Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 209
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Madeleine McCann's death 'covered up by parents who faked kidnap', court hears

  1. #31
    Elite Member Wiseguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    3,201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chrissyisme View Post
    I agree. this sad case reminds me of jon bennet ramsey. the parents needs to cut the bullshit and be honest.

    they cant even take accountability for their own daughter hope they re-open the case too
    I agree - it's very similar to Jon Benet Ramsey's case. Jon Benet's parents were innocent and in both cases, the police made serious errors which compromised the investigation and cast unfounded allegations on the parents.


  2. #32
    Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Uranus
    Posts
    31,885

    Default

    And remember, the police asked them not to talk about this so that they could go forward with the investigation. What did this couple do? Call the world media and parade about for them. And I mean parade about. I remember watching them on the news doing this day after day after day. They said it was to keep the story in the headlines but it always seemed strange. The whole thing is strange.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

    "When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

  3. #33
    Elite Member MohandasKGanja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Wherever my kids are
    Posts
    24,325

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post
    And remember, the police asked them not to talk about this so that they could go forward with the investigation. What did this couple do? Call the world media and parade about for them. And I mean parade about. I remember watching them on the news doing this day after day after day. They said it was to keep the story in the headlines but it always seemed strange. The whole thing is strange.
    I think that people would respond to the situation a variety of ways -- there's no blueprint to how someone reacts to the abduction of their child. If it had happened to me, I would fall into a black hole. I honestly don't know how I would react.

    But to keep quiet while the police investigate? That doesn't make sense to me either. In the U.S., you have Amber alerts as soon as a child disappears because publicly and loudly alerting everyone possible is the best chance to recover the child, and you have a very limited window of time before a recidivist abductor kills a child. I believe that within the last month or so, child was recovered from a guy speeding down a highway after an Amber alert.

    As to the McCann's repeatedly broadcasting Madeline's disappearance -- that makes sense to me, too. If my child were abducted, I would like to think that I would relentlessly use all avenues to find out what happened/get them back until there was some resolution.

  4. #34
    Silver Member Anne of Cleves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nowhereland
    Posts
    336

    Default

    I have a feeling that Amral's account of what happened to Madeleine is either true or very close to the truth. I always thought there was something fishy about the McCanns' story, and I always thought it was odd that the McCainns left two small children alone in the flat while they went out for dinner. That, in itself, is negligent. The fact that they created a media firestorm instead of going along with the authorities' request to keep quiet looks fishy, too. It seems if they truly felt that their daughter was missing,and wanted her to be found, they would have respected the authorities' request. But perhaps they had to create a sensation because they knew they were in the wrong and were terrified of being caught. I'm not saying Madeleine was murdered;I think she perished as a result of a tragic accident. I believe AO's hypothesis is pretty close to what happened.
    Who says being second best is such a bad thing?

  5. #35
    Elite Member rollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    37,186

    Default

    I think it makes sense to *search for your child * regardless of any misgivings over the negligence issue. I really don't think they cared if they were prosecuted for that as long as they found Madeleine. It's actually incredibly tragic that no matter how much time, money, and publicity is spent, they will probably never find her. No, not because they killed her but because of the confusion in the first few vital hours when she went missing.

  6. #36
    Elite Member Novice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Beyond Caring, then hang a left.
    Posts
    41,527

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post
    And remember, the police asked them not to talk about this so that they could go forward with the investigation. What did this couple do? Call the world media and parade about for them. And I mean parade about. I remember watching them on the news doing this day after day after day. They said it was to keep the story in the headlines but it always seemed strange. The whole thing is strange.
    ITA

    Quote Originally Posted by Anne of Cleves View Post
    I have a feeling that Amral's account of what happened to Madeleine is either true or very close to the truth. I always thought there was something fishy about the McCanns' story, and I always thought it was odd that the McCainns left two small children alone in the flat while they went out for dinner. That, in itself, is negligent. The fact that they created a media firestorm instead of going along with the authorities' request to keep quiet looks fishy, too. It seems if they truly felt that their daughter was missing,and wanted her to be found, they would have respected the authorities' request. But perhaps they had to create a sensation because they knew they were in the wrong and were terrified of being caught. I'm not saying Madeleine was murdered;I think she perished as a result of a tragic accident. I believe AO's hypothesis is pretty close to what happened.
    Three small children - the youngest were twins.

    And - dunno if you guys are aware - she was unable to conceive naturally, so she had IVF (and I mean IVF not anything else).
    I tried for years to have children and I'm sorry but I know for damned sure that I'd not leave my kids unattended. Not in a strange country. Not in a strange apartment. Never.

    Don't tell me that I'd feel differently if I had kids because I won't. Even if we adopt, leaving children alone in an apartment while the parents go carousing at a bar is wrong. Its neglect. There was a group of 6 of them, would it have killed them for one of them the babysit? Or even hire a nanny ensemble?

