Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Madeleine McCann's death 'covered up by parents who faked kidnap', court hears

A*O

They are both doctors. Who better to cut up a very small body and dispose of it piece by piece in various ways.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

I'm no expert on this case but I have trouble believing the parents deliberately harmed her, mainly because they went through so much to conceive their kids that I can't see them using them in a sex ring or whatever. I can totally believe that they were careless in leaving the kids alone and/or drugging them and causing her death then covering it up. But their IVF experience sounded long, painful and expensive and I just can't see why someone would go through all that for disposable playthings they loan out to friends.
    chartreuse likes this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

A*O

Of course they didnt deliberately harm her. Under my pet scenario she died accidentally but they couldn't fess up to drugging her. They are in an impossible situation of their own making and maybe that's punishment enough which they will have to suffer for the rest of their lives.
    Dame Edna Everage

Yep that sounds about right.

A*O, I just cannot buy that theory. First place,if she died by accident why not just say so?
    Second, how could any parents, doctors or no, chop up their daughter's body? You would have to be stark raving mad to do that,IMO. Yet something is off.
    I just hope they find her one way or another.
    rollo likes this.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    Second, how could any parents, doctors or no, chop up their daughter's body? You would have to be stark raving mad to do that,IMO.
    That's my problem with the theory. Those circumstances are virtually unprecedented in any case I can think of where the victim is the child and the parents were the perpetrators. When you cut up a body, you are usually showing either anger toward, or a complete lack of feelings or attachment toward the victim -- which would not be the case here.
    olivia and rollo like this.

I think they may have wanted to cover it up from the Western fear of foreign justice. Maybe they were afraid of being thrown into prison in a country where they don't speak the language and don't know the legal system, so they decided that hiding the crime is better than confessing and admitting they were careless.
    chartreuse likes this.

If they had admired to accidental death due to drugging they would both have gone to prision (in the UK) for a long time. When they came out they would be struck off and not able to work as doctors, losing their (other perfect) kids, their livelihood & their social status - something that appears to be very very important to them. They are both drs, they have other people's trust in them etc etc etc. by the sounds of it, it was the norm for this group to go out & leave the kids without a baby sitter - the rest of the parents were walking back to the appartments & checking in their kids too remember - which is even more heinous when you realise that there was a babysitter service available but they didn't use it - this is rarely mentioned.
    These are not "normal" people, anyone who can do this or can keep this sort of deflector campaign isn't "normal".

And for the record, I have read reports of one of their friends (I don't know if it was from this holiday or another one), being into little girls. Isn't it something like 25% of all kids are abused in some way? That 25% comes from "normal" looking families as well as dysfunctional ones that look chaotic. Abusers are very sophisticated at grooming etc, they have to be to get other parents to trust them.

I find it VERY interesting that Richard Branson initially backed them then quite quickly very quietly backed rapidly away. There is a reason for that & he's not going to tarnish his public image.

nb there is a lot of info out there about the statements that the "tapas 9" made contradicting each other over that night, plus suggestions that Maddie was autistic. I can see someone becoming enraged etc over "they'd worked so hard for this kid & now she's unmanageable & autistic" etc. that with the comment that Gerry McCann made on the plane that he "wasn't there to enjoy himself"...

http://justiceformaddie.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1
    Last edited by Novice; July 4th, 2013 at 01:46 AM.
    Free Charmed.

A*O

Doctors have to develop a strong ability to disconnect and be dispassionate if necessary. Its partly self-preservation to enable them to do their job properly. The demeanour of these two would suggest they have an abnormal ability to remain detached and unemotional to the point where they could do what was necessary to hide the evidence to protect their freedom, livelihoods, social and community status and keep their other kids who would certainly have been removed if their parents were convicted of Maddy's death, even if it was accidental. Or maybe they are just complete psycho assholes. They wouldn't be the first. I don't understand it either but I stand by my theory.
    Novice likes this.
    Dame Edna Everage

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    And for the record, I have read reports of one of their friends (I don't know if it was from this holiday or another one), being into little girls.
    http://thegaspersstatement.blogspot.com.au/

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    the comment that Gerry McCann made on the plane that he "wasn't there to enjoy himself"...
    Madeleine McCann Last video - YouTube

I have three physicians in my family (with very different personalities), and while they can be dispassionate about patients, they are definitely not dispassionate about their own children. I have never heard of a case where a parent cut up their own kid after the fact to hide the crime, especially when it was an accident. If anyone has examples of such a case, maybe a link could be posted, so we could see.

Even the superficial circumstances of this case seem fairly unprecedented. A child disappears while on vacation with parents and friends nearby. And the siblings are untouched. Because there is no template to go by, it does lead to a very broad range of speculation, from the parents' complete innocence, to the parents complete complicity.

Elite Member

Here's my theory. Remember the priest gave them the key to the church so that they could come and go to pray in privacy? What if they buried/hid the body in the cemetery for a time. Remember that the car they rented a few weeks after Maddy went missing had multiple hits in the spare tire wheel well by the cadaver dogs? Lets say after a few weeks at the cemetery, they then moved her to a place that had already been searched.
    A*O and chartreuse like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I have three physicians in my family (with very different personalities), and while they can be dispassionate about patients, they are definitely not dispassionate about their own children. I have never heard of a case where a parent cut up their own kid after the fact to hide the crime, especially when it was an accident. If anyone has examples of such a case, maybe a link could be posted, so we could see.

Even the superficial circumstances of this case seem fairly unprecedented. A child disappears while on vacation with parents and friends nearby. And the siblings are untouched. Because there is no template to go by, it does lead to a very broad range of speculation, from the parents' complete innocence, to the parents complete complicity.
    Our family knows someone who dismembered their adopted child. And then disposed of the body parts in various places. I don't really want to say more, but it was disgusting.

I think the main catch to Jerry & Vapid MaCann's innocence is their ever changing story & the alibis of their friends that seem to rotate too.
    Free Charmed.

I think the changing alibis from the friends who were with them is due to the fact that these people were in all likelihood pretty smashed. I doubt there is any sordid tale of abuse or paedophilia or autism and the most likely story is a*o's theory that each parent drugged her not knowing the other did as well, and she probably overdosed or vomited and choked to death, and as devastated and distraught as they may have been, survival is a powerful thing and I can absolutely see them covering it up and hiding and disposing of her body in order to not lose what was left of their lives.
    A*O, chartreuse and ribbit like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

A*O

The clincher for me is the cadaver dog reaction to the car which has never been adequately explained. The most ridiculous one I've seen was that Kate had come into contact with dead bodies at work during the weeks before their vacation. That may be so but why was the dog "hit" in the tyre well (good hiding place) of the rental car?

Their problem now is that they have to go through with these ridiculous and expensive wild goose chase "possible sightings" every so often to preserve the facade of hope and belief that Maddy is still alive.
    Novice likes this.
    Dame Edna Everage

Thread Information