Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Madeleine McCann's death 'covered up by parents who faked kidnap', court hears

I believe that I have already posted info about the British sex offenders register & a specific entry on it.
    Free Charmed.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post
    I don't know what to think about this case. I checked Kate McCann's book out of the library here, and I found it pretty compelling. I agree that the theory that they drugged Madeleine, inadvertently killing her, seems the most plausible. The only thing I can't figure out is how they would have been able to dispose of the body (especially in an area they were unfamiliar with) without anyone seeing them, and how they would have been able to dispose of it so well that it's never been found.
    Where they could have put her? I don't know, but as to the first part, moving the body of a small child from an apartment wouldn't be too difficult, even without a vehicle. It's a tourist area so nobody is going to look twice at someone carrying one of those oversized beach bags or hauling about a suitcases, bot of which could easily accommodate a small body.

Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    I'm no expert on this case but I have trouble believing the parents deliberately harmed her, mainly because they went through so much to conceive their kids that I can't see them using them in a sex ring or whatever. I can totally believe that they were careless in leaving the kids alone and/or drugging them and causing her death then covering it up. But their IVF experience sounded long, painful and expensive and I just can't see why someone would go through all that for disposable playthings they loan out to friends.
    I don't believe they deliberately harmed her and I do subscribe to the accidental overdose theory. However, as with all things I'll bet the reality of child rearing, particularly when combined with two demanding careers, is pretty damn different to what you think it will be before the sproglings arrive. There are also people on this earth who will go to great lengths to have children because they feel that they are required to make the perfect picture of success - why have the perfect house in the perfect area if you can't also boast to your perfect friends how superbly your perfect children are doing in their perfectly horrendous to get in to high demand school? I'm not saying this is the McCanns but not everyone who has children is cut out for it or have them (by whatever means) because they want nothing more than to be parents rather than bowing to "meet/marry/breed" pressure.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    I believe that I have already posted info about the British sex offenders register & a specific entry on it.
    Where,Novice? I must have missed that.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

From the Huffington Post yesterday:

Missing Madeleine McCann May Be Alive: Police

LONDON — British police say they have launched a full investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, and want to trace 38 "persons of interest" in the case.
    Detectives say it's possible that Madeleine, who vanished from a Portuguese holiday resort six years ago, is still alive.
    Scotland Yard said Thursday that 12 of the individuals of interest are British, and the rest from a variety of European countries. The force says it is working with governments across the continent to find out more.
    McCann vanished from a vacation home in Portugal's Algarve region on May 3, 2007, days before her fourth birthday. The case has generated intense media interest.
    Detective Chief Inspector Andy Redwood said police "continue to believe that there is a possibility that Madeleine is alive."

And there's a possibility that I'm a 7' black, cross-dressing, pink-wigged baseball player from the North Pole too.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    And there's a possibility that I'm a 7' black, cross-dressing, pink-wigged baseball player from the North Pole too.
    I have to admit, even for the people who think that the McCann's weren't responsible for Madeleine's disappearance, the idea that she is still alive seems very, very remote. Unless the police have additional information that they haven't released.

----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    From the Huffington Post yesterday:

Missing Madeleine McCann May Be Alive: Police

LONDON — British police say they have launched a full investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, and want to trace 38 "persons of interest" in the case.
    Detectives say it's possible that Madeleine, who vanished from a Portuguese holiday resort six years ago, is still alive.
    Scotland Yard said Thursday that 12 of the individuals of interest are British, and the rest from a variety of European countries. The force says it is working with governments across the continent to find out more.
    McCann vanished from a vacation home in Portugal's Algarve region on May 3, 2007, days before her fourth birthday. The case has generated intense media interest.
    Detective Chief Inspector Andy Redwood said police "continue to believe that there is a possibility that Madeleine is alive."
    And if they are investigating the parents, they're not going to release a press statement saying such.
    Free Charmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    And if they are investigating the parents, they're not going to release a press statement saying such.
    I think the British police are more discreet than the Portuguese police who were handling this case. And for that reason the McCann parents could definitely be in the mix of possibilities. However, if Scotland Yard thinks there is a possibility that Madeleine is still alive, that would seem to contradict the parents as suspects.

British Police to Release Photo of Suspect in Madeleine McCann Disappearance

By Andrea Billups

10/09/2013 at 10:00 AM EDT

Kate and Gerry McCann
    Leon Neal/AFP/Getty

Police investigating the 2007 disappearance of British toddler Madeleine McCann plan to issue an image of a possible suspect.

The computer-generated photo (called an efit) is a part of an active investigation attempting to identify a man seen near the resort hotel in Praia da Luz, Portugal, where the child was last seen while vacationing with her family the Guardian" reported Wednesday.

With the release of the new photo, Crimewatch on the BBC plan to broadcast a new appeal for witnesses on Monday. Similar appeals are set to go out in areas other tourists vacationing in Portugal at the time of Madeleine's disappearance may live, like Germany and the Netherlands.

Kate and Gerry McCann, the parents of the missing girl who would now be 10 years old, are also expected to appear on Crimewatch with Metropolitan Police Detective Chief Inspector Andy Redwood.

