Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Madeleine McCann's parents to be re-interviewed by police

I think the person they really need to be questioning is the friend who claims that he went to check on the children but only listened at the door. Why wouldn't he go in? If I was going to check on a small child and heard total silence, I would be even more likely to go in and make sure that the child was, in fact, still in the room. It's very fishy.

I think that he was either directly involved or just knows a lot more than he's letting on.

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy View Post
    I find myself struck by Kate's hair streaks and tan. She's been spending quite a bit of time on her appearance.
    Yes, it's interesting how someone could sit getting their highlights done while their child is God knows where. The father has always struck me as the one being the most "off," but the mother is certainly climbing the list.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

OMG I was thinking about the Susan Smith thing too.

More and more is coming out,i did a scan of UK papers and the mother is said to be hysterical,a woman living upstairs their app stated that MCaan woman slapped her daughter and she heard the child scream and cry for her dad who was playing tennis or sunning by the pool at the time.
    Also they plan to use fund money for paying Pinoshet,s lawyer..
    He is the one who kept the old man from getting what he deserved.
    Smart choise,,
    Bottom line,no one believes the child is alive...
    The police is looking for her BODY,so sad..
    "Effie is all kinds of awesome." - Some internet moderator

Hit By Ban Bus!

PINOCHET's lawyer??? See my most recent post above. Now we're getting at the meaty stuff.

I am reminded more of the JonBenet Ramsey case than the Susan Smith one. Both involve a cute little girl from a prominent family who turns up missing/dead. In both cases, the parents have a tight knit circle of suspicious friends who seem to know more than they are letting on. Both sets of parents were out boozing with their friends prior to the crime and are unable to give a clear description of the events of that evening. Both mothers are rumored to have had short tempers with the girls at times and are very well-groomed and attractive. In both cases, the police completely bungled the investigation and allowed the crime scene to become contaminated. The parents are the primary suspects. Many, many similarities.

Hit By Ban Bus!

^Yep.

You could do a toxicology test on the hair. And I agree about the hair highlights. If my child were missing I doubt I'd have the will to shower let alone go to the salon.

Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post
    I think the person they really need to be questioning is the friend who claims that he went to check on the children but only listened at the door. Why wouldn't he go in? If I was going to check on a small child and heard total silence, I would be even more likely to go in and make sure that the child was, in fact, still in the room. It's very fishy.

I think that he was either directly involved or just knows a lot more than he's letting on.
    I thought the same thing about the friend.

All friends must be involved somehow,they are not only protecting the parents,but themselves too.
    The police bugged their mobiles and emails,that put the police in the right track,gave them evidence enough to go on.
    Do not forget the parents status and nationality,it is a great factor.
    Even now,lots of papers and Tv stations are stupidly supportive.
    Maybe they want to milk the public until the truth comes out..
    "Effie is all kinds of awesome." - Some internet moderator

Kate and Gerry McCann face being stopped from paying their mounting legal bills out of the £1 million of public donations to the campaign to find their missing daughter.

As the couple engaged two of Britain’s top criminal lawyers and a leading Portuguese lawyer, the trustees of Madeleine’s Fund were still considering whether the fund could pay for their legal bills in Portugal and London after they were made official suspects in their daughter disappearance.

The trustees are understood to fear a possible backlash from some people who made donations as well as possible legal challenges to the use of the fund for such a controversial purpose.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle2426647.ece

McCanns may use Madeleine fund for defence

Madeleine McCann's parents want to use the £1 million fund donated by the public to help pay for their defence.
    Full coverage: The search for Madeleine McCann The six directors controlling Madeleine's Fund will meet within the next 24 hours to discuss whether to release the money if the McCanns are charged.

The move could anger many donors who handed over money believing it would be used solely to help find the missing four-year-old.
    If it is decided not to use the cash, the McCanns face financial ruin.
    They are thought to earn around £120,000 a year but have not worked since May.
    Mr McCann, a cardiologist, has been on unpaid leave and Mrs McCann has given up her role as a GP.
    With no income and facing huge legal bills for a fight that could last several years, the couple will have to find the money from other donors, their family or through drastic measures like selling their house.
    They are keen for the money to be released after hiring a senior legal team including Michael Caplin QC, who has represented a string of high-profile clients such as General Augusto Pinochet.
    One director, Esther McVey, a former television presenter, said: "At the moment none of the fund has been used to pay for the defence case. But we are convening a meeting to decide if it can be used.
    "When the fund was set up, one of its stated aims was to provide financial support for Madeleine's family as they searched for her.
    "We are uncertain if the use of the money to pay for lawyers in these unexpected circumstances would be in the spirit of that aim. We will be taking advice from a barrister."
    Miss McVey, 39, a friend of Mrs McCann's since their student days, refused to comment on whether people had begun asking for their money back after the McCanns were named as formal suspects.
    Because the fund is a private business and not a registered charity, the money is not ring-fenced for a particular purpose and there is little to stop the McCanns using the money for legal fees.
    The Charity Commission ruled that the fund could not be registered because its aims were not broad enough. Instead, Madeleine’s Fund: Leaving No Stone Unturned Ltd, was set up as a company. It means that the McCanns only have to get the directors' consent to access the cash.
    As well as Miss McVey, the board includes Doug Skehan, 54, a clinical director of cardiology at Glenfield Hospital in Leicester and colleague of Mr McCann, Peter Hubner, 64, a retired consultant and Philip Tomlinson, 76, a lawyer, both of whom are friends.
    John McCann, 48, Mr McCann's brother, and Mr Kennedy are also directors but Miss McVey said they would not be able to vote because they are family members.

Ooo Moog we posted at same time

Forgot to link McCanns may use Madeleine fund for defence - Telegraph

Lil

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoog View Post
    Police in Portugal now believe Mrs McCann killed Madeleine and her husband helped cover up the crime, hiding the body temporarily before disposing of it at least 25 days later using the hire car.

Large amount of Madeleine's hair 'found in boot of parents' hire car' | the Daily Mail
    This is the bit I have trouble with. Firstly, I can't work out how they could have stored a body undetected for almost a month in the Portugese heat, and secondly, I can't see how they could have managed to dispose of one discreetly in the media furore that was in full effect by day 25. If they did do it, I would be more convinced if there was a suggestion that the body was long gone before the police were even called.
    A big boy did it and ran away.

Quote Originally Posted by Honey View Post
    Ooo Moog we posted at same time
    Hi Honey!

Hello!

Yes, the storing of the body and then getting rid of it bother me too. They were watched so constantly since she went missing. Where the heck would they put her if they did it?

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread Information