Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast
Like Tree293Likes

Thread: Leslie Van Houten, Former Manson Family Member, Granted Parole

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

A good video from GMA, too bad about the lower third graphic and annoying scrolling news.

MANSON FAMILY KILLER LET ME OUT!I'm Mature, Not Brainwashed
    3/29/2017 12:20 AM PDT

Leslie Van Houten deserves parole from her life sentence because she was too immature to understand her savage actions in the Manson family killing spree ... according to new legal docs.
    Leslie’s lawyer, Richard Pfeiffer, submitted a 13-page report to convince the parole board to release her. The report includes testimony from psychologist Laurence Steinberg ... who says then 19-year-old Leslie’s immaturity prevented her from exercising self-restraint, controlling her impulses and weighing consequences.
    Van Houten was convicted for the stabbing murders of Leno and Rosemary LaBianca.
    Steinberg adds as Van Houten grew up ... her brain matured and she escaped Charles Manson’s brainwashing. He believes her exemplary prison record proves she has matured and “strongly suggests” she won’t commit further criminal acts.

Of course, Van Houten got shot down for parole last year when Governor Jerry Brown nixed the idea. The report will be presented at her next parole hearing, later this year.
    Leslie, now 67, was the youngest person ever sentenced to death in California. That was later commuted to life with parole.

oh, immaturity. brilliant defense.
    "The wild, cruel beast is not behind the bars of the cage. He is in front of it."...Axel Munthe

Just watched that Manson Family program a week or so ago. None of them should be out. This one is right where she belongs.
    panic, Nevan, greysfang and 2 others like this.

Gold Member

She's great in prison, so that must mean we should let her out.

Ed Kemper...Serial killer. Has or atleast at one point had his own office for his job while in the prison he is in. Should we release him based on good behavior, just to see how he'd fit on the outside? I mean, he hasn't killed anyone since he turned himself in. So he must be normal now.
    panic, C_is_for_Cookie and Mivvi21 like this.

Letting Edmund Kemper out should be a death penalty offense in and of itself.
    I'mNotBitter likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    Just watched that Manson Family program a week or so ago. None of them should be out. This one is right where she belongs.
    Exactly!!! When she was talking about stabbing Mrs. La Bianca she's saying it very matter-of-factly...like she was talking about the weather. Complete lack of remorse. The whole lot of them!
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

She already got kind of a break back in 1972 when her death sentence was commuted to life imprisonment.
    joebob, Nevan, Mivvi21 and 2 others like this.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Letting Edmund Kemper out should be a death penalty offense in and of itself.
    While Ed would never be granted parole, he never shows up for the hearings either. He's actually happy to be in prison.

They let Edmund Kemper out, once, after he killed his grandmother. Then he killed his mother, and 5 or 6 other women.

I'm not going to debate whether Leslie Van Houten should be released or not, but I doubt she's any danger to society now. The question is whether anyone can ever really pay for the kind of crimes she was involved in.
    I'mNotBitter likes this.

Silver Member

Was there any follow up on the other Manson family members? Wasn't Linda K something also involved? Or maybe she was the one who was in jail?

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by VeraGemini View Post
    They let Edmund Kemper out, once, after he killed his grandmother. Then he killed his mother, and 5 or 6 other women.
    Which is probably why he doesn't want to get out.

I'm not going to debate whether Leslie Van Houten should be released or not, but I doubt she's any danger to society now. The question is whether anyone can ever really pay for the kind of crimes she was involved in.
    I think dying in prison is an ok way to pay for it.
    Trixie likes this.

^ It worked for Susan Atkins.
    joebob and Bluebonnet like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Thread Information