Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Madeleine McCann's death 'covered up by parents who faked kidnap', court hears

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I'm not buying into the parents' guilt yet:

1. Children are abducted from rooms by strangers, while leaving another behind -- the Polly Klaas case being a well-known example.

2. The McCanns were on vacation, in an unfamiliar place. The theory that they hid the body assumes that they would have had the time and wherewithal to hide the body so that nobody would ever find it. I'm not sure how they would be able to pull that off.

3. The parents are no longer formal suspects in their daughter's disappearance. If they actually did OD their daughter, they would have everything to lose, and nothing to gain by suing this guy for libel and trying to get an injunction on the book. Because all the details would get rehashed in the trial. However, if the daughter was actually abducted, I could totally see them being outraged and want some kind of legal vindication against a detective trying to cast blame on them.
    See, this is how I think also. Plus,within that group of friends one of them would have cracked over guilt by now and they would have to know something. My radar picks up genuine grief from both parents.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by Honey View Post
    “She died in the apartment as a result of a tragic accident and the parents simulated an abduction after failing to care of their children,” Tavares de Almeida, former chief inspector at Portimao police station during the initial months of the investigation, told the court in Lisbon.
    “These were the conclusions of a police report signed by me on September 10 2007,” he added.
    I don't think that anyone is surprised by this.

Mr de Almeida told the court: “We have always spoken of a tragic accidental death – not homicide. The McCanns did not kill her but they concealed the body,”
    and once down that route, it was a ride that was never going to stop....
    Mr de Almeida, who worked under Amaral and was also taken off the case in September 2007, said the decision to designate the McCanns 'arguidos' was made by police after sniffer dogs brought to Portugal from England had carried out their searches.
    Giving evidence, Mr de Almeida said that the dogs had identified blood and the scent of a human corpse inside the childrens’ bedroom and the dining room of the McCanns’ holiday flat.
    So they couldn't dispute this like they did all the stuff from the Portugese Police...
    [quote=Honey;2008516] The animals also reacted to traces on a piece of cloth in a villa rented by the McCanns after they left the apartment and in the boot of a rental car hired by the family several weeks after Madeleine disappeared. [/quote and this was used to point the finger of incompetence at the Portugese Police... When they were British dogs. *shakes head*
    Mr de Almeida also complained that Portuguese police efforts to investigate the McCanns had been frustrated by their British counterparts. “We were told that the UK would not accept any investigation of the McCanns – there was a lack of cooperation,” he said.
    So wrong!!!
    But later he said that the theory that the parents had covered up Madeleine’s death as outlined in Amaral’s book was one reached by British police on the ground in Portugal too.
    “This wasn’t something invented by Amaral,” he insisted. “It was a conclusion reached by the team of Portuguese investigators as well as British police.”
    So what happened then? Right, nothing...

He admitted that the police had been suspicious of the McCanns from the start of the investigation. “They disobeyed our request to keep quiet about the details of their daughter’s disappearance while we conducted our investigation. Instead they turned it into a media circus and that gave rise to some suspicions.”
    That did it for me too.

There are so many questions that have been unanswered due to the McCann's actions.

Plus being unable to prove something doesn't actually mean that they're innocent....

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    He said that the McCanns should have faced prosecution for leaving their children alone. “They should have been pursued for neglect. People have been arrested for far less – even in the UK."

And if he'd had a job in a crappy factory and she served up school dinners for a living then they would have been.
    Yup. And that is wrong. And didn't she have more IVF after Maddie was killed? Thats not right either.
    Free Charmed.

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    See, this is how I think also. Plus,within that group of friends one of them would have cracked over guilt by now and they would have to know something. My radar picks up genuine grief from both parents.
    I have no doubt there is some genuine grief. Genuine guilt can cause genuine grief.

About 15 years ago a blonde, blue eyed five year old kid was snatched from a British grandparent in Greece. He was never found, but the press never went on about it like they do with the McCann's kid, cus they're both doctors, they command some sort of uber media attention.

The Newspapers in Britain have turned to insinuating the McCann's were swingers that night anyway, which is pretty hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly Willy View Post
    Hm. I still don't know what to think. All I know is that something is fishy.
    Same. There's something very off about this case. It's annoying that we'll probably never know the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Popsicle View Post
    About 15 years ago a blonde, blue eyed five year old kid was snatched from a British grandparent in Greece. He was never found, but the press never went on about it like they do with the McCann's kid, cus they're both doctors, they command some sort of uber media attention.

The Newspapers in Britain have turned to insinuating the McCann's were swingers that night anyway, which is pretty hilarious.
    I think I heard the same thing implied about the Walshes (John Walsh and his then-wife). Also, there was an American case where the abduction of the child centered around the parents' open relationship.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Popsicle View Post

Pretty much every journalist I know in the UK believes that what happened is exactly how A*O laid it out.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    He said that the McCanns should have faced prosecution for leaving their children alone. “They should have been pursued for neglect. People have been arrested for far less – even in the UK."

