Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Man Shoots, Kills Burglar at Sisterís House Only to Find Out It Was His Teen Son

Quote Originally Posted by Karistiona View Post
    A misguided 15 year old kid deserved to be shot and killed by his dad? No way in hell. Whatever happened to locking the doors and phoning the police? The dad doesn't deserve to have a gun if he's so trigger-happy.
    In all honestly, since he lived next door, I would think that he should have been able to just walk out to his porch with a baseball bat and shouted, "Hey, *-hole! The cops are on their way!"

If someone were invading my home, I'm not sure I would have the presence of mind, the eyesight (in the dark), or the aim to accurately hit a burglar, and ensure that the bullet didn't go through my wall and hit one of my kids.

He's 15, he knew damn well what he was doing. I don't see a 15 year old as a child, that's a young man capable of knowing the consequences of his actions. He was breaking into a woman's house, who he knew was alone, and he had a knife. Was he going to rob her or rape her? If you were just going to steal some shit why would you have a knife unless you intended to use it? So yes, he got the consequences of his actions, the consequences were severe, but he brought it on himself. He could have identified himself, but instead he fought with his adopted dad.... It's sad, but it was his choice.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadDwarf View Post
    He's 15, he knew damn well what he was doing. I don't see a 15 year old as a child, that's a young man capable of knowing the consequences of his actions. He was breaking into a woman's house, who he knew was alone, and he had a knife. Was he going to rob her or rape her? If you were just going to steal some shit why would you have a knife unless you intended to use it? So yes, he got the consequences of his actions, the consequences were severe, but he brought it on himself. He could have identified himself, but instead he fought with his adopted dad.... It's sad, but it was his choice.

I agree with DD. Although really unfortunate the dad shot his own kid, keep in mind it was night and the dad might not have even known he was facing off with a teenager. The teen had a knife, so he wasn't playing around - the teen was targeting his aunt. As most rape victims know their rapists, I'm thinking the worst of the boy's intentions.
    Who was the first person to say, "See that chicken there? I'm gonna eat the next thing that comes outta its bum"?

I'm not saying he was a misunderstood good boy, what I'm saying is that he obviously had a difficult life and had issues. The solution to that situation was to lock the doors and call the police, not take on the attacker and when things got too heated shoot the attacker to death. If you ask me guns are rarely a good solution.
    Callalily and stef like this.
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

Good post Kari. This kid came from a family that had many issues by the sounds of things - kids that have to be adopted have not had normal lives.
    There is obviously more to this than first appears, but shooting the kid is not going to resolve them.
    Free Charmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    Good post Kari. This kid came from a family that had many issues by the sounds of things - kids that have to be adopted have not had normal lives.
    There is obviously more to this than first appears, but shooting the kid is not going to resolve them.
    That is exactly what I was thinking - that there is just a lot that we still don't know. Apparently, though, 911 was called by Giuliano's wife, his sister, and the neighbors. But exactly when seems unclear to me.

Jeffrey Giuliano seems to have a sterling reputation. Students loved him. He allowed the police to search his house without a warrant. And immediately gave a sworn statement about what happened.

Conversely, Tyler had a reputation as being a very sweet, low-key kid. Virtually every student is shocked and can't reconcile what happened with the person they thought they knew. The only strange part is the fact that he seemingly came from a messed-up family. His dad was about to go to prison, and the Giuliano's adopted Tyler to prevent him from being sent to an orphanage. Who knows what kind of stuff that Tyler might have seen or experienced that could have affected him profoundly and negatively?

Below is a link to a followup story. I'm only pasting part of it because the format is funky.

Tyler Giuliano: 911 calls released of father who unknowingly shot dead son who was wearing a mask | Mail Online

'Someone's been shot. They were trying to break into my house and I called my brother next door,' said Alexis Scocozza, Giuliano's sister, on the 911 recording.

Speaking rapidly and trying to catch her breath, she said she wasn't sure if her brother was shot.
    'I don't know if he was shot or not,' the sister says.
    'Does your brother have a gun?' the dispatcher asks.
    'I think so,' she replies. 'But I opened the front door and he screamed for me to stay inside.'
    Giuliano's wife also called police.
    Gene Zingaro, Giuliano's attorney, said this week that Giuliano believed the masked person had a gun.
    'What that tells me is she did not know if there was one or two guns,' Zingaro said, referring to Giuliano's sister. 'Mr. Giuliano as we all know felt like at the time of the shooting the masked intruder not only had a gun but that he was in imminent danger.'
    The recordings show that 'probably five or six' calls came in to the dispatch center from people who heard 'multiple' shots fired, and that the police arrived in a matter of minutes.
    On another call, someone says it appeared the teen might have a gunshot wound to the head. Police have said Tyler died of multiple gunshot wounds.
    Police are investigating the shooting. No charges have been filed and Zingaro said he doesn't expect any.

Devastated Jeffery Giuliano went outside with his gun at 1am after his sister called to say someone was trying to break into her house next door in New Fairfield, about 50 miles from New York city.
    He saw a masked person holding a knife come toward him in a threatening manner and shot him.

After calling the police Mr Giuliano began to fear it was his son he had shot, as the boy had been missing, but the terrible truth was not confirmed for several hours.
    Mr Giuliano's attorney Gene Zingaro, who arrived at the scene shortly after the shooting, said Giuliano was inconsolable and physically ill - crying and vomiting.
    Giuliano and his wife adopted Tyler and his sister about four years ago.

The children's biological father was heading to prison, and the children would have gone into an orphanage if the couple, who had three other children, had not adopted them, Zingaro said.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information