Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Madeleine McCann's death 'covered up by parents who faked kidnap', court hears

They are perpetuating the 'she's alive' thing, when that poor kid is dead & has been for years (IMO).
    chartreuse likes this.
    Free Charmed.

But how could they have the fundraisers and pay their bills if they go home quietly? Didn't they both stop working and used donated funds for their living expenses in the aftermath?
    Kittylady likes this.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Yup plus some of the family - a brother I think. Maybe that's another reason why Branny excused himself from their company ASAP.
    Free Charmed.

I've always thought the parents killed her, and made up the kidnap story. Who leaves super-young children alone in a hotel room?

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    How could they smuggle anyone out of one country ino any other? No passport, no papers? Even private jets get checked.
    Erm no they don't not in Europe with the free movement of people. Plus I know of things collected from the UK & flown to various Arab states that went & arrived freely.
    Quote Originally Posted by rockchick View Post
    I've always thought the parents killed her, and made up the kidnap story. Who leaves super-young children alone in a hotel room?
    Kate & Gerry MacCann & their friends apparently.
    Free Charmed.

Seriously, who does that? I have four young kids, my oldest is 7 and I couldn't fathom leaving him alone. Even if he was asleep. Little kids wake up from time to time at night. That poor little girl. I wish her parents would just come clean on what happened.

A*O

I stand by my pet theory. The parents (both docs and mom an anaesthetist at that) sedated the kids before going out, no doubt to save a few bucks on a babysitter. Maddy either ODd or had a bad reaction, choked on vomit, etc and was dead when the parents returned. Any autopsy would have revealed the drugs in Maddy's system and the parents would have been in deep shit so they cooked up the abduction story, hid the body and then disposed of it properly once the cops finished their shambolic investigation. They have no choice but to play along with the "let's find Maddy" charade.

If that's what happened then an inquest would probably return a verdict of Misadventure (they didnt mean to kill her) but their deliberate coverup could tip it towards Manslaughter.
    Last edited by A*O; June 15th, 2013 at 06:16 PM.
    Novice, KrisNine, effie2 and 2 others like this.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

There is so many contradictions about all of this and here are just two...
    59. How do the McCanns account for the person who lived above their apartment, Mrs Pamela Fenn, stating that she heard Madeleine continuously crying: ‘Daddy, Daddy’ for 75 minutes between 10.30pm and 11.45pm on Tuesday 1 May?

60. In the journey out to Praia da Luz, Dr Gerald McCann was filmed on the airport ’bus sitting moodily in a corner. When Dr David Payne spoke to him and said: “Cheer up Gerry, you’re on holiday”, Dr McCann can be clearly heard on the video to reply: “I’m not here to enjoy myself”. What did he mean by that answer?

Mccannfiles.com
    Free Charmed.

A*O

I will never forget their whole "affect" immediately afterwards was just totally Off. I know people react to shock and grief in different ways but these two were strangely cold and lacked any obvious emotion. If my child had been abducted in the circumstances they claim I would have been utterly distraught. I remember the dreadful panic and fear I felt when my son went "missing" at the mall (the little bugger had snuck off to the Noiseland arcade). I was a mess.

I also dislike the way they launched high profile fund raising to "help find Maddy" without explaining exactly how hundreds (?) of thousands of pounds would help except to pay their mortgage and several wild goose chases after Maddy was "sighted".
    effie2 and chartreuse like this.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Gold Member

I can't believe it's been 5 years.

I was only vaguely aware that they had found child hair & DNA in the boot of the hire car, hasn't really realised that it was in the tyre-well and that it consisted of blood & hair; I heard about the cadeavor dogs but the extent of their findings was dramatic to me - I'll see if I can find it.
    Free Charmed.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    I was only vaguely aware that they had found child hair & DNA in the boot of the hire car, hasn't really realised that it was in the tyre-well and that it consisted of blood & hair; I heard about the cadeavor dogs but the extent of their findings was dramatic to me - I'll see if I can find it.
    I hope you can. The trunk evidence in the rental is what sealed the parents as perps, for me. The trunk hasn't been mentioned in years, so I figured it wasn't valid or bad journalism.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

From what I can see in the Wiki entry (Disappearance of Madeleine McCann - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia), the Portuguese police confronted Kate McCann and told her they had found blood evidence in the car that the McCann's had rented later (and which was theorized by Portuguese police to have been used to remove her body). However, Kate McCann insisted there was no way that could be the truth, and as far as I can tell the police never backed up their claim.

The other DNA evidence in the car seemed to be LCN DNA, which was not considered enough DNA by British detectives and forensic scientists who were accompanying the investigation to be a conclusive match with Madeleine McCann. They said, "Therefore, we cannot answer the question: Is the match genuine, or is it a chance match."

No part of the problem was that they had to go back to the UK for a DNA swab for Maddy - which I fine suspicious in itself - no hair brush or tooth brush? She's only just disappeared...
    Don't forget that wiki is highly sanitised by their PR team.
    The alerts to human corpse scent and blood - by the two British cadaver dogs

98. Does Dr Gerald McCann still stand by his claim that the evidence of the cadaver dogs is ‘notoriously unreliable’?

99. Dr Gerald McCann told the media that the cadaver dogs, in the case of the murder of Eugene Zapata’s wife, had been described by the judge, Patrick Fielder, as ‘unreliable’. Dr McCann on another occasion described the dogs’ alerts to cadaver odour as ‘incredibly unreliable’. Do the McCanns still stand by that statement, now that they know that Eugene Zapata eventually pleaded guilty to her murder, after discoveries wholly consistent with the dogs’ alerts (and admissions by Zapata) proved that the dogs’ alerts had been 100% correct in that case?

100. As you may be aware, on British police advice, the Portuguese Police asked top dog handler Martin Grime to bring his springer spaniels, Eddie and Keela, to Praia da Luz. Eddie is trained to detect the scent of human corpses; Keela is trained to detect the presence of human blood. Eddie had never given a false alert in around 200 previous outings. He alerted to the odour of a human corpse in these locations: four different places in the McCanns’ apartment, two of Dr Kate McCann’s clothes, one of their children’s T-shirts, on the pink soft toy, ‘Cuddle Cat’, and in two places in the Renault Scenic that the McCanns hired. Eddie did not alert to a corpse scent anywhere else in Praia da Luz. Keela detected blood at some of these places. How do the McCanns best explain the ‘alerts’ of these two highly trained springer spaniels? (In 2008, Portuguese TV interviewer Sandra Felgueira asked Dr Gerald McCann: “How can you explain the scent of cadaver found by the British dogs?” Dr McCann answered, and we quote verbatim: “Ask the dogs, Sandra”).

101. When the dogs’ alerts became public, one of the McCanns’ very close relatives said that the McCanns said that the ‘smell of death’ may have been found on Dr Kate McCann’s clothes because she was said to have been ‘close to six corpses’ in her last two weeks at work. Can the McCanns substantiate that claim?

102. It was also suggested that the ‘smell of death’ may have been found on Madeleine’s soft toy ‘Cuddle Cat’ because she ‘sometimes took Cuddle Cat to work’. Can the McCanns substantiate that, and, if so, can they explain how the smell of death could be deposited on a soft toy?

103. At one time, the McCanns suggested that if Madeleine’s DNA were to be found in blood found at the flat, this might have come about from Madeleine ‘grazing her leg’ or suffering a nosebleed. Can this explain why a quantity of blood [or bodily fluid] was found where the wall joins the floor underneath the window in the apartment living-room?

104. If there was in fact none of Madeleine’s DNA in either the McCanns’ apartment or in the tyre-well of the hired car, why did the McCanns publicly state that they feared that either the police, or the abductor, had planted DNA evidence in these places?

105. And from where could the Portuguese police get samples of Madeleine’s DNA to plant, if they couldn’t find any of Madeleine’s DNA in the McCanns’ apartment?

106. When the McCanns moved from their Ocean Club apartment to a villa in Praia da Luz, a neighbour saw their Renault Scenic car boot left open all night long for weeks. A relative of the McCanns, Michael Wright, admitted to police that this was because of a ‘horrible smell’ in the car. Did the McCanns ever locate the source of that smell, and why did it take so long to dissipate?

107. What was the reason that Dr Kate McCann washed the pink soft toy, ‘Cuddle Cat’, before the sniffer dogs arrived in Portugal?

108. In August and September 2007, the McCanns and members of their family gave a number of reasons for why the springer spaniels might have detected cadaver odour and blood in the McCanns’ apartment and on some of their clothes. These included: transporting rotting meat or dirty nappies in the boot, and even mosquitoes flying into the wall and killing themselves, to explain the presence of blood on the walls - besides the other explanations we’ve just referred to. Did the McCanns at that time therefore effectively concede that the dogs were correct in having detected the ‘smell of death’ of a human being?
    Free Charmed.

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    I will never forget their whole "affect" immediately afterwards was just totally Off. I know people react to shock and grief in different ways but these two were strangely cold and lacked any obvious emotion. If my child had been abducted in the circumstances they claim I would have been utterly distraught. I remember the dreadful panic and fear I felt when my son went "missing" at the mall (the little bugger had snuck off to the Noiseland arcade). I was a mess.
    This and flimsy (and later proved to be incorrect) forensic evidence is what convicted Lindy Chamberlain. I'm not saying the McCanns are innocent, just that I'm cautious of accusing anyone based on "if that was me I would have..." because nobody believed Lindy could be so practical and "emotionless" after losing her baby when she was just a down to earth woman who didn't see the point in being hysterical and it landed her in prison for years.
    olivia likes this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread Information