Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Manhattan Nanny Stabbing Tragedy Brings Out the Worst in People

I don't know a thing about this "bankster" stuff but the original story made no sense. Who slits their own neck? If she wanted to kill herself after murdering those children, there are easier ways. And by all accounts, she was very close to this family. IDK, the official explanation is very odd.

Sometimes crazy is just crazy. Who slits their throat? Some nut that has stabbed two tiny children totally at her mercy.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I've heard of people cutting their own throat before. One was a woman who'd just killed her kids. I don't think there's anything weird about that method. She was obviously in a complete frantic crazy state.
    The poor mum, I can't even imagine how you'd carry on after this.

Why not blame the fathers for working and not spending all days with their kids. How pathetic.
    ManxMouse likes this.

This is a very sad case! And I don't see a nanny who cared for them flipping off and doing this... That poor family and those previously sweet babies.
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

fgg

Nanny Yoselyn Ortega's Sister: 'She Snapped'

The life of Yoselyn Ortega, the 50-year-old nanny arrested Thursday for allegedly stabbing to death two young children with whom she was entrusted, had been unraveling of late, according to accounts from relatives and neighbors.

"Over the last couple of months was not herself," family members told detectives, reports The New York Times.

The home Ortega shared with a 17-year-old son, a sister and a niece in Upper Manhattan's Hamilton Heights was an overcrowded tenement, where she would roam the hallways selling cheap cosmetics and jewelry to neighbors who found her distant and moody, The Times also reports – noting that, as everyone tries to put the pieces together, officials remain mystified as to what could have prompted anyone to commit such a heinous act.

Equally baffled are those closest to the nanny. "She snapped," her tearful sister, Celia Ortega, told the New York Post. "We don’t understand what happened to her mind."

Celia told the paper she would tell her sister, "I'd give you my life," if it would bring back Lucia and Leo.

"She was, according to others, seeking some professional help," chief police spokesperson Paul J. Browne said of Yoselyn Ortega, adding, "There were financial concerns."

"She lost a lot of weight. She looked very unhealthy. It looked like she was going through some problems," Ortega's neighbor, Ruben Diaz, 49, told the Post. "She had aged a lot – like seven years in a few months.

Lucia Krim, 6, and her brother, Leo Krim, 2, were found stabbed and bleeding in a bathroom of their Upper West Side apartment by their mother, Marina Krim, 36, when she arrived home at their upscale residence, located near Central Park, with her third child, a 3-year-old daughter named Nessie, around 5:30 p.m. Thursday, the NYPD said. Marina's screams caused neighbors to call 911.

The children's father, Kevin Krim, 37, a CNBC executive, was out of town on business at the time. Police informed him of the deaths when he landed at the airport.

"We believe now that the nanny began stabbing herself … as the mother entered the bathroom," New York Police Commissioner Raymond W. Kelly told reporters at a news conference Friday. Ortega, a naturalized American citizen from the Dominican Republic, has not been formally charged. In police custody, she remains hospitalized in a medically induced coma for her knife wounds, according to Kelly.

Kelly said Ortega worked for the Krims for two years, after a referral from a previous employer (rather than an agency, which customarily does background checks), and has "no history that we're aware of" with troubling incidents dealing with the family.

"No fighting with the mom, the family, the kids," an official told The Times. "Everybody is looking for a reason here. … We've got nothing bad other than the fact that she killed two children."
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

People are assholes.
    Seapharris7 likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Hit By Ban Bus!

Police: Nanny stabbed herself upon mother's arrival

From Wayne Drash, CNN
    updated 12:07 PM EDT, Sat October 27, 2012

New York (CNN) -- The New York nanny suspected in the killings of two children in her care began knifing herself when their mother entered the bathroom and saw the bodies in the bathtub, police said Friday.

"We believe now that the nanny began to stab herself as the woman entered the room," Police Commissioner Ray Kelly told reporters in a revised account of Thursday's events.

"We initially thought that had already been done but now information is coming out that she did it as the mother entered the bathroom."

Earlier, police had said that Marina Krim found nanny Yoselyn Ortega, 50, on the bathroom floor of the family's Upper West Side luxury apartment with self-inflicted wounds.

