Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Leila Fowler, 8-year-old CA girl, murdered by 12-year-old brother

From what I've read, the neighbor gave the same description of the fleeing stranger as the brother did. Two optical illusions? Something smells funny.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

It wasn't the exact same description.

I found the pictures of the memorial creepy, everyone was crying but the 12 yr old had a slight smirk on his face in one if them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    The cops probably DID suspect the brother all along... BUT a neighbor had claimed to have seen the "bushy haired stranger" fleeing the area. When you have morons with some insane need to be part of shit like this and to be interviewed by the media or cops, it makes things much harder. The cops had an "eyewitness" claiming to have seen the murderer fleeing the scene... they had to wait for their credible witness to recant. I will never understand people like that.
    That is an awesome observation and totally makes sense. Wow, what one knucklehead can do to an investigation....

I've been reading about this too. My only child is right around their ages. I just can't imagine.

The article I read last night (sorry, can't remember where) said the coroner determined she died from shock and blood loss, which tore me apart because that means she was alive for at least a little while after the attack and I just kept envisioning this poor little girl pleading for her brother's help after he just stabbed the hell out of her. I really, really hope the article that was posted here was more correct and she died from fatal stab wounds (which would lead me to believe she died relatively quickly) ... the other way is just too much to bear, especially for her and her parents.

^ No, unfortunately, going by what I've read she didn't die instantly. What a monster this boy is. I wonder if he'll ever say why he did it?

I have a theory, and yes its just my own feeling. But I've read on other blogs that the stepmother in this blended family was obviously trying to take over completely and push bio-mom out of the picture. If you look at stepmom's facebook you can see what I mean. Dad got full custody and no one knows why and there was still a custody battle going on. Biomom was at the vigil but was banned from the funeral. I'm getting a VERY LeMann "the ex-wife must not exist because I AM EVERYTHING" vibe from the stepmom and I think at that age, 12, being so angry and with hormones rushing he may have snapped. Now why he would take it out on the little girl is another story, but I believe the family dynamic was what filled him with rage.

Again, JMO from reading around and seeing parallels with the LeMann thread I read daily.
    Kittylady likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

^^^ Oh, wow. I can't believe they BANNED the bio-mom from the funeral of her daughter. Was there a court order or did she just not push it? How can you ban her from saying goodbye to her daughter? I wonder what the story is behind the custody battle ...

Quote Originally Posted by Sarzy View Post
    ^ No, unfortunately, going by what I've read she didn't die instantly. What a monster this boy is. I wonder if he'll ever say why he did it?
    OMG, that is not what I hoped happened. It just guts me to think of her laying there, dying slowly and painfully, with only her murderer there to ask for help.

If it's any comfort, being in shock means she probably wasn't feeling much at that point. It shuts off emotions too. No fear.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

This was also an episode of Private Practice. Whatever the family dynamic this just sucks.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

It is a little comfort. I've been in shock once, but I honestly have no recollection of it and only very limited (and in weird slow motion replay) memory of the injury that triggered it (car accident). It amazes me how the brain just takes over to protect the body. I'm just having a hard time with the excessive stabbing and that she's so close in age to my own kid. I just can't imagine what I would do if something ever happened to him. I really, really hope it was quick for her, the death and the attack. I can't imagine how long it takes to stab someone 20-something times or how long it would take for shock to kick in after. It's just an awful, awful story and I really hope they find the root of whatever made him turn so violently on his sister .... he's only 12 and will probably be free at 18. Hopefully he gets whatever mental health care he needs before being released back into the world.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

I'm terrible but thought, dun dun duuuuun; a plot by evil step mother to get both kids out of the picture.
    McJag and hustle4alivin like this.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

^ The Sixth Sense!
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Just freaking sad. What must be in your mind to stab your sibling? I mean sure I punched mine and all that jazz but never once did it cross my mind to freaking stab anyone.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Stabbing is just like punching, if you're holding a knife. There isn't enough information to know what was going through his mind, if anything. It could have been premeditated, it could have been a rage induced frenzy, he might have mental issues, he might have a history of violence, or he might have just snapped. It may even have begun as an accident and then he felt like he had to stop her from telling so he wouldn't get in trouble. It's all speculation at this point.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

I don't think the stepmother is evil per se, she seems to be good to the kids. But initially she told the cops and the press that she would like to be referred to as the mother, even though the kids have a mother. Plus, once the real mother got into town that's when the stepmom started going a bit nuts on facebook.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information