Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Madeleine McCann's parents to be re-interviewed by police

^^ That i was thinking, too. If they did it to Madelein and the twins, they probably did it to the other kids, too.

I kinda refuse to believe that sedative theory, it's just too awful.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly Willy View Post
    Haha, effie, is really going all the way with that conspiracy theory. I love you, effie.
    Love you too,girl
    I trully hope i am wrong,the affair is stimulating for the grey cells,much like a crossword puzzle.
    I get involved in stories that i feel insult my intelligence,much like Brangelina,s crap..
    "Effie is all kinds of awesome." - Some internet moderator

^^ I know what you mean. These people have been messing with us from the beginning. I was never much interested in thsi story, because their version of the story was so unsubstantial, but now it gets shadier and shadier.

Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Why are they being allowed to leave the country now? If they are that close to being charged shouldn't they have to remain in Portugal?

^^ That's why they're in such a hurry to get out. They have not been charged yet. I guess, they'd rather sit in an English jail than in a Portuguese jail.
    -Bugdoll-

Kate McCann's uncle Brian Kennedy, who had been waiting for the family to arrive, told reporters they had a "mixture of feelings" about being at home.

"They're back to their own house after three or four of the most trying days they've probably ever been through," he said.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6985454.stm

Uuh..... wouldn't the "most trying days" include the day they found their daughter missing???

^^ The SAME thing went through my head immediatley!!!!!!!
    -Bugdoll-

Mine too..
    "Effie is all kinds of awesome." - Some internet moderator

I was a little taken aback by the most trying 3 or 4 days. I was expecting it to say 3 or 4 months.

I read that their friend's child was vomiting, not Madeleine. I have left my daughter alone when she was vomiting. She was 12. We don't know how old the child in question is. If it is a young child then I would think it is wrong.

I was upset from day 1 that they left the kids sleeping in a room while they went to dinner even so close by. That just isn't done here in the US by attentive parents. It is against the law to leave them. Then I was told by several European friends that it is perfectly acceptable in the culture. Is that true? One acquaintance just returned from living in Singapore for 18 months and said she dreaded returning to the US because she couldn't just let her kids go off on their own anymore. In Singapore it was so safe so her kids didn't need her constant attention. (Not sure why she had 5 kids if they take up so much of her precious time but that's another story.)

Lil

I can't speak for the whole of Europe as it is a large and varied place and I don't know which country your friends are from, but in the UK it certainly isn't acceptable to leave small children alone. Had the McCanns been Wayne and Waynetta Chav they'd have been roasted alive in the press on day one and the twins would probably have been in care by now.
    A big boy did it and ran away.

I don't think it's acceptable anywhere to leave your children unsupervised, but I am still in shock over the general feeling on this thread that the parents (and now, apparently their friends too) are all guilty. NO WAY would the McCanns have been allowed to go back to the UK if the Portugese police had a solid case against them.

I may be proved wrong, but at this point I think the Portugese cops were playing a game of oneupmanship on the parents who were openly critical of their ineptitude.

A*O

The parents and the media (initially) were all very critical of the inept way the Portuguese police handled the investigation, perhaps with some justification. However, the police are not going to risk getting even more egg on their faces by screwing up again so whatever those forensic tests show it must be pretty incriminating. The UK and Portugal are both members of the EU and deporting the McCanns back to face formal charges wouldn't be difficult once a case has been put together by the Portuguese public prosecutor.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

I assumed they could be brought back under EU agreements, but why risk it? Unless their passports have been confiscatedThey could easily travel somewhere else where it might not be so easy to bring them back. I mean if they are as guilty as most people think they are, why wouldn't they be a flight risk? Just a thought.

Lil

I don't think they are a flight risk. Their own media campaign has seen to that.
    Last edited by Lil; September 10th, 2007 at 06:04 AM. Reason: corrected typo
    A big boy did it and ran away.

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread Information