Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast
Like Tree265Likes

Thread: Leslie Van Houten, Former Manson Family Member, Granted Parole

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    There's a good docu on YouTube with an FBI profiler interviewing Joel Rifkin, a true psychopath. He's very open about his crimes.
    just watched this, very interesting, especially when the interviewer said something along the lines of "it's not a mental health disorder, psychopaths know what's right and wrong, they just choose to do wrong" because do they, really?

what irritated me is that sometimes it felt like the FBI guy conducted the interview in a way that made some of what rifkin said sound different than what he probably meant. like when they talked about why he did it and the control aspect. it wasn't even adressed further that rifkin felt like it wasn't about control for him (assuming he told the truth), the interviewer just said of course it's about control, period.
    joebob likes this.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

I just spent the past hour or so reading through this whole thread - so interesting. The knowledge some of you have on these killers is admirable! I'm not much of a book reader, but I definitely have an interest in this stuff. I'm definitely open to any documentary/television special recommendations if anyone has any.

Quote Originally Posted by stella blue View Post
    “She is just not a public safety risk, and when you are not a public safety risk, the law says you shall be released.”

I don't think that's how it works.
    It kind of is how it works though. Echoing what others said, she played a fairly "minor" role - with over crowding issues and the general disorganization of the corrections world, if she's spent all this time being a "model inmate", completing her program requirements and is entitled to advance for parole then well...she's entitled to go for it. Of course I'm not sure if she was a model inmate or has completed said programming, but I can't imagine they would say she's not a risk to public safety without merit.
    All you can do at life is play along and hope that sometimes you get it right.

manson family member van houten shot down for parole by cali guv

7/23/2016 6:54 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Manson Family member Leslie Van Houten will not be a free woman despite a parole board recommendation, because the Governor of California doesn't think the public would be safe.

Governor Jerry Brown said, "Both her role in these extraordinarily brutal crimes and her inability to explain her willing participation in such horrific violence cannot be overlooked and lead me to believe she remains an unacceptable risk to society if released."

The California Parole Board determined the 66-year-old prisoner was fit for release and had been a model prisoner for years.

But what she did back in the day was undeniably horrific. She was convicted of first degree murder for stabbing Rosemary LaBianca to death -- stabbing her more than a dozen times -- the day after the Family slaughtering 5 people in the Benedict Canyon area, including actress Sharon Tate.

The murders were designed to start a race war in America.

Manson Family Member Van Houten -- Shot Down for Parole By Cali Guv | TMZ.com

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

Good thing, wow she looks 86.

I guess the beauty products in prison aren't that good.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

Gold Member

That is quite the cold sore.

Even without La Mer, she's been out of the sun for 47 years, so I was still expecting her to look less craggy.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

I think it's a testament of how good skin care has become. Her face is how I remember old people looking when I was a little kid. Plus I would imagine she's been stressed her whole life. What with killing people and the prison life. Not exactly relaxing.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Her mouth area looks like she smokes, which would explain the horrible skin.

Good lord Twitchy, i can't even quote that for fear of seeing it again. i WAS heading to bed.
    now I'll have to watch Mary Poppins or something
    Witchywoman and MmeVertigina like this.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Silver Member

There is on old saying about how you end up with the face you deserve. She's a year older then I am too.

She was by far the most attractive of the main Manson women, too. And looked pretty good up until more recent years.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread Information