Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Madeleine McCann's death 'covered up by parents who faked kidnap', court hears

And somewhere, he is still out there. Obviously,this wasn't his first kill. You have to wonder about those missing children that never have been found.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

^^^^Too horrible to contemplate, McJag. Do you ever have nightmares about it??

With the JonBenet case, it was also proven that 38 known sex offenders were living within a two mile radius of the Ramsey home on the night of her murder.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Jesus, McJag, taht's a horrible story.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

McJag's story kind of reminds me of Polly Klaas' abduction. Richard Allen Davis grabbed Klaas out of a room that was also occupied by two other girls. Unbelievably brazen.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiseguy View Post
    ^^^^Too horrible to contemplate, McJag. Do you ever have nightmares about it??
    Never. We do not tramatize easily! Besides, my sister & I slept right through it. Even the scream. Knowing Mother,it was a ladylike scream! When she finally got the nerve to tell us about it, we set right to work making Sherlock Holmes spy glasses and hats out of construction paper and diligently searching for clues and fingerprints. I remember heated debates about the color of the spy glass, as my sister insisted on dark pink. We had not a clue what that man could have done. We thought he was a burglar (me) or a bank robber (her).
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    Never. We do not tramatize easily! Besides, my sister & I slept right through it. Even the scream. Knowing Mother,it was a ladylike scream! When she finally got the nerve to tell us about it, we set right to work making Sherlock Holmes spy glasses and hats out of construction paper and diligently searching for clues and fingerprints. I remember heated debates about the color of the spy glass, as my sister insisted on dark pink. We had not a clue what that man could have done. We thought he was a burglar (me) or a bank robber (her).
    They make them tough in your family, McJag! What a great idea to get you kids working on Sherlock Holmes craft activities.

You're fortunate in many ways (I don't even want to think about what could have happened) and have not been scarred in any way.

This sounds crazy, but I get a very strong sense of impending trouble. I don't know if your mom experienced it that night and went to your room, but that kind of thing happens to me. I either get a feeling of total peace about certain situations (if I'm smart enough to listen to that inner voice that gives me that peace) and it has NEVER let me down. I often get a really strong urge to go outside to check on something, or to go over to someone's house to see if they are ok. Again, prompting has never let me down either. I wonder if your mom had something happen like that which caused her to check on you and your sister, or was it just that she had finished up in the bathroom?

Quote Originally Posted by Wiseguy View Post
    They make them tough in your family, McJag! This sounds crazy, but I get a very strong sense of impending trouble. I don't know if your mom experienced it that night and went to your room, but that kind of thing happens to me. I either get a feeling of total peace about certain situations (if I'm smart enough to listen to that inner voice that gives me that peace) and it has NEVER let me down. I often get a really strong urge to go outside to check on something, or to go over to someone's house to see if they are ok. Again, prompting has never let me down either. I wonder if your mom had something happen like that which caused her to check on you and your sister, or was it just that she had finished up in the bathroom?
    We all have a strong 6th sense in our family-so much so we take it for granted. We just laugh-like Mother always said I would call her the minute she walked in the door. Perfect timing. She was just being a mother that night-not thinking impending doom, just must check on the girls. But so often her impulses prevented danger,she just never questioned it. Nor did we. Second nature to us.

A*O

The Ramsey case still has a lot of question marks but I think everyone agrees that the Boulder Police Dept was spectacularly incompetant and blase about it (ditto the Portuguese cops in the McCann case). The only weird thing in the Ramsey case I haven't seen a plausible explanation for was the "ransom note" that demanded the EXACT amount of money - $104,000? - that Pa Ramsey had just received as a bonus. So whoever did it must have had some insider knowledge. I wouldn't mess with the McJag women either - they all have a pearl handled pistol tucked in their panties.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Elite Member

Patty Ramsey went silently to her grave. I always thought the brother was the molester/accidental killer. Why would she protect John to her deathbed? Especially a bible thumper who was about to 'see Jesus and be judged for heaven or hell'.

^^^But what about the forensic evidence? A pubic hair in JonBenet's underpants from an unknown male? Two other items of DNA - again a male who was not related to JonBenet.

^^For the sake of argument that pubic hair could have landed there by anyone at the compromised scene of the crime. People were crawling all over the place. Hell, hours after the cops arrived they sent the father and another person to look for the girl. I don't think it's a far stretch to imagine that the evidence was handled in a shoddy manner and that most of it wasn't 'clean'.

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

^^^A pubic hair in her underpants, and she'd been raped?? I think it's a stretch to think it could have been anybody but the murderer.

I thought they said she had been 'interfered with' but not raped? I have to say I don't know the details. I was just speculating for the sake of argument. I wonder if it's ever going to come out.

--Sinclair Lewis

^^Sometimes the term "rape" is not used but sexual assault is. JonBenet was definitely sexually assaulted, but I'm not sure of further details.

The other DNA was even more conclusive. Skin cells were left in her long underwear (from a male who was not a member of the Ramsey family) and blood in three different spots in her underpants (again, not belonging to a member of the Ramsey family).
    On July 9, 2008, Boulder County District Attorney Mary Lacy stated that DNA tests conducted by Bode Technology Group revealed that skin cells left behind on JonBenet Ramsey's long underwear point to a killer other than the girl's parents, John and Patsy Ramsey, or her brother, Burke. Mrs. Ramsey died of ovarian cancer in 2006 at age 49.
    "To the extent that we may have contributed in any way to the public perception that you might have been involved in this crime, I am deeply sorry," Lacy wrote in an exoneration letter to John Ramsey, who now has remarried and lives in Michigan. "No innocent person should have to endure such an extensive trial in the court of public opinion."
    Early in the investigation into the 6-year-old pageant star's brutal murder on Christmas night in 1996, Lacy said that Boulder police discovered male DNA in a drop of blood on JonBenet's underwear that did not match any members of JonBenet's immediate family. The tests conducted by Bode Technology Group, Lacy said, revealed the same DNA that was found previously in the drop of blood was present in three places on JonBenet's long underwear.
    Lacy stated that Boulder investigators now hope they'll eventually find a DNA match in the ever-expanding national DNA databank, a sentiment echoed by John Ramsey. "I think the people that are in charge of the investigation are focused on that, and that gives me a lot of comfort," Mr. Ramsey said in an interview with a Denver TV station. "Certainly we are grateful that they acknowledged that we, based on that, certainly could not have been involved."
    Even if a DNA match is eventually made, it does not mean that the DNA from this contaminated crime scene will reveal it to be that of JonBenet's killer, although it possibly could. For now, all that is known, is that it is not the DNA of John, Burke, or the late Patsy Ramsey. In the meantime, the JonBenet case will continue unsolved and will remain one of the most botched crime investigations in the annals of U.S. law enforcement.
    John Mark Kerr was released from prison because his DNA did not match the killer's DNA.
    Last edited by Wiseguy; January 21st, 2010 at 03:34 AM.

I didn't know any of that. It's a weird story but I have no idea what to think about it.

--Sinclair Lewis

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread Information