    What is even worse is that they were at a "child friendly" resort....
    Evening Creche/ Entertainment
    We operate an evening drop in creche service on six evenings for the younger children (4 months to 5 years) from 7.30-11:30pm. Within the creche we provide a "sleep" room with cots for infants and rest beds with sleeping bags for the younger children. For 4-5year olds we show an early childrens film at 7:30pm in a separate room set up with bean bags and sleeping bags so that children can fall asleep. Parents are welcome to settle their infants and younger children prior to 7:30pm in the sleep room providing they remain with their children until 7:30pm. For For the older children (6-17years) we provide a fully supervised entertainment programme until 10.30pm.
    Baby Sitting
    Extra baby-sitting can be arranged in resort through the Childcare Manager from €12 per hour. Please note that babysitters are in high demand, and whilst every effort is made to accommodate requests, this service is subject to staff availability and cannot be guaranteed. Please give at least 24 hours notice if you require this service.

    N.B. I also found a story saying that Maddy was produced via donor sperm & lots of stories about the McCanns threatening to sue, but no actual stories of them suing. This was allegedly how the police knew that the DNA in the car wasn't the twins as the paternity wasn't the same..... There was a lot of noise about the threat to sue, but I can't find even one story saying that actually did.




    They lied about the fund not being used for personal matters and then it paid their mortgage. I find this not just shocking but deceitful. A lot of people gave money for a hunt - people that don't earn what GPs (or consultant heart surgeons) earn...

    Kate lied about coming into contact with 6 dead people in her 1 day a week job as GP to explain the cadaver scent on her clothing. How often do GPs see dead bodies? 6 in 1 day?

    They lied about cuddlecat having the scent of Madeleine and being comforting and then as soon as they heard the dogs were coming Kate announced she had washed it because it smelled of sun tan lotion. Making forensic analysis of it much harder. Who does that?

    They about the crime scene, about how many people came into the crime scene, walked around and contaminated it, again making investigation much harder and destroying much evidence according to detectives.

    Gerry lied about the existence of the tennis bag.

    They lied about going to sue media companies.

    They lied about the possibility of sedation and then claimed ridiculously that perhaps the Abductor had sedated all 3 of their children before making off with Madeleine.


    Gerry lied about Kate’s ability to cope with three children on her own when her own Parents and her own diary say different.

    They lied about the amount of alcohol consumed that night.

    In another lie about cooperating they refused to provide their mobile phone records to the pj.

    Kate explaining away the scent of death of cuddlecat because she took the childs 4th birthday present cuddly toy to work and exposed it to contact with 6 dead people. This just strikes me as strange - I can imagine taking it to work to help one cope but......
    Last edited by Novice; January 14th, 2010 at 03:25 PM.
    Free Charmed.

  7. #37
    Elite Member Sarzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    England
    Posts
    13,821

    Default

    ^ Yeah, I will never understand how anyone could leave their children like that. 3 small kids left alone in an apartment? Completely neglectful. To me that made them seem cold right from the start.

  8. #38
    Elite Member MohandasKGanja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Wherever my kids are
    Posts
    24,325

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    ITA

    Don't tell me that I'd feel differently if I had kids because I won't. Even if we adopt, leaving children alone in an apartment while the parents go carousing at a bar is wrong. Its neglect. There was a group of 6 of them, would it have killed them for one of them the babysit? Or even hire a nanny ensemble?
    I agree that leaving them alone like that is neglectful. If my kids are conked out in a hotel room, either my wife or I is going to have to give up an evening, watching the kids, while the other hangs out with the friends. They are never, ever unattended.

    Moreover, I could have sworn they said that the McCann's left the door unlocked. So, not only were the children unattended, there was nothing impeding even a non-hotel-employee from going in there.

  9. #39
    Gold Member sharky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Siberia
    Posts
    1,248

    Default

    I don't think the parents killed her, but they are responsible for what happened.

    Another hotel guest reported her crying alone for 2 hours on a previous night. Her mother even said: "She asked me where were you when I was crying? Now I look back on that question differently, because she just said it in passing, so I thought everything was OK". The restaurant staff said the tapa group ate there all the time without their children. This is a good example how someone who is intelligent can also have no common sense.

    It bothers me that they haven't taken full responsibility.

    They said "We're sorry we weren't there for her", not "We should never have left her alone".

    "We left the door open in case there was a fire". Then what? Was this 3 yo girl supposed to save herself, her 2 yo siblings, pull the fire alarm. What if there was an accident like choking, falling, etc.

    "We would never have done it if we thought there was a risk." Idiots.

    This video shows how the children were hidden from view from the restaurant. In fact, if they did see someone take her that had a car, they would never have been able to reach her in time.

    [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PT8QJL9nlaw[/YOUTUBE]
    ribbit likes this.

  10. #40
    Elite Member Novice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Beyond Caring, then hang a left.
    Posts
    41,527

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I agree that leaving them alone like that is neglectful. If my kids are conked out in a hotel room, either my wife or I is going to have to give up an evening, watching the kids, while the other hangs out with the friends. They are never, ever unattended.

