Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Man uses electric dog collar on step-daughter

^^OMG--my boyfriend lets his cat out & I thought she was safe because she has all her claws. I never realized some sicko could take her & hurt her.
    A loving person lives in a loving world. A hostile person lives in a hostile world. Everyone you meet is your mirror. -Ken Keyes Jr.

I've always kept my cats indoors, too. A lot of people don't like that, and one of my old roommates told me I was a horrible pet owner, got into huge fights with me about it, and tried to let my cat out when I wasn't home. OMG I could have killed her for that. I threatened to let her parakeet "get some fresh air" and she left me alone.

It's probably fine if you live out in the country, but if you live in the city and let your cat go outside, the chances of it dying young increase a lot (there are actual stats on this, but I don't feel like looking them up right now). But even in the country, things can happen. I lost 3 cats that way when I lived in in a tiny southern town with only one main road... two got hit by cars, one just disappeared. I also had a dog run over by a TRAIN, and another was poisoned by neighbors.

So yeah, I keep my pets inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank_Rizzo View Post
    Be VERY careful about letting your cats out, especially this time of year (Halloween). People are TERRIBLE to cats around this time. Make sure your bf keeps his cat indoors until well after Halloween (preferably forever!!).

You also see way too many cats on the side of the road. It breaks my heart. So not only can your cat get hurt by some sick sadistic fuck, it can also get hit by a car.
    I am emailing him right now. He'll probably say I'm being over-protective, but I know he'd be heartbroken if anything happened to Tabby.
    A loving person lives in a loving world. A hostile person lives in a hostile world. Everyone you meet is your mirror. -Ken Keyes Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Elise View Post
    I am emailing him right now. He'll probably say I'm being over-protective, but I know he'd be heartbroken if anything happened to Tabby.
    Elise I had the horror of witnessing a black kitten being set on fire. I lived in an apartment complex at the time and three boys(10-12 yrs old) had this black kitten and I saw it was wet but never ever thought it had been saturated in lighter butane. I was getting my mail at the time and as I had turned to walk back to my apartment these boys who were across the street from the mailbox area lit this little kitten on fire. Something made me turn around and as I did the kitten went up in a ball of flames. The sound is something I never want to hear again. One of the kids got burned since he was holding the kitten, served him right and I told him that. I ran over and started patting the fire out with my hands. I got burned but it was worth it. Police came out and the boys had to do community service. It was on the news and the kitten was adopted. That was around Halloween also.

He said he'd keep her in from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by Elise View Post
    He said he'd keep her in from now on.

Aw, that's awesome. I've known too many guys that would have said I was being stupid and ignore me (luckily my bf agrees with me on pet issues).

All of my cats live inside. We have one cat that we adopted that was living outside when we got him. He would come in for food, go back out, and stay out most of the time until bedtime, when my husband would go out and find him to bring him in. One night he couldn't find him. All night (we figured he was sleeping somewhere) The next morning he still hadn't turned up. Even for breakfast, and he is a 20 pounder, so he doesn't miss meals. I started to freak out. We have coyotes around here, there are streets, and people can be nasty. There are also a lot of dogs around. Suddenly I heard his little voice. We found him up a tree, and he couldn't figure out how to get down. My husband reached him down, he had spent all night (in November) in this tree. We figure something chased him up there. He is too fat to climb voluntarily. Now he is not at all interested in outside. He is happy to spend most of his time eating or sleeping, or sitting in the windows when it is warm enough. He wants no part of going outside.
    Keep passing the open windows.

