Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Man uses electric dog collar on step-daughter

I would never let an animal of mine outside on its own, ever. I couldn't imagine my little puppy on the street all alone and if somebody did anything cruel to him I dunno what I'd do and if he was killed purposely by some fucked up little sicko I'd go down for murder!

I read in my local paper about a buch of youths grabbed a kitten off the street, cornered it and set their raging pitbull on it, the weirdos even filmed the whole thing on their mobiles to show to their friends. God these things really make my blood boil
    No man is worth your tears, but once you find one that is, he won't make you cry
    G_ F_CK Y__RS_LF - Would you like to buy a vowel??

Quote Originally Posted by moocow View Post
    No, the discussion just turned.
    I was being facetious - I have a rather ward sense of humor but there are many people that prefer animals to humans.

Last edited by suede; October 14th, 2005 at 07:44 AM.
    He who knows does not speak.
    He who speaks does not know.
    Lao-tzu

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

she got pregnant - in jail no less.
    Don't you just love when women get knocked up in jail? Nice guards, to give them a bit of tea and sympathy in thier time of need...
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

You know, I was horrified for the little girl when I read the story... but really, people will at least make an attempt to protect her. Animals get abused and tortured all the time and there isn't nearly enough protection for them. It's just sad, is all.

I've quit the forum...it's taking too much time from my work :( Sorry, I love the majority of you :)

About a year ago I read a story on a news site that said a female saw a bunch of young men standing around a barbecue going "meow, meow" and laughing...when she ran over she saw they had a newborn kitten lying on the hot coals.

She picked it up and tried to save it but it died.

I will never, ever, ever, EVER understand what it is in some people that makes them enjoy watching animals suffer.
    den framtida fru Ulf Ekholm :p
    "En ring nu och en till brölloppet. Jag älskar dig Marissa! / AUE"

Quote Originally Posted by blondeviking View Post
    About a year ago I read a story on a news site that said a female saw a bunch of young men standing around a barbecue going "meow, meow" and laughing...when she ran over she saw they had a newborn kitten lying on the hot coals.

She picked it up and tried to save it but it died.

I will never, ever, ever, EVER understand what it is in some people that makes them enjoy watching animals suffer.
    O M G

WTF is wrong with people.
    It's like they're wired wrong.
    Lao-tzu

Quote Originally Posted by suede View Post
    LOL

This thread is funny - I just read thorugh the whole thing - no one cares about the little girl only animals.

Which just goes to prove we treat animals better than humans and people that treat animals bad treat everyone bad.

If it's not OK to use the electronic collar on a child, why would it be OK to use it on an animal? Both are cruel and unnecessary one doesn't cancel out the other. People who own animals have a responsibility to train them. Using those kind of devices is just lazy IMO.

Those collars aren't legal in Canada to my knowledge, and they never will be if I have anything to say about it. Just one more way for people to abuse other living things.

Quote Originally Posted by pacific breeze View Post
    If it's not OK to use the electronic collar on a child, why would it be OK to use it on an animal? Both are cruel and unnecessary one doesn't cancel out the other. People who own animals have a responsibility to train them. Using those kind of devices is just lazy IMO.
    I never said they were OK at all - for animals or humans - if fact I think I suggested the very opposite.

I was merely amused at the extreme change of direction in this thread - just a bit more than a tangent.
    Lao-tzu

I never heard of an electric dog collar myself. Hell I could'nt imagine that kind of thing being sold in a pet shop or something. Still that is reall fucked up that somone would buy that for an animal, and then use it on a human being as "punishment".

Blondeviking, that story you posted reminded me off what I saw some kids doing to this little cat near my parent's house. The kids (about 10-sh) were hanging this stray cat by the tail and dragging it across the ground and throwing it and one of them was holding a lighter up to his face. I scared off the stupid kids and took the cat over to the vet. Luckly the cat was'nt injured but the vet found out it was blinded by some burns on it's face, supposedly from the kids.

I honestly think some people should'nt be around animals period, or any other living being for that matter.

They have electric bark collars... it gives a shock when the dog barks. Most people consider them cruel (they have been known to burn the dog's fur!) and they now make an alternative bark collar that sprays a mist of citronella under the dog's nose. It's supposed to work just as well.

I went to school with a horrible boy that drowned a litter of kittens in a barrel. He was bragging all over the place about it and laughing and showing the dead kittens to kids.

One of my cousins killed a litter of puppies. She was about... 6 or 7 years old, and she put the puppies under the couch cushion and sat on them until they suffocated. Her parents asked her why she did it and she just shrugged. I think they grounded her for like a week and told her she couldn't have a puppy ever again. :/

I hate people sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by muchlove View Post
    I went to school with a horrible boy that drowned a litter of kittens in a barrel. He was bragging all over the place about it and laughing and showing the dead kittens to kids.

One of my cousins killed a litter of puppies. She was about... 6 or 7 years old, and she put the puppies under the couch cushion and sat on them until they suffocated. Her parents asked her why she did it and she just shrugged. I think they grounded her for like a week and told her she couldn't have a puppy ever again. :/

I hate people sometimes.
    It's gotta be a mental thing - like a disassociation - no, maybe?
    Lao-tzu

I guess. My cousin was a weird, creepy kid... but surprisingly, she grew up to be perfectly normal (as far as I can tell).

Maybe it's as simple as just not being taught to view animals as having feelings? As being disposable objects? I don't know.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

They have electric bark collars... it gives a shock when the dog barks. Most people consider them cruel (they have been known to burn the dog's fur!) and they now make an alternative bark collar that sprays a mist of citronella under the dog's nose. It's supposed to work just as well.
    Ok, just remind me here...isn't barking a normal thing for a dog to do?
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information