Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Man uses electric dog collar on step-daughter

When my bf was little his nan had chicks and she use to let them crawl in to some kind of warm oven things (she never had it really hot just warm so as not to kill them!) But my bf walked in one day and closed the door and switched it on coz he didn't realise they were in there, he still feels like shit to this day when he hinks about it so how can ppl do these things on purpose and live with themselves after it??

Im the kinda person that puts spiders in cups and gentle places them on the ground outside, and I hate spiders!!! :p
    No man is worth your tears, but once you find one that is, he won't make you cry
    G_ F_CK Y__RS_LF - Would you like to buy a vowel??

Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post
    Ok, just remind me here...isn't barking a normal thing for a dog to do?
    Of course. But people sometimes find themselves in situations where having a barking dog is a bad thing, and need to get them to stop. For example, if you move to a new apartment and your dog starts barking non-stop the entire time you're at work, you might get a bark collar to train it not to. The better way to go about it is to get real training and recondition it so that it doesn't do that anymore, but people often take the easier or cheaper way out... and honestly, sometimes training can be really hard and take weeks with more stubborn dogs.

The citronella spray collars are humane, though... it's just an unpleasant smell.

Some people will go as far as having their dog "debarked" by having the vocal cords severed. It's horrible thing to do, and it's really sad to see a dog that's had it done. I've seen a few of them, and they all made... low, hoarse, yelping sounds when they tried to bark. Ugh.

I never thought of that muchlove, my dogs wine and howl the whole time we're out, my neighbours have complained before but didn't think there was anything I could do. I'd never use an electric collar but the other thing that sprays something under the dogs nose sounds OK. Is it just a bad smell that the dogs don't like?
    No man is worth your tears, but once you find one that is, he won't make you cry

Yes, basically it's supposed to just annoy them into not barking. lol. It has a strong smell (and their noses are so sensitive to smell), plus the sudden burst right in front of their nose startles them.

Here's a page that explains how it works: http://www.aboistop.com/index_en.html
    I think this one makes a sound that startles them, too.

Last edited by muchlove; October 17th, 2005 at 05:29 AM.

SVZ

Quote Originally Posted by SammysMom View Post
    My parents had a dog that was poisoned. The reason the neighbor gave was he didnt like the dog, daushund, going to the bathroom in his yard and he also said "one day he will be digging in my trash cans I know it". My mom seems to tell the story often even though I know it by heart. People can be so heartless.
    how can a dachshund dig through trash??

Haha the thought of that smelly collar makes me laugh.

Not sure if it'd work on my dog though, he spends half his time with his nose either rammed up my other dogs hoop or 2mm away from his own freshly made steaming turd!!

Gold Member

What a fucking asshole.

We have used them to train our dogs because the alternative was our very determined Doxy running the streets and risking getting run over. We don't call him the Houdini Weenie for nothing. He's very resourceful, especially back before he lost his testicles and kept wanting to visit his girlfriend down the street. Anyway, I suppose you could turn it all the way up and do some damage. I've never tried to turn it any higher than was recommended. It basically gives them a zap about like sticking your finger in an outlet. Unpleasant, but not painful if you've ever done it. Pretty much the dog tries it once or twice, learns where the line is (you mark it with flags at first and the collar also beeps a warning before the dog gets to the zapping point) and they never cross the line again to avoid the zap.
    Last edited by zebracakes; October 18th, 2005 at 03:48 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information