Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Madeleine McCann's parents to be re-interviewed by police

This is sooo crazy, but usually it's always someone in the family or someone they know. I would really hate for this to be true.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

Not surprised that it's one of the two, I'm just surprised that it's the mother. Isn't it the father that has come off wrong to everyone?
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

another update/different article

UK girl's parents considered suspects

PORTIMAO, Portugal - The parents of a British girl whose disappearance sparked a global search will be formally named as suspects, family friends said Friday, after the child's mother was questioned for 11 hours. The girl's aunt said police suggested 4-year-old Madeleine might have been killed accidentally.
    The allegations related to traces of blood found in a car rented by Kate and Gerry McCann, according to Justine McGuinness, a family spokeswoman. McGuinness said the car was rented 25 days after Madeleine vanished on May 3.
    "They believe they have evidence to show that in some way she is involved in the death of her daughter, which is completely ludicrous," McGuinness told British Broadcasting Corp. television.
    Philomena McCann, Madeleine's aunt, said police were suggesting Kate McCann might have killed her daughter accidentally.
    "They are suggesting that Kate has in some way accidentally killed Madeleine, then kept her body, then got rid of it," Philomena McCann told Sky News. She also expressed disbelief.
    The father, Gerry McCann, was also due to be questioned.
    Kate and Gerry McCann, both doctors from central England, have led an intense media campaign since Madeleine vanished from a vacation apartment May 3 in the Algarve region where she was sleeping with her 2-year-old twin siblings. The parents say they were at dinner at the time at a nearby restaurant, but were checking on the children frequently.
    The McCanns toured Europe with photos and stuffed animals of Madeleine, even meeting with Pope Benedict XVI at the Vatican. Celebrities like J.K. Rowling and David Beckham made public appeals that helped the family raise more than $2 million.
    The couple had been told they would be named as suspects, family friend and former spokesman Clarence Mitchell said.
    Under Portuguese law, the legal move grants certain protections to suspects, but allows police more latitude in questioning. Police also have to show suspects whatever evidence they might have against them.
    Kate McCann was questioned for 11 hours on Thursday at a police station in Portimao, and looked gaunt and weary when she emerged at 1 a.m. She faced a media scrum as she returned for more questioning Friday morning.
    The Press Association and other British news outlets quoted unidentified family friends as saying Kate McCann had been declared a suspect under Portuguese law.
    The couple have maintained their innocence.
    Mitchell said Kate McCann found the police questioning "grueling."
    "It's very intense, but she's remaining strong and determined to prove that they had nothing to do with their daughter's disappearance and they are innocent victims of the crime," he told The Associated Press.
    Mitchell said both McCanns had been told earlier this week that they would be named as suspects. Family spokesman David Hughes also told the AP that Kate McCann had been told she would be named as a suspect Friday.
    He said police had told her they wanted to ask 22 questions, but had not said what they were.

John McCann, Gerry's brother, said the family hoped that being named suspects would help open the investigation.
    "I think they have to tell you more as soon as you become the suspect. So in some ways, that a positive development in that my brother and Kate will get more information from the police and hopefully we'll be able to move forward to go back to the initial information about the day that Madeleine went missing," he told NBC's "Today" show.
    Police summoned Kate McCann after receiving new forensic evidence. Police spokesman Olegario Sousa said authorities have received some results from forensic tests of the apartment, but declined to elaborate on the findings.
    The tests — on specks of blood, items of clothing and other objects in the apartment — were conducted at a British laboratory.
    Mitchell said the McCanns did not know the test results.
    In recent months, the McCanns have attended meetings with the police together. Officials described those meetings as informal, saying they wanted to keep the parents informed of developments.
    The only formal suspect until now has been Robert Murat, who lives with his mother near the hotel from which the girl disappeared. He has always maintained his innocence.
    ___ Associated Press reporters Barry Hatton, Paul Haven and Jill Lawless contributed to this report.
    -Yahoo news

-------
    If it was an accident why get rid of the body??
    http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s...ley_cheers.gif
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

I think they were involved but I hate to say, this long after the crime, it may be hard to prove they did it.

Silver024 - because they could be charged with neglect since they were not actually watching her when she presumably died.

Like Sweetie said, ABOUT TIME!
    The Gen X Eurotrash Jetsetters Club:
    A place for internationally minded celebrity haterz to come together in peace and harmony

thanks Gen, I'm a little slow sometimes

What I really wanna know is why they did it, or what exactly happened to her
    http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s...ley_cheers.gif
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

I am withholding judgement until they present a lot more facts. I find it hard to believe that Maddie's blood would be found in a car they rented that long after her death. Where had they kept her body all that time that no one found it or smelled it? I also have a hard time with the theory that they sedated the kids and she vomited and choked so they started a cover up. They reported her missing as soon as they returned to the room from dinner right? If she had choked and died while they were out they would have needed time to panic, come up with a plan, dispose of her body and so on. I don't know that they are innocent but I fear that police may be barking up the wrong tree in an attempt to finally close this out since they have screwed up the entire investigation so far.