And if he'd had a job in a crappy factory and she served up school dinners for a living then they would have been.
    You got that right.

The McCanns put the kids to bed between 6 and 8:30 pm that night. So, if they gave Madeline an overdose, it would have been during that time.

At 8:55 pm, Matt Oldfield (friend) checked on the kids.

Between 9:05 and 9:15 pm, Gerry McCann checked on the kids.

At 9:30 pm, Oldfield checked on the kids again, but could only testify to having seen the younger kids through the window.

At 10 pm, Kate McCann testified to checking the room and finding Madeline gone. A nanny at the resort reported that Kate was screaming "they've taken her" and "Madeline's gone!".

At 11:50 pm, the police logged the first call to the station about Madeline's disappearance.

Here's my question. If the McCann's are guilty of accidentally OD'ing their daughter, they would have had to find out around 9:15 or so, determine that their daughter was not "just sleeping" and could not be revived, come up with a plot to save their asses while maintaining a facade of normalcy around their friends and other resort guests, and still managed to hide the body without being noticed by their friends, and other guests. And because a search of the immediate area was conducted until 4:30 am the next day, they would have had to hide her really well.
    ribbit likes this.

Yeah except the friends lied about the times they checked on the kids.
    Free Charmed.

From what I've read, I don't see any indication that the friends' account has ever been shown to be fabricated. And the police have never named them as "arguidos", which would have been likely, if they believed that they were covering for the McCann's, who were arguidos at one point.

They phoned me & told me...

Actually it was all over the news here.
    First paragraph here:- JUSTICE FOR MADDIE AND THE TWINS: 81 LIES - GREAT POST LIZZY
    Free Charmed.

A*O

The problem is that having perpetuated the lie that Maddy was abducted and actively encouraged and participated in the media circus that the lie generated they have no choice but to "defend" themselves when someone finally dares to challenge their version of events. If they keep silent people will (correctly) draw the conclusion that there's some truth to these allegations. I hope the court also asks them to explain exactly how they have spent the millions of pounds donated so far to the "Find Madeleine" campaign. I heard they used some of it to pay off their large mortgage "to give the other children some security" but I'd love to know how getting even more money is going to help.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    The McCanns put the kids to bed between 6 and 8:30 pm that night. So, if they gave Madeline an overdose, it would have been during that time.

At 8:55 pm, Matt Oldfield (friend) checked on the kids.

Between 9:05 and 9:15 pm, Gerry McCann checked on the kids.

At 9:30 pm, Oldfield checked on the kids again, but could only testify to having seen the younger kids through the window.

At 10 pm, Kate McCann testified to checking the room and finding Madeline gone. A nanny at the resort reported that Kate was screaming "they've taken her" and "Madeline's gone!".

At 11:50 pm, the police logged the first call to the station about Madeline's disappearance.

Here's my question. If the McCann's are guilty of accidentally OD'ing their daughter, they would have had to find out around 9:15 or so, determine that their daughter was not "just sleeping" and could not be revived, come up with a plot to save their asses while maintaining a facade of normalcy around their friends and other resort guests, and still managed to hide the body without being noticed by their friends, and other guests. And because a search of the immediate area was conducted until 4:30 am the next day, they would have had to hide her really well.
    I agree. I think the McCann's were absolutely negligent when it came to caring for their children that night. They may even have given her a sedative to help her to sleep properly. But I don't for a minute think that they could have hidden her body without being noticed by the other guests. Also, the search was exhaustive and continued for months and they still have not found Madeleine's body.

Also, the Portuguese police said they have proof that the McCann's killed Madeleine, including forensic evidence found in the McCann's Portuguese apartment and the McCann's rental car. But the car was rented 25 days after Madeleine disappeared and the DNA could easily have come from the items the family packed into the trunk of the car (eg Madeleine's hair brush etc). Also, the Portugese police did not protect the scene (the McCann's apartment) - they should have sealed it and protected it and they did neither. So, any evidence found could be extremely compromised.

If the police allege they did find proof of Madeleine's DNA in the trunk of the car, then they would have to assume that Madeleine's 25 day old corpse was put in there. The odor itself would have been overpowering and (as gross as this sounds) the decomposition of body fluids would have seeped into the rug in the trunk of the car. That didn't happen. Instead, the McCann's rented the car to take away clothes and personal items such as clothes, toys, personal effects etc that had Madeleine's DNA on it.

So, I'm not seeing the proof that the Portuguese police are alleging and I can see why the McCann's have taken legal action against this.

I think Madeleine was abducted and the McCann's are guilty of negligence, but that's all.
    ribbit likes this.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by nana55 View Post
    I've always suspected something weird with that couple. Why would someone abduct one child and not the other. Why would there be no clues? Too many unanswered questions. I hope they re-open this.
    I agree. this sad case reminds me of jon bennet ramsey. the parents needs to cut the bullshit and be honest.

they cant even take accountability for their own daughter hope they re-open the case too
    Last edited by chrissyisme; January 13th, 2010 at 08:41 PM.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread Information