Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Man decapitated on greyhound bus while travelling through... MANITOBA :P

well then. Crazy, armed, decapitating and cannibal.

yeah, someone should have stopped him on the bus, how could they just run away.

<sarcasm>
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I wonder how many forty year old guys named Vince Li live in Edmonton?

"The howling backwoods that is IMDB is where film criticism goes to die (and then have its corpse gang-raped, called a racist, and accused of supporting Al-Qaeda)" ----Sean O'Neal, The Onion AV Club

Man, to think they're going to clean this bus up and use it again, who's going to want to ride the bus of death? Creepy as f**k.

WTF? EATING HIM?

How in the holy f*ck could this happen? This story makes me sad, sick, and furious at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by celeb_2006 View Post
    Man, to think they're going to clean this bus up and use it again, who's going to want to ride the bus of death? Creepy as f**k.
    Naw-doubt it. That sucker is going to be tied up on court cases and litigation for light years!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

The psycho has a wife? Can you imagine the kind of hell she is living right now too?

People are going to judge her because of her husband. How horrible for her! A lot of times, wives of these types had no clue anything was wrong with their spouses.

I wonder if they had kids?

^someone should check the BBQ
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

"He had the most infectious giggle. You could hear him laughing a mile away."
    *shudder* ... that gives me the willies.
    Quote Originally Posted by stella blue View Post
    I saw one a while back that had two guys dressed like pterodactyls and some chick doing stuff while a little unidentified dinosaur watched. It was at that point that I realized (hoped?) I'd reached the end of the internet.

There are no words. That guy deserves the cruelest most inhumane punishment known to mankind. He's obviously a fucking psycho and he should suffer for it.

Looks like some people had noticed something was a bit off about Li before he did this.

Sábado, 2 de Agosto de 2008

Friend describes accused killer as 'quiet, reserved'

WINNIPEG - The 40-year-old man accused in the gruesome stabbing and beheading of his young seatmate on a Greyhound bus this week arrived from China about four years ago and found a home in Winnipeg - surrounded by a loving wife and caring members of the community who quickly took him under their wing.

He soon found a job, vastly improved his English, and enjoyed socializing with new friends at Sunday-morning church services, dinner parties and trips to a nearby lake.

Life appeared to be very good for the new Canadian.

Yet, those who got to know Vince Weiguang Li well soon saw something else.

"He was kind of a lost soul. It was as if he was always looking for something," a member of a Winnipeg family that befriended Li - even having him over for Christmas dinner two years ago - told the Winnipeg Free Press on Saturday in an exclusive interview.

The woman and her family agreed to come forward with their story, but have requested anonymity, not wanting to be deluged by other news media covering a story that has made headlines around the world.

They are reeling over this week's horrific slaying aboard the Greyhound Bus, in which Li is accused of beheading a sleeping passenger, Tim McLean, 22, of Winnipeg.

They say Li was troubled, in their opinion, but refused repeated offers to see a doctor and get help.

The family friend who works in the mental-health field said it was obvious Li was struggling.

"He needed help, but he just wouldn't get it," she said.

And there were the unannounced bus trips that would catch his wife by surprise - such as the time he hopped on a Greyhound headed to The Pas, Man., later explaining he wanted to look at some land he was thinking about buying.

"I don't think he actually had any money," the woman said.

She recalls an unusual conversation with Li shortly after he got a traffic ticket in Winnipeg.

"He started talking about how 'they were after me, there was nothing there,' " the woman said.

Li and his wife Anna found a home near downtown Winnipeg shortly after coming to Canada.

He was hired as a forklift driver, while she began working several waitressing jobs at Chinese food restaurants in the city.

The couple began occasionally attending church services at a Baptist church, which opened the door to other social opportunities.

Li worked at the church and its attached schoolhouse as a night custodian for a time, but left his job about four years ago.

