Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Man decapitated on greyhound bus while travelling through... MANITOBA :P

How is this not first degree murder? What more had to be done to make this first degree?

^ Yeah, I know, I just don't think they will be able to do that, since it was so random. Then again, carrying around a rambo knife does seem like he was looking to hurt someone.

Canadian Law:

1. First degree murder is a murder which is (1) planned and deliberate, (2) contracted, (3) committed against an identified peace officer, (4) while committing or attempting to commit one of the following offences (hijacking an aircraft, sexual assault, sexual assault with a weapon, aggravated sexual assault, kidnapping and forcible confinement or hostage taking), (5) while committing criminal harassment, (6) committed during terrorist activity, (7) while using explosives in association with a criminal organization, or (8) while committing intimidation.
    2. Second degree murder is all murder which is not first degree murder.
    Second-degree murder is pretty bad......and it's far worse than manslaughter.

Ugh, I cannot possibly imagine what this poor guy's family's going through, and the people on the bus, and....it's just a nightmare. Imagine finding out not only that your son is dead, but that he was stabbed and decapitated? I would be weeping and throwing up for the rest of my life.

On that guy's myspace page he put 'dying' as one of his general interests..

Quote Originally Posted by Lily View Post
    Canadian Law:

1. First degree murder is a murder which is (1) planned and deliberate, (2) contracted, (3) committed against an identified peace officer, (4) while committing or attempting to commit one of the following offences (hijacking an aircraft, sexual assault, sexual assault with a weapon, aggravated sexual assault, kidnapping and forcible confinement or hostage taking), (5) while committing criminal harassment, (6) committed during terrorist activity, (7) while using explosives in association with a criminal organization, or (8) while committing intimidation.
    2. Second degree murder is all murder which is not first degree murder.
    Second-degree murder is pretty bad......and it's far worse than manslaughter.

Ugh, I cannot possibly imagine what this poor guy's family's going through, and the people on the bus, and....it's just a nightmare. Imagine finding out not only that your son is dead, but that he was stabbed and decapitated? I would be weeping and throwing up for the rest of my life.
    Thanks for that explanation.

It seems like they could make this fit into 4, 5 or 8.

I don't know how the family or anyone who witnessed this could ever be normal again.

As I think about this, I'm thinking back to all of the horrible stories that have been out there lately and every time I think that I have heard the worst story ever possible, another one comes along that tops it. For example - think about the Austrian girl in the basement for 20+ years, the Columbia U college student tortured, the girl cut up in the suitcase, the kitten thrown out of the moving car, I could go on and on, unfortunately.

I said this in another thread and I'll say it again....HUMANS SUCK. In my next life I want to come back as one of my cats.

if you do that you'll be thrown from a car
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    if you do that you'll be thrown from a car
    I just laughed out loud at this. Thank you. I've been feeling very depressed today.

I'm annoyed by how people (not here) keep going on about how disgusting it is that no one intervened. It was on a bus with narrow aisles that accommodate only the width of one person. It doesn't matter how many people were on the bus, it would have meant only one person taking on the killer at a time (in other words, one person getting killed at a time), to try and save someone who was probably already beyond saving.

This is awful.

Greyhound has always scared me and now even moreso.

Quote Originally Posted by t13nif View Post
    Or the attacker would have had a gun and killed dozens of people before anyone could do anything .
    I'm not arguing the second amendment. Obviously knives are just as lethal. He could have stabbed or slashed many more. Bullets or blades, if someone is homicidal, he will find a way.

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy View Post
    Crowded bus. Confined space. People standing up and rushing for the door. Someone would have blown an innocent bystander's head off just as easily in conditions like that.
    I never stated there was no possibility for collateral damage. That is a possibility in any extreme situation. At that moment, fight or flight would be the only two thoughts in one's head. If someone had access to a firearm and his way out was blocked by other passengers...

I would have had my underwear on my head, and I would have been running around like a mad woman.

James Turner / AP
    Vince Weiguang Li, 40, is led into the Manitoba Provincial Court in Portage La Prairie on Friday.

TORONTO - A 40-year-old man who witnesses said stabbed and beheaded his seat mate on a Greyhound bus in Canada made his first court appearance Friday, while police offered no motive for the savage attack against the 22-year-old. Vince Weiguang Li, of Edmonton, Alberta, has been charged with second-degree murder and walked into the courtroom Friday in Portage la Prairie, Manitoba, with his head bowed.
    He did not reply when the judge asked him if he was going to get a lawyer, and only nodded slightly when asked whether he was exercising his right not to speak.

The prosecutor asked for a psychiatric assessment, but the judge said he wanted to give Li a chance to meet with his lawyer. Li's next court appearance is scheduled for Tuesday.
    Authorities have not released the victim's name but The Canadian Press said friends had identified him as Tim McLean and said he was headed to Winnipeg after working with the carnival in Edmonton.

Murder charge for bus beheading suspect - Americas - MSNBC.com

Good job his lawyer has. How the hell do you defend decapitating someone?

"uh.... k, see, thing is.. the guy's fucking batshit. I rest my case."
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Belindagogo View Post
    That guy is 6ft. 200 pounds?
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

^My thoughts exactly! I was expecting some large scary looking dude...

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread Information