In the tub lay the clothed bodies of two of Krim's children: Leo, who had recently celebrated his second birthday with "Pinkalicious-inspired cupcakes;" and his 6-year-old sister, Lucia, who had performed "beautifully in her ballet recital" in May.

Both children had been repeatedly stabbed, police said.

Ortega started stabbing herself in the neck with a kitchen knife, police said. Her wrists were slit.

"The charge is still to be determined," Kelly said.

Police: Nanny stabbed herself upon mother's arrival - CNN.com

That's a pretty dramatic revision. And

'"We initially thought that had already been done but now information is coming out that she did it as the mother entered the bathroom."
    is an odd statement to make--- 'information coming out' sounds like the Commissioner is repeating information by someone other than Mrs. Krim, but she's the only witness to the event. Why didn't he specifically attribute this 'revision' to her?

No doubt the poor Mother was in serious shock. It may have ben some time before she could even verbalize what she had seen when. ahaow awful.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
    Leo, who had recently celebrated his second birthday with "Pinkalicious-inspired cupcakes;" and his 6-year-old sister, Lucia, who had performed "beautifully in her ballet recital"
    This is like the 20th article I've read with this on it... Oddly I was wondering what they were & if this was some kind of weird product placement. I Googled this... for a boy the images I saw were really girlie, like pinks & purples, princess-like. I dont know why this kept sticking out to me, I've been feeling a little ADD lately & have no idea why they keep this detail in the articles.
    Also, what is "overcrowded tenement"? Like her specific residence was overcrowded, like a 1 bd with 4 people... or just a high congested area in general?

It sounds like the nanny panicked when they mom walked in
    Sugar... The real gateway drug

Quote Originally Posted by Sarzy View Post
    I've heard of people cutting their own throat before. One was a woman who'd just killed her kids. I don't think there's anything weird about that method.
    Yes, it's not uncommon. That's how Jane Fonda's mother committed suicide *shivers*
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    Yes, it's not uncommon. That's how Jane Fonda's mother committed suicide *shivers*
    Yikes. I didn't know that.

I've heard of people slashing their own throats before. I'm not positive, but I think a lot of people don't end up succeeding, because they don't cut in deep enough or far enough to the side through the carotid.

I don't know what to make of the Banksters angle of this. As for the nanny, the story they're presently going with is that she had a break down, maybe schizophrenia?

Quote Originally Posted by Seapharris7 View Post
    This is like the 20th article I've read with this on it... Oddly I was wondering what they were & if this was some kind of weird product placement. I Googled this... for a boy the images I saw were really girlie, like pinks & purples, princess-like. I dont know why this kept sticking out to me, I've been feeling a little ADD lately & have no idea why they keep this detail in the articles.
    Also, what is "overcrowded tenement"? Like her specific residence was overcrowded, like a 1 bd with 4 people... or just a high congested area in general?

It sounds like the nanny panicked when they mom walked in
    I think they keep the Pinkalicious thing in the article as a human interest aspect. It looks girly to me, too, but I think it's just children's books and products?

"Overcrowded tenement" probably means the building she lives in has more people living in it than are supposed to, as in 1 bed with 4 people, for example. Not that the nanny's apartment was necessarily overcrowded, but the actual building.
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

Isn't the Pinkalicious thing what the mother wrote on her Facebook? I think they've just taken her quotes and repeated them for lack of any other personal info.

My gg-grandfather cut his own throat, and it's affected every generation of my family since. We didn't even know about it until a few years ago but always knew there were some dark skeletons and when I finally read the Coroner's report at the library I cried and almost threw up. Such a sad and desperate way to go.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

When I was (temporarily) a pledge in a sorority in college, our house mother cut her throat and died in the house. Or that's what we were told. I always thought it was a very unusual way to commit suicide, esp. for a woman. But I think the story here as it's being reported isn't sketchy or suspicious, trying to bring in some conspiracy-theory "bankster" angle is really rubbing me the wrong way. Like, let's take this horrific tragedy and try to make something entertaining out of it.

I'm glad the nanny survived so we may learn what happened with her, and so she can be held accountable for this.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information