I realise that everyone suspects the parents but what if the dingo did do it?

For some reason I kind of always suspected the friend of theirs that volunteered to go check on the kids but said he didn't go inside he just listened at the door. That struck me as odd.

Wow! It's all go

Just admit it pleaseeeeeee

What about the hubby????

Police tell Maddy's mother: Confess and you'll only get two years in jail

•Kate McCann leaves police station after being quizzed by police for five hours - just minutes after husband Gerry arrives to be interviewed

•Cheers and jeers as Kate McCann arrives at the police station

•Kate formally named as official suspect

•Madeleine's aunt says police are suggesting Kate accidentally killed the little girl

THE POLICE "offered to do a deal" with Kate McCann during questioning today "if she confessed to accidentally killing Madeleine".
    At the same time the 39-year-old was named as official suspect in the disappearance of her daughter Madeleine by Portuguese police.
    The "arguida" status came at the end of another five hours questioning today, the second round of grilling for the mother of three.
    Yesterday she was at the Policia Judiciaria - Portugal's CID - in Portimao for 11 hours.

Madeleine's aunt, Philomena McCann, says today the police "offered to do a deal if she confessed to accidentally killing Madeleine".

She said: "They tried to get her to confess to having accidentally killed Madeleine by offering her a deal through her lawyer - 'if you say you killed Madeleine by accident and then hid her and disposed of the body, then we can guarantee you a two-year jail sentence or even less'".

The latest questions around Madeleine's disappearance have been prompted by claims that police found the toddler's blood in a hire car the family leased 25 days after she went missing.

Friends and family say the mother of three is living in fear that she will be charged.

Mrs McCann is "horrified" by developments and has told police there was "no way" Madeleine's blood could have been found inside the car.

Among the questions detectives put to her was a clear suggestion that she was responsible for Madeleine's death, a family spokesman said.

"She is upset but bearing up and frustrated that all this attention has been paid to this rather than trying to find Madeleine.

"She is confident in that she obviously thinks the whole suggestion is ridiculous," the spokesman added.

Mrs McCann was driven back to Praia da Luz - where Madeleine went missing on May 3 from the family's holiday apartment - as her husband's questioning began.

He is still being treated as a witness in the case rather than an arguido, the spokesman said.

Mr McCann's alleged role is not clear, but sources said police believe he was an accessory to the killing.

Earlier Philomena McCann said: "They are suggesting that Kate has in some way accidentally killed Madeleine, then kept her body, then got rid of it.

"For some unknown reason there's something about a sniffer dog sniffing Kate.

"Suddenly a dog can talk and says she smelled a death.

"How can that be when a British sniffer dog came out months after Madeleine's case."
    Scroll down for more...
    Ordeal: Kate McCann leaves the police station today after five hours of questioning

Grilling: Gerry arrives for questioning at the police station this afternoon

Read more...

The couple had been planning to return home to Leicestershire with their two-year-old twins, Sean and Amelie, as early as Sunday.

Mrs McCann had been greeted by cheers - as well as jeers - by locals as she arrived at the station for the second time in less than 24 hours.

A family friend said: "They are treating Kate as if she is involved in some way in the death of her daughter. She is amazed and horrified that she has been named an arguida.

"She is shocked and surprised in several ways - first of all, that such an accusation could be made against her. "And obviously she is concerned that such a line of investigation can become a distraction from further attempts to find Madeleine."

Police tell Maddy's mother: Confess and you'll only get two years in jail | the Daily Mail

Only 2 years Even if it was an accident. If she knew and covered it up and put on this whole charade she should get more than 2 yrs.

Weird deal huh! Talk about wanting to shut this case

Lil

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    So they sedated the kids so they could go and have dinner. Maddie vomitted/choked or similar and died. They return to the apartment, find Maddy dead and try CPR anyway but fail. Oh shit. They can't call an ambulance because an autopsy would reveal the drugs in her system. So they quietly dispose of her body and start the abduction charade.
    That's quite a compelling scenario. They were both doctors, they thought they knew what they were doing, they'd probably done it lots of times before. But something went wrong this time.

But if that's true, why would they would make sooooo much of a big deal over the 'search', rather than just letting it go quiet ASAP? Classic case of protesting too much, I suppose.
    A big boy did it and ran away.

Quote Originally Posted by nwgirl View Post
    Not surprised that it's one of the two, I'm just surprised that it's the mother. Isn't it the father that has come off wrong to everyone?
    I think they're focusing on the mother to get her to crack. In the event her husband did do it, she will admit it while defending herself. I may have watched too many Law and Orders though, so don't take my word for it!

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread Information