Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast
Like Tree267Likes

Thread: Leslie Van Houten, Former Manson Family Member, Granted Parole

I saw an interview with Dahmer once where the interviewer was poking around his childhood, his parent's marriage, his mother's rages. Basically asking if his volatile home caused him to become a murderer. He was like, no, there has always been something wrong with me since birth. I think he said at around 5 he knew he was fucked up. He tried to control it but he couldn't. He said (I think) he deserved to die.

I was saddened by that. That he knew he was broken. He had enough self awareness to try and stop. Too bad he didn't just off himself.
    greysfang and levitt like this.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

I used to read a lot of true crime books back in the day (it was Bundy who started my interest in them), don't think I ever read any about Dahmer but the one book that creeped me out the most was about John Wayne Gacy. Don't remember the name of it but I think it was written by a Chicago reporter.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    I used to read a lot of true crime books back in the day (it was Bundy who started my interest in them), don't think I ever read any about Dahmer but the one book that creeped me out the most was about John Wayne Gacy. Don't remember the name of it but I think it was written by a Chicago reporter.
    The Man Who Killed Boys? (Yeah. I've read way too many true crime books.)

There's a good docu on YouTube with an FBI profiler interviewing Joel Rifkin, a true psychopath. He's very open about his crimes.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Gold Member

The thing about Dahmer was that he wasn't actually a psychopath. Atleast he didn't come close to fitting the description. He was diagnosed as borderline. Not antisocial. Dahmer had a boatload of shit going on in his head and none of it was good.

Didn't Bundy assist the cops in finding the Greenriver Killer?
    Cats are really just land based sharks in fur coats. - Kittylady

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    That was exactly the problem. He could have gotten away with it forever, probably. But he decided to taunt the police department again and sent them a disk with some files on it. The police checked for deleted files, restored them, and found metadata on them that mentioned his church and his first name. From there, they cross checked his car (a dark-colored jeep), which they had already seen on security-cam video following another crime that he committed.

But he did seem to have a completely normal family life, contrasted with other serial killers. He had a wife, kids, job. Was a scoutmaster and some kind of leader in his local church.
    I thought the thing that finally sealed BTK fate was his daughter volunteered DNA trying to prove her father innocence which matched a sample they had

Quote Originally Posted by joebob View Post
    The thing about Dahmer was that he wasn't actually a psychopath. Atleast he didn't come close to fitting the description. He was diagnosed as borderline. Not antisocial. Dahmer had a boatload of shit going on in his head and none of it was good.
    Dahmer was an aircraft carrier of mental problems crammed into a rowboat, indeed. He was diagnosed with borderline personality disorder and schizotypal personality disorder with psychotic episodes in prison, but I think he didn't live long enough in there for them to really figure out what was going on with him. Drinking a fifth or more every day from the age of 14 couldn't have helped matters, either. He also displayed that future serial killer triad of behavior in childhood, which is setting fires, cruelty to animals, and persistent bedwetting past the age of 5. There's some disagreement whether those three things together really do indicate a future violent sadist, but trapping neighborhood pets to deflesh the bones and soak them in bleach to preserve them can't ever be a good sign.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    He offered his help, and two of the investigators went to Florida to interview him in 1984. One of them wrote a book about the experience, called the Riverman. (That's how Bundy referred to the Green River Killer.) It's questionable how much help he really was, although he did get a few things right, by that point Ridgway was already the number one suspect of many on the task force, they just didn't have the evidence to charge and convict him. It's an interesting read into the mind of Bundy, though.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    DNA did that. Ted was only trying to help to see if it could get himself as far away from old sparky as he could get.

He was correct about some stuff, but a lot of the stuff he said was from his own experience. Which was what the detectives were also interested in. And the rest, like the wating outside of a theater playing a slasher movie was bullshit.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by choozen1ne View Post
    I thought the thing that finally sealed BTK fate was his daughter volunteered DNA trying to prove her father innocence which matched a sample they had
    Thanks a lot, kid.

Dr Phil promoted a show, for today I think, where he is working with a woman who escaped Bundy,
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

I just saw it...the woman supposedly wrote a book called "I Survived Ted Bundy" but when I googled I couldn't find anything...her name is Rhonda something. Not saying it's not true but she's not the first to claim they escaped Bundy or had a close encounter (including the woman who owns the Websleuths website) so I take it with a grain of salt. This Rhonda was allegedly beaten, strangled and raped by Bundy and only escaped because she fell six feet into a river and was swept away from him. ok. She never reported the attack to the police. The only known person who escaped from him was Carol DaRonch and he was convicted of kidnapping her.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Gold Member

Yea, she is full of shit.

Had that happened, there is no way she would've survived.

I am an old user of websleuths but I never did figure out one thing ... what was up between websleuths and webbsleuths? That was when I was most active, when those two sites were at each other's throats but you got banned if it was even mentioned.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread Information