The woman who spoke with the Winnipeg Free Press said her father and stepmother took a liking to the couple, and began having them over for dinner and, eventually, for visits to their cottage.

"He was always a little bit quiet, kind of reserved. I think that's because he was self-conscious about his English," she said.

However, Li eventually warmed up to the family.

"We'd play cards together, Dominos, games like that," she said.

However, things changed about two years ago when Li suddenly left his wife and went to Edmonton.

She stayed behind in Winnipeg - continuing to work various jobs - but recently went to Edmonton, where Li had apparently found work delivering newspapers and flyers.

Members of the Winnipeg church had recently spoken with Li, concerned about how he and his wife were doing.

Tom Castor, senior pastor at the church, said Saturday he's certain he met Li at some point during his time working there, but couldn't remember speaking with him. Turnover amongst custodial staff is high at the church, Castor said, as workers gather skills and move on to other jobs elsewhere.

At a pre-Sunday service meeting, he and staff at the church will discuss how the church could appropriately try to offer some kind of help to their former custodian, Castor said.

Meanwhile, the family of a young man who died on the bus in Manitoba on Wednesday night also spoke Saturday, calling 22-year-old Tim McLean "a little guy with a heart bigger than you could know."

"Timothy Richard McLean - known as Timmy to his friends and Tim Junior by his family - was a stubborn soul and a kind one," said Tim's uncle, Alex McLean, reading a statement from the family.

"He made friends effortlessly, disliked no one, and accepted everyone for who they were. He was a charmer who loved to smile, and you could never take a plate of food away from him."

The family thanked the thousands of well-wishers who have expressed their sorrow and shock at Tim's gruesome and sudden death.

"The family appreciates all the love and support from friends, loved ones and the public nationwide," Alex McLean read.

Dozens of tribute groups have been set up in Tim McLean's honour on social networking sites, where messages of condolence can be posted publicly.
    By Saturday evening, nearly 50,000 people had joined the tribute group, RIP Tim McLean.

At the time of his death, Tim McLean was on his way home to Manitoba after working as a summer carnival worker at Edmonton's Red River Ex and Vancouver's Pacific National Exhibition.

Li, charged with second-degree murder, will appear in court again Tuesday.
    Canada.com
    Time Crash: Friend describes accused killer as 'quiet, reserved'

"The howling backwoods that is IMDB is where film criticism goes to die (and then have its corpse gang-raped, called a racist, and accused of supporting Al-Qaeda)" ----Sean O'Neal, The Onion AV Club

Somebody on a Canadian news forum was saying he feels sorry for the killer because the Canadians must have just treated him so badly in order for him to go and do a thing like that, and a couple dozen people agreed with this

I personally will save my energy for feeling sorry for the victim and his loved ones and immigrants who may be be having a tough time but, you know, DON'T kill people and mutilate their bodies.

Oh fuck off. I had a mental illness, i was a 'lost soul', and its no excuse to cut someone's head off.. and 'someone' being a complete stranger to you. I am so furious... the poor family, how the hell do you ever get over it.

A*O

Psychos do unspeakable things to total strangers all the time, eg, Jeffrey Dahmer. The difference with this case is that the psycho did it in public. I'm not defending this guy at all, but he obviously has a severe mental illness and the justice system must take account of that. You can hate what he did but you can't "hate" him because he's mentally ill. It's like saying you hate people with diabetes. I just feel desperately sorry for the victim and his family. There but for the grace of God...
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Dunno, if he was suffering from a mental illness severe enough to absolve him of responsibility for killing someone, then doesn't he still bear some responsibility for carrying around a hunting knife knowing he was having problems like that? I know psychotic people don't feel they are pscyhotic but it sounds like other people were telling him something was wrong and to get help. Might want to consider not carrying around a deadly weapon in that case.

treated him so badly? Yeah, because Canada has no experience with chinese immigration (cough largest landed immigrant ethnic group in the country cough)

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread Information