Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Leila Fowler, 8-year-old CA girl, murdered by 12-year-old brother

911 call has been released. Apparently the boy called the parents, told some big ass lies, and then the parents called 911.

911 call released in Leila Fowler murder (audio) | news10.net
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    Sigh. How the fuck do you do that to your own sister?
    Ask Burke Ramsey

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    Stabbing is just like punching, if you're holding a knife. There isn't enough information to know what was going through his mind, if anything. It could have been premeditated, it could have been a rage induced frenzy, he might have mental issues, he might have a history of violence, or he might have just snapped. It may even have begun as an accident and then he felt like he had to stop her from telling so he wouldn't get in trouble. It's all speculation at this point.
    A psychologist was commenting that there was still a lot we don't know about the family background. For example, how much physical or emotional abuse the brother had been exposed to. Because he is a minor and the court records are sealed, there is a lot we won't see for a long time, probably.

Another commenter, a lawyer, said that even if he had been covered with blood from stabbing her, his story would have covered that evidence because he could have said he had tried to hug her or get her to respond after finding her body. However, they were also discussing DNA evidence from him that was found on her body. Because that is so vague, there is way too much that can be read into it at this point.

ETA: I remember reading a long time ago that parents who have one child that kills the other will often believe whatever scenario supports the idea that the surviving child is innocent, or that it was an accident. Basically, because they can't emotionally confront the idea that they have lost not just one child, but two.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Tragic. A stabbing is brutal. I can understand the brother punching her or possibly hitting her with whatever object handy in a fit of rage but to stab her 21 times? No way he did it because he was simply in a fit of anger. Something else is going on there. I can't imagine how the parents feel. To lose both children and to think that their son would do something so inhumane. My heart goes out to them.

I bet they are God-fearing Christians, too.

Charmed Hour likes this.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

I ain't feeding that booger!
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

seriously. this troll isn't even good enough for the minor league.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post

ETA: I remember reading a long time ago that parents who have one child that kills the other will often believe whatever scenario supports the idea that the surviving child is innocent, or that it was an accident. Basically, because they can't emotionally confront the idea that they have lost not just one child, but two.
    I would be that way. Any theory, no matter how unbelievable, would be preferable to thinking your child could do that. I'd pick a scenario and convince myself of it til the end of time. I like to think I'd be noble enough not to stand in the way of justice, but I just don't know. How tragic.

Hit By Ban Bus!

A psychologist was commenting that there was still a lot we don't know about the family background. For example, how much physical or emotional abuse the brother had been exposed to. Because he is a minor and the court records are sealed, there is a lot we won't see for a long time, probably.

Another commenter, a lawyer, said that even if he had been covered with blood from stabbing her, his story would have covered that evidence because he could have said he had tried to hug her or get her to respond after finding her body. However, they were also discussing DNA evidence from him that was found on her body. Because that is so vague, there is way too much that can be read into it at this point.

They have reported that the Sheriff was investigating animal mutilations, which may have been perpetrated by Leila's brother. They cannot charge him as an adult, but he could be sentenced to a juvenile facility until his 23rd birthday. They charged him with second degree murder and not murder in the first. If it is true that he is behind the animal mutilations, the charge might be a mistake. The public, however, does not know the motive behind the stabbing or why the brother did it.

I am hoping Leila didn't die of blood loss and shock because then that means she would have suffered unimaginable pain for a while.

Boy, 12, Denies Murdering Sister, 8; Remains Jailed Without Bail

By Mike Fleeman

06/04/2013 at 04:00 PM EDT

Leila Fowler
    Courtesy Fowler Family

At Juvenile Hall in Placerville, Calif., in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada mountains, a 12-year-old boy gets his schoolwork delivered by guards. He's allowed some exercise. His father visits twice a week.

Otherwise, he has spent most of his time alone in a cell.

The boy, whose name has not been officially released because he's a minor, is charged with fatally stabbing his brown-haired bespectacled 8-year-old sister, Leila Fowler, in a case that stunned the little town of Valley Springs, 50 miles to the south.

At a closed-door session in the Calaveras County court on May 29, he pleaded not guilty to second-degree murder with a special allegation for use of force with a deadly weapon, then was sent to the closest juvenile facility, in bordering El Dorado County, to await his fate the court system.

"Our view of the case hasn't changed, from when we got in," one of his Sacramento-based attorneys, Mark Reichel, told reporters after the proceeding. "We got in believing our client is innocent and as we stand here today, that's what we believe."

Barney Fowler
    Rich Pedroncelli / AP

While in jail, the boy is "holding up okay under the circumstances," Reichel tells PEOPLE. "It's not ideal. He'd much rather be home with his family."

The next hearing isn't until July 31, when his attorneys will seek a trial date. How long the child will remain in Juvenile Hall without bond depends on both legal and personal factors.

"The family is in a state of flux," says his other attorney, Steven Plesser. "They were moving away when this happened. It really has caused quite a lot of chaos in their life. A stable residence for him to be released to isn't really available."

According to court records, the boy's family had financial troubles – his father Barney Fowler, 37, had at least seven children born to four mothers, with five of the children living in the house at the time of Leila's killing, The Record of Stockton reports.

Records also show a dispute over visitation and child support between Barney Fowler and the mother of Leila and her brother; the mother does not live with them, The Record reports.

Leila and her brother were in the rental home on a Saturday in April while the adults were at a Little League game when Leila was stabbed multiple times. The boy told police that he had discovered his mortally wounded sister and then described the possible killer as a muscular white or Hispanic man with long, gray hair.

Mark Reichel and Steven Plesser
    Rich Pedroncelli / AP

An intensive manhunt of the remote hilly region left residents fearful and prompted authorities to set up a roadblock, allowing only people with proper identification in and out of Spring Valley.

At a vigil for Leila, several family members spoke, including her brother. "I'm not saying goodbye to Leila," he said. "I'm saying 'See you later.' There are no goodbyes."

Two weeks after the attack, the brother was arrested. Prosecutors have not revealed the evidence against him. Under state law, no child under 14 may be tried as an adult. No matter what happens, the boy must be released from incarceration by age 23.

In the meantime, his father, who retained the attorneys, goes to Placerville, a historic gold country community, to see his son during the regular twice-weekly visitation sessions.

"He's devastated at the loss of his daughter and he's really concerned about the circumstances of his son," says Plesser. "He loves all of his children and he's very concerned about what's going to happen with his son next, too. He's still mourning the loss of his daughter very much."
    Leila Fowler Murder: Brother Remains Jailed Without Bail : People.com
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

According to court records, the boy's family had financial troubles – his father Barney Fowler, 37, had at least seven children born to four mothers, with five of the children living in the house at the time of Leila's killing, The Record of Stockton reports.
    "He's devastated at the loss of his daughter and he's really concerned about the circumstances of his son," says Plesser. "He loves all of his children and he's very concerned about what's going to happen with his son next, too. He's still mourning the loss of his daughter very much."
    I'd like to hear that he's also considering a vasectomy at this point.

"Our view of the case hasn't changed, from when we got in," one of his Sacramento-based attorneys, Mark Reichel, told reporters after the proceeding. "We got in believing our client is innocent and as we stand here today, that's what we believe."
    As opposed to, "We now believe our client is guilty, but we are going to defend him anyway."

I'd like to hear that he's also considering a vasectomy at this point.

or the Costco sized box of condoms at the very least.
    MohandasKGanja likes this.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information