Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Madeleine McCann's parents to be re-interviewed by police

I agree Lil, it's hard to comprehend. HOW??

Theoretically the body could have been in a fridge or freezer. Perhaps this was done with the assistance of one of the friends. According to news reports, they were watched around the clock for three solid weeks by the police and the car was rented just after the surveillance period was over. Just speculation.

I thought that this was rather interesting: Madeleine McCann: Confusion over last hours - Telegraph It's a timeline of that afternoon and evening.

And then I came across pictures:
    Madeleine McCann's Abduction: Some pictures from Praia da Luz - Crime Scene
    In pictures, the 120 metre route to check on Madeleine | the Daily Mail
    http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/image..._resort416.jpg
    http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/image...ort416x440.gif
    http://www.observationdeck.org/lip/w...dm_800x651.jpg

It helps put all the descriptions of the location into context.

"The howling backwoods that is IMDB is where film criticism goes to die (and then have its corpse gang-raped, called a racist, and accused of supporting Al-Qaeda)" ----Sean O'Neal, The Onion AV Club

I also read somewhere that they rented this car for one day--the day before they went to The Vatican, and everyone wondered why they needed to rent a car, they had been basically driven around by the police and others and didn't need it to get to the airport. What was the need for the car?? And what the hell, 25 days after her disappearance they find her DNA in that car?

Its all so bizarre.

Thanks for the links Twitchy. It looks a fair way from the tapas bar to the apartment!

It is a fair way. About 150 meters as the crow flies and 200 or so when you take into account walking around the pool and landscaping. Their apartment is NOT visible from the bar as it was on the bottom of the building and behind a wall. Now that I've seen what kind of shutters they were talking about, I don't know how those could have been opened from the outside.

"The howling backwoods that is IMDB is where film criticism goes to die (and then have its corpse gang-raped, called a racist, and accused of supporting Al-Qaeda)" ----Sean O'Neal, The Onion AV Club

They always said it was like being in the garden with the kids in the house! Hmmm

So shady!

Wow. I always had it in my mind that they were right there. I mean, like right next to the building or something. But that bar was pretty far away and the back of their room was feet from two streets. And you can't even see the room because of that wall.

What the hell were they thinking leaving their kids alone that far away? Seeing those pictures just infuriates me.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

its a nice looking resort.

That is quite a distance away from the children. Itís so strange that from the whole group not one of them thought to bring along a babysitter or nanny. They sound like they would have the means to pay for the extra person. Not one thought of taking turns watching the children for the evening? This is all very strange indeed.
    Scariest Halloween mask ever > > >

Finally, they're telling a bit more about the forensic evidence. Three weeks after Madeleine went missing, when the rental car was in use, would have been late May/Early June, I believe. Didn't she go missing on May 3 or something like that? And blood evidence has just now been found in that particular rental car? Who else has had access to it? I sincerely believe that this blood evidence would be thrown out in a court of law, right or wrong. It was a communal car, the DNA is a 90 percent match (much less than the 100% originally reported), and we have no idea whether the police followed due process in its handling. The prosecutor has alot to think about, because without the DNA evidence, there really is no case. It will be interesting to see what happens with this.

Personally, its not outside the realm of possibility that they did this, but I really am still holding out for more facts. Where would her body have been found that wouldn't have been searched? Where were they staying while they were in Portugal after her disappearance, the same resort? How would out-of-towners know where to conveniently hide a body for three weeks while being constantly watched? This whole thing is too bizarre.

Its hard to discount blood evidence, but its not outside the realm of possibility that it was either a) contaminated, or b) planted. I sincerely don't know. All I know is that blood evidence that is found so long after the fact in a communal car is not the best thing to base a case around.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

^^We're just voices in the wilderness, January. She's been gone for too long without finding her, dead or alive, and now people want someone to pay.

I agree that the evidence is shaky at best, but it sure does take the heat off the Portugese cops, doesn't it? Now everybody is talking about the McCann's trial -- and they haven't even been charged with anything yet! And Madeleine and/or her abductor/killer could still be out there.

Madeleine: Police seek special powers to seize Kate's diary

Portuguese prosecutors have made an urgent application to seize Kate McCann's diary.

Sources close to the investigation say Mrs McCann's private diary may hold the key to the investigation into the disappearance of her daughter Madeleine.

The source said: "Police want to seize Kate's diary to see if it can reveal what really happened on the night."

Madeleine: Police seek special powers to seize Kate's diary | the Daily Mail

What is she going to have written?

May 3rd- Accidently killed daughter after a lovely meal

Hit By Ban Bus!

I find it hard,very hard to believe either of the McCann's had anything todo with maddies death..Its all to much....after all this time one of them would have cracked by now....surley.

Interesting and bizarre story.

Thread Information