Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Madeleine McCann's parents to be re-interviewed by police

Default Why did Madeleine’s sister and brother sleep through her “abduction”?

The kid's will sleep through anything when they are sedated. I bet they wake up to everything now...like most kids do
    The most important single ingredient in the formula of success is knowing how to get along with people.
    Theodore Roosevelt

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Honey View Post
    Er...we don't drive on the "wrong" side of the road

Or were you kidding?
    kidding

Madeleine McCann: the new allegations

The daily slew of allegations surrounding the disappearance of Madeleine McCann refuses to die down. Here the latest claims are examined:
    CLAIM: Portuguese police have requested the help of British officers to look into Gerry and Kate McCann's psychological and mental backgrounds.
    Detectives are said to want to study Mrs McCann's confidential medical records after reading her personal diary, in which she allegedly described her children as "hysterical".

It is claimed investigators are looking for possible signs of depression.
    Detectives allegedly also want to examine whether there might be something in the couple's history that could show that Madeleine might suffer an allergic reaction to sedatives.
    UK sources said Leicestershire police had been asked to look into the history of the couple.
    But friends of the couple insisted they were nothing more than caring parents who would never sedate their children.

CLAIM: The McCanns have been monitored by satellite since May 3, the night Madeleine went missing.
    Every move that the couple and their friends have taken has allegedly been observed using telephone triangulation.
    UK sources have conceded that the McCanns have been under surveillance, with phones and emails tracked, but it is not known how detailed the monitoring has been.
    CLAIM: There may have been links between Robert Murat and the McCanns.
    Police are said to be re-examining the possibility of any relationship between 33-year-old Mr Murat, the only other formal suspect in the case, and the McCanns.
    It is alleged that Mr Murat met Mr McCann in Leicester during a Labour rally some time before the McCanns went on holiday.
    There are also claims that Mr Murat was in Exeter - the home town of one of the McCanns' friends, Russell O'Brien - visiting his sister shortly before the McCanns flew to Portugal.
    None of these alleged links has been substantiated and Mr Murat has always denied any involvement in her disappearance.

Madeleine McCann: the new allegations - Telegraph

Christ, my head is spinning. I don't know what to believe anymore.

Since Madeleine’s abduction on 3 May there had been 1200 reports of missing young people in the UK

And that was only in the first 3 weeks!

Hit By Ban Bus!

Honey that is awful. Just awful. Doesn't it seem like child trafficking? That's a huge number.

^ yeah i think i would prbably kill myself if my child was ever taken and/or killed in any way, i cant even imagine that type or extent of pain

Elite Member

If my child went missing I would go crazy thinking of the ways they could be suffering. I know a guy who used to be an FBI agent who profiled child predators, and most children that are taken are sold to pedophiles or used as prostitutes.

thats fucking terrible and disgusting i might add.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    I'm not basing my suspicions on their demeanour - I'm more interested in the DNA evidence and the inconsistencies in their story and I am highly sceptical about the millions they have raised ostensibly to magically help them 'find Maddy'. I truly hope they are indeed totally innocent, but I firmly believe there's no smoke without fire and there's a LOT of smoke now.
    I am with you on this...I'd like to think they are innocent, but I simply don't believe they had nothing to do with her disappearance.

fgg

Madeleine McCann Investigation: 'Best Opportunity' Yet to Find Missing Girl, Says Detective Leading Review

Investigators still searching for Madeleine McCann, the British toddler who went missing from a Portuguese holiday rental home five years ago this week, say they believe the girl is still alive and they now have the "best opportunity" yet to solve the case.

McCann was 3 years old when she vanished on vacation with her parents Kate and Gerry McCann and twin siblings in the Algarve region of Portugal. The girl's parents say they found Madeleine missing after having left the children in the home unsupervised while having dinner less than 500 feet away.

"[We are] seeking to bring closure to the case," Detective Chief Inspector Andy Redwood told the BBC. Detectives for the first time since the investigation into McCann's disappearance, dubbed Operation Grange by U.K. police, say that as a result of evidence uncovered during their latest review they now believe there is a possibility Madeleine is still alive and are appealing for direct information as to her whereabouts.

Police didn't specify what clues led them to believe the girl may still be still alive.

"I am satisfied that the systems and processes that we are bringing to this set of circumstances will give us the best opportunity to find those investigative opportunities that we can then present to our colleagues in Portugal," Redwood said.

Investigators released an age progression image of Maddy as her ninth birthday approaches on May 12.The image was created in close collaboration with the family, according to a statement from the U.K.'s Metropolitan police.

British police today called on Portugal to reopen the case, saying they have close to 200 leads that could help find the missing girl alive. But in Portugal there is much less support for reopening the investigation, and the McCann's own Portuguese lawyer says it is hard to find people who sympathize with the couple.

"Everyone believes I am defending a father and mother that killed the daughter and got rid of the corpse," the McCann's Portuguese lawyer Isabel Duarte said.

With 28 detectives and seven civilian support staff, the Operation Grange team is handling the massive trove of reports and documents on the case. Hundreds of reported sightings of Maddy have come in since she disappeared, but they have all led nowhere.

"Our initial estimates in terms of the amount of material we are facing is that it will be somewhere in the region of 40,000 pieces of information," Redwood said. "There is, ultimately, a process of us turning every single piece of paper over and interpreting and analyzing what is contained within them."

After Maddy's reported disappearance on May 3, 2007, the Polícia Judiciária, the Portuguese investigative police, initially decided that the girl had been abducted, but soon stated that they hypothesized that she died in the rented house.

An Algarve resident named Robert Murat was named a suspect on May 17, 2007. In September of 2007 Kate and Gerry McCann were also named as suspects in the mystery surrounding what happened to their daughter, but they were cleared, along with Murat, in July of 2008.

Intense international attention has been drawn to the case, primarily because of the actions of the McCanns at the time and their subsequent use of the media to bring focus on the case. Investigators in Portugal have been criticized for their slow response and delay in their analysis of forensic evidence.

British Prime Minister David Cameron established a new inquiry into Maddy's disappearance last May after Kate and Gerry McCann pled for a U.K. police review of the case. To date the investigation has cost U.K. taxpayers an estimated cost $3.2 million.

"It's taken pressure off us I have to say, knowing the police are actually reviewing everything. It's a huge step for us," Gerry McCann told the BBC.

Madeleine McCann Investigation: 'Best Opportunity' Yet to Find Missing Girl, Says Detective Leading Review - Yahoo!
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

While you're at it, locate Jimmy Hoffa and Natalee Holloway. There's likely as much chance of doing those as well.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

The Today Show started off this morning saying that Madeline might be alive.....WHATEVER.

Not to be a total insensitive cunt, but I'll believe it when I see it.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

""Everyone believes I am defending a father and mother that killed the daughter and got rid of the corpse," the McCann's Portuguese lawyer Isabel Duarte said. "

Well D'uh!
    Free Charmed.

Thread Information