Investigators have mined mobile phone data from those in the vicinity of the McCann's vacation apartment at the time of the disappearance and have identified about 40 people of interest, even though they are now focusing on one suspect in particular.

The disappearance has drawn national attention after Madeleine's parents pressed authorities to keep looking for their daughter, who was 3 years old when she went missing. In 2011, British Prime Minister David Cameron ordered British police to open a fresh investigation after authorities in Portugal had closed it in 2008.

In July, Scotland Yard said it was possible she could still be alive.

"We have been incredibly fortunate in the last two years to have the Metropolitan Police reviewing the case and now actively investigating," Gerry McCann told PEOPLE on July 28 as he completed a charity triathlon to benefit a missing persons fund.

"It's very unlikely that someone is just going to walk up and say, 'Here she is,' " McCann added. "So you have got to chase it."
    British Police to Release Photo of Suspect in Madeleine McCann Disappearance - Crime & Courts, True Crime, Real People Stories, Madeleine McCann : People.com
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

fgg

i hope this evidence is strong before they go about releasing someone's photo to the world as a suspect!
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

It's an efit. It will probably end up looking like a foot or a gutter gremlin, or every average bloke down the street.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Madeleine McCann Timeline Of Events 'Wrong'
    UK detectives say details of the original investigation into Madeleine's disappearance in Portugal have "significantly changed".8:34am UK, Sunday 13 October 2013

Video: Madeleine Key Details 'Were Wrong'
    Enlarge

British detectives working on the Madeleine McCann investigation have revealed that key details in the timeline of her disappearance were wrong.

The revised details will be documented in a new Crimewatch appeal on the case to be broadcast on Monday.

Speaking ahead of the BBC programme, senior investigating officer Detective Chief Inspector Andy Redwood, of the Metropolitan Police, said: "The timeline we have now established has given new significance to sightings and movements of people in and around Praia da Luz at the time of Madeleine's disappearance.

"Our work to date has significantly changed the timeline and the accepted version of events that has been in the public domain to date.

"It has allowed us to work with Crimewatch to build the most detailed reconstruction as yet, and highlight very specific appeal points.

"I hope that when the public see our investigative strands drawn together within the overall context of that appeal, it will bring in new information that moves our investigation forward."

The timeline of Madeleine's disappearance has 'significantly changed'
    The full reconstruction of the events six years ago when Madeleine went missing starts with a scene of Madeleine's parents Kate and Gerry playing tennis.

Madeleine, dressed in pink shorts, T-shirt and hat, then runs across the court, holding a batch of tennis balls.

In another clip, the McCanns are asked how often they think of their daughter, who went missing when she was three years old on May 3, 2007 from a holiday apartment as her parents dined at a nearby tapas restaurant with friends.

Mr McCann says: "When it's a special occasion, when you should be your happiest and Madeleine's not there, that's when it really hits home. Obviously, Madeleine's birthday goes without saying."

Mrs McCann adds: "It's when you have big family occasions really. That's it isn't it? 'Family occasion' and you haven't got your complete family."

During the programme, DCI Redwood discusses how the police have approached the inquiry.

Gerry and Kate McCann tell Crimewatch their anguish is undiminished
    He says: "Primarily what we sought to do from the beginning is try and draw everything back to zero if you like. Try and take everything back to the beginning and re-analyse and reassess everything, accepting nothing.

"The careful and critical analysis of the timeline has been absolutely key.

"Primarily, we're focused on the area between 8.30pm and 10pm. We know at 8.30pm that was the time Mr and Mrs McCann went down to the tapas area for their dinner and we know that around at 10pm that was when Mrs McCann found that Madeleine was missing."

A number of e-fits are also to be shown in the appeal in a bid to "identify the men and eliminate innocent sightings".

Scotland Yard detectives, who have interviewed 442 people as part of their review-turned-investigation, hope to track down as many people present in the Portuguese town at the time.

Since launching its own investigation, 41 people of interest have been identified by the Met Police, including 15 UK nationals.

Madeleine seen on the day before she went missing in May 2007
    Detectives have issued 31 international letters of request to mostly European countries in relation to some of the persons of interest as well as accessing phone records.

A large but "manageable" list of phone numbers identified as being in Praia da Luz - though not necessarily used to make phone calls - has been drawn up by detectives with a "significant" number unattributed to any named person.

British detectives launched a fresh investigation in July this year - two years into a review of the case.

The Met Police now has a team of six Portuguese detectives based in Faro who are carrying out inquiries on its behalf.

The Portuguese investigation is officially closed but authorities there are backing the Scotland Yard inquiry and officers from both countries are working together in pursuing new leads.

Video here Madeleine McCann Timeline Of Events 'Wrong'

McCanns launch £1m libel case against Portuguese ex-detective

12 September 2013 Last updated at 22:03

Madeleine was almost four when she disappeared
    A libel case in which the family of Madeleine McCann are seeking £1m of damages from a former Portuguese police chief has begun in Lisbon.

