Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Madeleine McCann's parents to be re-interviewed by police

Quote Originally Posted by Honey View Post
    What is she going to have written?

May 3rd- Accidently killed daughter after a lovely meal

May 4th - Went shopping and tanning.

Τhey were living in a rented villa.
    They were not watched as suspects,the police was assisting them.not running after them.
    I dont want them to be guilty,but i cant believe they are innocent either.
    Bottom line they exposed their kids to danger,and that only makes them responsible for the little girl,s death.
    Playing heartbroken couple,perfectly groomed all the while,cuts no ice with me.
    "Effie is all kinds of awesome." - Some internet moderator

Kate McCann shows the strain as she faces the media

Last updated at 13:13pm on 12th September 2007
    Comments
    Despite all the speculation about their involvement in the disappearance of daughter Madeleine, Kate and Gerry McCann faced the press this morning as they left home with their children.

The McCanns left their home in Rothley, Leicestershire, earlier today for a short trip to a nearby park. scroll down for more

Kate McCann pictured in the back of the family car with the twins as the family headed out

Gerry McCann drove the family's turquoise Volkswagen people carrier while his wife sat in the middle seat in the back, in between the twins.
    The family's spokesman, David Hughes, was in the front passenger seat.
    Earlier he told the press: "They are taking the children to a play area for about an hour."
    He said that neither he nor the McCanns would not be commenting on the case.
    The twins looked excited as they were driven out of the cul-de-sac. scroll down for more

The McCanns left their home in Rothley, Leicestershire, earlier today for a short trip to a nearby park

Just after 8.30am this morning Mrs McCann's uncle, Brian Kennedy, arrived at the McCann's home in his black car, looking tired.
    After about half an hour, he battled his way through the cameras and left.
    Earlier, a post worker arrived with a box of mail for the McCanns, which was taken into the house by a police officer.
    Robert Murat, the only other official suspect, has also been spotted for the first time since news of the McCanns becoming suspects was announced.
    Gerry McCann has insisted that he and his wife Kate are "100 per cent confident" of each other's innocence.
    It was the first time he had acknowledged some Portuguese reports claiming that Madeleine's mother accidentally killed their child and her husband helped cover up the dreadful accident.
    In an emotionally-charged entry on his internet blog, he insisted: "Kate and I are totally 100 per cent confident in each other's innocence and our family and friends have rallied round unflinchingly to support us."
    He also spoke of the "unending nightmare" confronting his family, writing: "The pain and turmoil we have experienced in this last week is totally beyond description.
    "We could never possibly have imagined being put in this unbearable situation." Mr McCann has often used the official Find Madeleine website to hit back at criticism and the couple are under renewed pressure following fresh claims of DNA evidence.

__________________________________________________ _

I don't deny she's under strain but I don't see it in the photo, that's for sure. She looks less strained than other mums I see with 2 toddlers in the car.

Kate McCann shows the strain as she faces the media | the Daily Mail

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

^ whats wrong with their car?! The steering wheel's on the wrong side!

They drive on the wrong side of the road too.
    You could easily get killed by cars there.
    In central London there is Signs written on the road sayin<look right> or <look left>saved my life twice..then you learn

Quote Originally Posted by effie2 View Post
    Τhey were living in a rented villa.
    They were not watched as suspects,the police was assisting them.not running after them.
    I dont want them to be guilty,but i cant believe they are innocent either.
    Bottom line they exposed their kids to danger,and that only makes them responsible for the little girl,s death.
    Playing heartbroken couple,perfectly groomed all the while,cuts no ice with me.
    There was a famous case in Australia -- a movie was made out of it, Cry in the Dark (aka Evil Angels) with Meryl Streep -- where a woman was convicted of killing her child, primarily because she didn't cry, fall apart the way people thought she should have. She was composed, almost unnaturally so, but she wasn't guilty. A dingo really did steal Lindy Chamberlain's baby and her conviction was overturned on appeal. Everybody reacts differently to grief/trauma. Saying a person must be guilty because they don't react the way you or I would, is dangerous at best.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I'm on the fence here. If she did do it, she's very well-composed, but that's how "people like her" often react. She may well be very numb and not able to connect with feelings if guilty. Also, there is the day-to-day reality of dealing with two little ones, which can keep one focused in the present rather than on the trauma.

Unfortunately, unlike the dingo case I think there is the possibility she and their friends know something they're not telling. Whether she's guilty or not.

What,s a dingo?????Wild dog or i am very wrong???????

^^Yep, a wild Australian dog.

There is obviously more to this case than meets the eye -- there always is -- and I am not ruling out the possibility of parental involvement on some level. But I need more evidence than what has been presented publicly before I "convict" them.

I know PB,like i said before,i really dont want them to be guilty of anything more than what they already did,let their kids open to any danger,they have to live with that anyway..
    I just got the feeling from day one something is fishy here,and the way they handled it made me more suspisious ,that is all.
    And i love dedective stories..Agatha Cristie is my favorite.

A*O

They are both doctors. They are trained to deal with stress, trauma and death and have the means to self-medicate if necessary. It might explain their apparent total lack of obvious distress, even in the immediate aftermathof Maddy's disappearance. They always appear to be completely
    'zoned out'.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Doctors also become hardwired in medical school to be very stoic in the face of crisis, tragedy, and death. This is why I'm not particularly surprised by how cool and collected they seem.

So their demeanour proves nothing, as I said all along.

A*O

I'm not basing my suspicions on their demeanour - I'm more interested in the DNA evidence and the inconsistencies in their story and I am highly sceptical about the millions they have raised ostensibly to magically help them 'find Maddy'. I truly hope they are indeed totally innocent, but I firmly believe there's no smoke without fire and there's a LOT of smoke now.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Er...we don't drive on the "wrong" side of the road

Or were you kidding?

Thread Information