^^It's getting cold as well, Tabby HATES the cold. She wanted out the other day & I kept letting her out. She'd stand in it for 5 seconds, run back inside. She did this over & over again.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerfan View Post
    Elise I had the horror of witnessing a black kitten being set on fire. I lived in an apartment complex at the time and three boys(10-12 yrs old) had this black kitten and I saw it was wet but never ever thought it had been saturated in lighter butane. I was getting my mail at the time and as I had turned to walk back to my apartment these boys who were across the street from the mailbox area lit this little kitten on fire. Something made me turn around and as I did the kitten went up in a ball of flames. The sound is something I never want to hear again. One of the kids got burned since he was holding the kitten, served him right and I told him that. I ran over and started patting the fire out with my hands. I got burned but it was worth it. Police came out and the boys had to do community service. It was on the news and the kitten was adopted. That was around Halloween also.
    Jesus christ! It would have taken everything in me not to beat the shit out of them. At least the kitten was ok.

Several cats went missing in my neighborhood in Chicago one year, right before Halloween. A neighbor came and knocked on out door to see if we had any missing, because she and a few other people had cats disappear. People are sick.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank_Rizzo View Post
    YEA!!! That's great.

Sooner, those fucking brats are lucky I didn't witness that. I don't think I'd be able to control myself, I'd probably be in jail to this day. I can't believe they got a slap on the wrist... they should've been forced to undergo counseling, especially since there is a proven link between cruelty to animals and violence toward people.
    Oh believe me they got an earful and then some even when the police were there. Police officer kept telling me to calm down. Thank god I didnt live too far from a Vet clinic and my first time in a police car was to the vet clinic. Refused to be taken to the hospital until I knew the kitten was going to be ok. The kids did have the community service and they also had to speak in front of their fellow class mates about cruelty to animals. Amazingly enough it was two of the kid's parents that suggested they do this. This was not in a slummy part of town, these kids came from middle ot upper income homes. As I found out later it was enough embarrasement for them that the story was in the paper but on the news, they didnt give out the kids names but the location we were in and other kids being around word got out quickly.

& my bf lives near a high school. Like--2 streets over. Not to be mean to teenagers, but that FREAKS me out even more.

I hate telling my puppy off when he does wee wee on carpet never mind electrocuting him!!!
    No man is worth your tears, but once you find one that is, he won't make you cry
    G_ F_CK Y__RS_LF - Would you like to buy a vowel??

A friend of mine owns a pet store and he happened to be in the army and was trained in the K-9 unit. He has 2 dogs - his and his wife's - his dog just needs him to look at him a certain way and the dog knows the command. Now when they got the second dog his wife wanted the collar for her boxer because she didnt want her husband training the dog.

To shorten the story he researched the collar and bought the best he could find (that's just his way) and when he got it he tried it on himself first so he would know what it felt like.

This is a BIG guy - he's 6'4, large boned, 280lbs and strong like a bull.

The dog never wore the collar and he trained his wife's dog and he has since called the collar a torture device and he tells all of his customer's that ask him about them in his store.

I think that little girls mother and step father should get a taste of their own "medicine".
    He who knows does not speak.
    He who speaks does not know.
    Lao-tzu

LOL

This thread is funny - I just read thorugh the whole thing - no one cares about the little girl only animals.

Which just goes to prove we treat animals better than humans and people that treat animals bad treat everyone bad.
    He who knows does not speak.
    He who speaks does not know.
    Lao-tzu

Quote Originally Posted by suede View Post
    LOL

This thread is funny - I just read thorugh the whole thing - no one cares about the little girl only animals.

Which just goes to prove we treat animals better than humans and people that treat animals bad treat everyone bad.
    No, the discussion just turned.

It would be nice if there was a way to enforce sterilization of child abusers, but that seems to violate human rights. There was a woman in Jacksonville who had TWO children drown, at different times. The neighbors had really tried to help her after the first. She was living in filth, they cleaned her house, volunteered to babysit, etc. When the second died, she was arrested for neglect (or whatever the term), and the neighbors petitioned to have her sterilized when they found out she got pregnant - in jail no less. The judge had to refuse.

I think that people view having children as a right, when it really is a privilege. There is no reason anyone MUST have children, yet people feel they have to. I don't understand why people who don't even like children reproduce.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information