Madeleine was almost four when she disappeared from her family's holiday apartment in the Algarve in May 2007.

Goncalo Amaral published a book claiming the girl was dead and that her parents had lied about what happened.

The McCanns, who deny the claims, say the book discouraged people from coming forward with information.

The family's lawyer Isabel Duarte told reporters that the couple are seeking damages because they claim Mr Amaral's book defamed them and they maintain Madeleine was abducted.

They allege the book turned Portuguese public opinion against them.

The case at Lisbon's civil court is being brought on behalf of Madeleine's parents Kate and Gerry and their twins Sean and Amelie.

After the hearing, Mrs McCann said: "I'm here today for Madeleine and obviously I strongly hope for justice.

"I'm here to stop the damage that has been caused and is still being caused, both directly and indirectly, to the search for our daughter."

She attended court with her mother, Susan Healy.

The McCanns, of Rothley, Leicestershire, have strongly denied accusations detailed in the book and say the former detective's claims damaged the hunt for Madeleine and exacerbated anguish suffered by her relatives.

A number of relatives are expected to appear in the witness box, including Mrs McCann's cousin Michael Wright.

The McCanns' spokesman, Clarence Mitchell, said: "Kate and Gerry McCann remain very confident that they will win the case."

Mr Amaral, the detective who initially led the inquiry into Madeleine's disappearance, is expected to argue that under Portuguese law he is entitled to make the claims published in The Truth Of The Lie.

Mr Amaral's book, published in 2008, was banned for a while
    The former officer was removed from the Portuguese investigation in October 2007 after criticising British police.

His book is still available in Portugal after a court overturned an injunction banning further sale or publication in 2010.

Madeleine disappeared from her family's holiday apartment in Praia da Luz on 3 May 2007, while her parents dined out with friends at a nearby restaurant.

British detectives launched a fresh investigation into her disappearance in July and believe she could still be alive.

Portuguese authorities dropped their investigation into her disappearance in 2008, but Scotland Yard started a review in May 2011, after UK Prime Minister David Cameron responded to a plea from the McCanns.

The libel case is being heard on Thursday and Friday. It will then be adjourned until next Thursday when the court will sit again for two days.

A final hearing is expected on Friday 27 September. The judgement is expected to be deferred.
    http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-24057163
    Free Charmed.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    If it happened like I believe (see post#112) then if they'd confessed they would have lost their medical licences, their jobs, their "standing" in the community, their reputation and possibly their other kids. They would have been humiliated and vilified and treated like pariahs. If the truth comes out now it will be all the above x eleventy. There was a huge amount at stake and I can understand why they decided to cover it up.

This is true, I do think they had something to do with her disappearance. However I don't think they killed her. Seems to me that what Mohandas said is true, if they accidentally killed her, their behavior that night was too smooth unless they are total sociopaths.

However, when the mother returned to the room and saw her missing she immediately began screaming that they had taken her. They didn't look around to see if she'd gotten out of the room or went looking for them. They didn't check the pool to see if she'd fallen in or drowned. That tells me that they knew it would have been impossible for her to get out of the room on her own. So the idea that they drugged her, and then she was abducted on top of that, would explain the hinkiness of the situation. IOW they drugged her and she was abducted and they immediately knew she had to have been taken because she would have been unconscious. They couldn't admit they had drugged her because they are doctors and have two other children. So they lied about it and this is what people are picking up on.

However, when the mother returned to the room and saw her missing she immediately began screaming that they had taken her. They didn't look around to see if she'd gotten out of the room or went looking for them. They didn't check the pool to see if she'd fallen in or drowned. That tells me that they knew it would have been impossible for her to get out of the room on her own. So the idea that they drugged her, and then she was abducted on top of that, would explain the hinkiness of the situation. IOW they drugged her and she was abducted and they immediately knew she had to have been taken because she would have been unconscious. They couldn't admit they had drugged her because they are doctors and have two other children. So they lied about it and this is what people are picking up on.
    From looking at the Wiki entry, it appears that they did immediately do an exhaustive search of the grounds when they realized that she wasn't in the room.

As soon as Jane Tanner learned Madeleine was missing, she told Matthew Oldfield's wife that she may have witnessed the abduction.[26] At around 22:10 Gerry sent Matthew to alert the resort's 24-hour reception desk and to call the police, and at 22:30 the resort activated its missing child search protocol.[40]The resort's manager said that 60 staff and guests continued searching until 04:30, at first assuming that Madeleine had wandered off. One of those involved told Channel 4's Dispatches that from one end of Luz to the other, you could hear people shouting her name.
    The fact that the Wiki entry also says that Kate McCann almost immediately said that "Someone's taken her!" makes it seem like she threw the situation into abducted-child mode, but since everyone (including guests) was still exhaustively searching the grounds for her for about the next 5 hours, it doesn't sound like they were operating that way. I'm guessing that because Kate had seen a window open, in addition to a door, she didn't think that Madeleine had just woken out of a sleep and wandered out, but that maybe someone opened a window, peered in at her, and then came through the unlocked patio doors and took her.

Thread Information