    Moreover, I could have sworn they said that the McCann's left the door unlocked. So, not only were the children unattended, there was nothing impeding even a non-hotel-employee from going in there.
    I think that I added a load of stuff to my post while you were writing that,.

    1) it was a resort & there was child care there (its usual in UK package holidays)
    2) the locking/unlocking of the door was just another of the pieces of info that was flexible....
    Free Charmed.

  11. #41
    Elite Member MohandasKGanja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Wherever my kids are
    Posts
    24,325

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    I think that I added a load of stuff to my post while you were writing that,.

    1) it was a resort & there was child care there (its usual in UK package holidays)
    2) the locking/unlocking of the door was just another of the pieces of info that was flexible....
    Yup, I remember that the first person who Kate McCann yelled at (when she noticed Madeline was missing) was a resort nanny. Why they wouldn't avail themselves of someone like that is something I don't understand.

    Virtually every hotel I've been at for the past 10 years seems to passively look the door -- and requires you to use a scan card to open it. To the extent that you can lock/unlock something, it would only be working a chain or deadbolt from the inside. I'm not sure how this place worked, though.

  12. #42
    Gold Member sharky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Siberia
    Posts
    1,248

    Default

    Sadly, I think her unique eye would be a factor for a kidnapper to not keep her alive.

  13. #43
    Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Uranus
    Posts
    31,885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I think that people would respond to the situation a variety of ways -- there's no blueprint to how someone reacts to the abduction of their child. If it had happened to me, I would fall into a black hole. I honestly don't know how I would react.

    But to keep quiet while the police investigate? That doesn't make sense to me either. In the U.S., you have Amber alerts as soon as a child disappears because publicly and loudly alerting everyone possible is the best chance to recover the child, and you have a very limited window of time before a recidivist abductor kills a child. I believe that within the last month or so, child was recovered from a guy speeding down a highway after an Amber alert.

    As to the McCann's repeatedly broadcasting Madeline's disappearance -- that makes sense to me, too. If my child were abducted, I would like to think that I would relentlessly use all avenues to find out what happened/get them back until there was some resolution.
    I don't know if America is right on everything. I would think that if someone snatched a kid to rape or whatever and suddenly her/his face was plastered from one end of earth to the other I'd be more likely to just kill the kid and dump the body, hoping to get away. Either way they really acted oddly. They would leave the apartment each morning, and just walk down to the beach/boardwalk area and parade around while the media surrounded them. It was so strange. I remember seeing it day after day after day on teh news. Weird.

    Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    ITA



    Three small children - the youngest were twins.

    And - dunno if you guys are aware - she was unable to conceive naturally, so she had IVF (and I mean IVF not anything else).
    I tried for years to have children and I'm sorry but I know for damned sure that I'd not leave my kids unattended. Not in a strange country. Not in a strange apartment. Never.

    Don't tell me that I'd feel differently if I had kids because I won't. Even if we adopt, leaving children alone in an apartment while the parents go carousing at a bar is wrong. Its neglect. There was a group of 6 of them, would it have killed them for one of them the babysit? Or even hire a nanny ensemble?

    What is even worse is that they were at a "child friendly" resort....


    N.B. I also found a story saying that Maddy was produced via donor sperm & lots of stories about the McCanns threatening to sue, but no actual stories of them suing. This was allegedly how the police knew that the DNA in the car wasn't the twins as the paternity wasn't the same..... There was a lot of noise about the threat to sue, but I can't find even one story saying that actually did.

    Never ever ever would I leave the heathens on their own in a strange hotel in a strange country. The fear of fire alone would scare the shit out of me. Plus, these kids were just far too young to be left like that, night after night after night. Who the hell does that? And the friend who said he went to check on his daughter because she was vomiting and then rejoined the dinner? Who the hell leaves a sick kid in a hotel room without any adults around? It's all just a little bit strange.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

    "When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

  14. #44
    A*O
    A*O is offline
    Friend of Gossip Rocks! A*O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Being Paula
    Posts
    30,275

    Default

    No sane parent would leave 2 and 3yr old kids alone like that and most of the IVF parents I know are super-protective of their kids to the point of paranoia. The McCann's whole affect has been weird and wrong during this whole sorry saga. I stand by my theory but doubt that we will ever know the whole truth. Whatever happened that night Maddy is dead and has been from the start.
    ribbit likes this.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

    Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

  15. #45
    Gold Member thunder&lightning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    996

    Default

    i was telling my mom that i thought they had something to do with it right away as we watched about it on nancy grace. it only took one look at the parents and the information that they gave to understand that something wasn't right about the whole thing.
    another year i claim of total indifference.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Madeleine McCann's parents to be re-interviewed by police
    By A*O in forum Crime and Punishment
    Replies: 227
    Last Post: April 26th, 2012, 06:15 AM
  2. Replies: 9
    Last Post: July 29th, 2008, 01:18 PM
  3. Replies: 13
    Last Post: June 5th, 2008, 06:49 AM
  4. Replies: 7
    Last Post: November 18th, 2007, 10:11 AM
  5. Replies: 8
    Last Post: September 4th, 2007, 04:58 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •