Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Man decapitated on greyhound bus while travelling through... MANITOBA :P

k, that made me sad
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

A*O

I cannot imagine what his family must be going through. It's bad enough to lose someone so young but in these circumstances... I don't think I'd ever get over it.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

i'm in yer manifesto, correcting your spelling mistakes

Fuck, they need donations to support the life-time of counselling they will need.
    "Hope everyone' shavin a good one!" - Karistiona

They can buy that with donations
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

^^^^Won't the free Canadian healthcare cover it, or does it exclude mental health?

For basic stuff I believe it's covered, but not deep psychotherapy with a specialized shrink like these folks will need

I believe seeing a psychiatrist is covered but seeing a psychologist is not.

Yeah, the bus poster made me chuckle a bit. How bizarre is that!

More seriously, i feel SO sorry for the family. I'd never get over it.

The goverment in here shipped an army of therapists to help villagers seeing our loonie airing his wife,s head all over the village.
    "Effie is all kinds of awesome." - Some internet moderator

i'm in yer manifesto, correcting your spelling mistakes

Quote Originally Posted by crumpet View Post
    ^^^^Won't the free Canadian healthcare cover it, or does it exclude mental health?
    I'm betting either Greyhound will cover them for life or there will be a few big lawsoots coming.
    "Hope everyone' shavin a good one!" - Karistiona

Quote Originally Posted by crumpet View Post
    I think each province sets the terms of its health care coverage. I'm not sure about Manitoba but in British Columbia (where I used to live) it doesn't cover counselling or psychologists.

(Oh and it's not really "free". In BC we paid premiums based on our annual income. Coverage for our family - 2 adults, 1 kid - cost about $100/month. Granted, that's waaaayyy less than the cost of health care or health insurance in the US. Where I live now, though, we pay no premiums at all and have no territorial tax. It's awesome).
    "We know who we are, we like talking smack about strangers, and we're not gonna stop!" -- GR's Kalirga

'God is Punishing Canada'
    Group Plans Protest at Slain Man's Funeral

WINNIPEG -- A fundamentalist church group from the U.S. has announced it plans to picket the funeral of Tim McLean Jr. in Winnipeg, declaring, "God is punishing Canada."

"People are absolutely outraged about it," said Doug Mitchell, a friend of McLean's for about seven years.

Led by pastor Fred Phelps, the Westboro Baptist Church from Kansas issued a release saying they would picket McLean's funeral this weekend.

Phelps' daughter, Shirley Phelps-Roper, said about seven church members are expected to come to Winnipeg.

"What we're doing is trying to connect dots," Phelps-Roper told Sun Media last night.

"We're trying to get you to see that your rebellion against the standards of God, your disobedience to the commandments - your idols, your false gods, your filthy ways have brought wrath upon your head," she said.

The group has held pickets and protested on issues throughout Canada and the U.S., commonly with only a small handful of people in attendance.

In 1999, the group burned a Canadian flag and protested in Ottawa following the Supreme Court ruling which ordered Ontario to include same-sex couples in the definition of spouse.

The church has also developed a reputation for not always following through on protests.

"If it's not a hoax, then they're morally deranged," said Arthur Schafer, director of the University of Manitoba's Centre for Professional and Applied Ethics.

Mitchell said he and other friends are disturbed by the church's plans.

He said he hopes members of the church don't attend the funeral for his friend who was murdered and decapitated aboard a Greyhound bus last week.

"When it comes to the (Westboro) Baptist Church, they don't even deserve to be on the same page as Tim McLean. He was too great a guy," said Mitchell.

Winnipegger Trevor Wilson heard about the church's plan to protest. He said he was appalled.

"Everyone is entitled to free speech, but it is absolutely disgusting to protest that poor man's funeral," said Wilson.

"Why this poor man? What did he ever do to warrant their hate?"
    edmontonsun.com - Canada - 'God is punishing Canada'

"The howling backwoods that is IMDB is where film criticism goes to die (and then have its corpse gang-raped, called a racist, and accused of supporting Al-Qaeda)" ----Sean O'Neal, The Onion AV Club

How on earth has no-one shot that arsehole (phelps) yet? I mean, come on people, all the people with guns in America and none have shot him? You're all slacking!

They won't get in. They were charged last time with hate speech and will need special ministerial permission to even set foot in the country. If they sneak in, they'll be thown in jail and probably spend a couple years rotting their for their previous hate speech crimes and illegal entry. I hope they try it.

^^ seriously!

Thread Information