Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 52
Like Tree157Likes

Thread: Last Video of NYC Jogger Moments Before Murder

  1. #31
    Silver Member misrule's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    in a constant state of fluxus
    Posts
    605

    Default

    I have a lot of facial scars, that also go across my chest. If im self concious, i wear Foundation and makeup to try and cover it. Other days i go out barefaced. Its from a massive allergy to insect bites, chicken pox and just generally rotten skin. The guy asked if i liked to be burned with wax or cigarettes.

    Now that im post acdf with a massive neck scar across my throat, i have run out of fucks to give about it :-) and im hoping it makes me look hardcore and unfuckwithable. Lol. And nowadays the guy would get a swift kick in the balls early on in the interaction.

  2. #32
    Elite Member faithanne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    On the Hellmouth
    Posts
    12,425

    Default

    Men go jogging all the time with their shirts off, but it's her fault for wearing a bra top. FFS.
    Brah, gas_chick, greysfang and 3 others like this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."



  3. #33
    Elite Member Witchywoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    vat of chocolate
    Posts
    4,071

    Default

    msrule Im so sorry to hear that this happened to you as well and that my post upset you.

    Shellee Yes I do believe what I was wearing caught his attention if I had walked in in overalls I don't think he would have noticed me. These guys are sick slime balls they rape for many different reasons. Thank you for your kindness, your caring words mean so much to me.

  4. #34
    Elite Member Witchywoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    vat of chocolate
    Posts
    4,071

    Default

    Faithanne what does a man have on his chest that would interest another man? Again its not the victims fault Im talking about being more cautious. I never said she was raped because of this or that I was offering to you what I have learned in these self defense classes. Caution is needed now more than ever for many different reasons. In a perfect world we can live and breathe however we want, but the world isnt perfect.

  5. #35
    Silver Member misrule's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    in a constant state of fluxus
    Posts
    605

    Default

    Hi witchywoman, i am very sorry for what you have been through, and i am very sorry you feel that you somehow played a role in your own attack.
    You didn't. This perv was brazen enough to try shit on in the middle of the day in public? He was waiting for an opportunity. I truly believe you were more likely targeted for being in the right place at the right time (for him) rather than what you were wearing. But i wasn't there so i don't know for sure.

    I just don't understand how the onus is not placed on the sickness of the perpetrator - it is disgusting to think they have that sort of power and control that by comitting a crime, the shaming of the victim is almost inbuilt. They know this. And by highlighting the what i truly believe to be the minority of sexual assault cases where the victim may have been attracctive, dressed however, had long hair, whatever is such a false equivalency. There are so many instances where this is not the case it throws the argument out the door.

    Again, i am so sorry for what you went through. But it had nothing to do with what you wore, and everything to do with the sick fuck who attacked you.
    ManxMouse, czb and holly like this.

  6. #36
    Super Moderator twitchy2.0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Milliways
    Posts
    53,903

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Witchywoman View Post
    I've done my research.....and yes I was wearing a tight sweater dress and very high heels. I felt something was wrong and I took off my heels right away
    Research would tell you that women can be attacked regardless of what they are wearing. If you have uncovered evidence to the contrary, I'd love to see it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Witchywoman View Post
    If you want to go out with your breasts a bouncing, your nipples reaching for the sky with your buns showing, well that's what hookers do to attract johns. Give it some thought.
    I have, and you're wrong. I don't know what you paid for the self defense classes, but I think you got ripped off.

    If your breasts are bouncing and your "nipples reaching for the sky," you may also want to upgrade your sports bra.
    gas_chick and C_is_for_Cookie like this.

    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

    -- Stephen Hawking

  7. #37
    Elite Member Witchywoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    vat of chocolate
    Posts
    4,071

    Default

    I agree with you Twitchy, yes plenty of overwhelming evidence that men rape for many different reasons. In your classes they never addressed the safe ways of jogging?? I live in Southern California if you're trail running you also have to consider mountain lions, bear, rattle snakes, coyotes. For a woman jogging by herself is a serious decision. A ponytail is a quick way to be taken down, wearing ear buds, no pepper spray type of protection, even a rape whistle around your neck is something, we know better nowadays.

    My breasts are fine with or without a sports bra.

  8. #38
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3,218

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brah View Post
    You can't do anything without the worry of something like this happening. I went on a little hike on a trail alone a couple of yeas ago, and thought "this is great I need to do this more often," and sure enough, on my way back to my car there was a nude man masturbating to women passing by. I've never been able to go on a trail since, since I never had another person interested in goingand I obviously am top fearful to go alone now. It's horrible, the threat of harm and death you worry about just from being a woman.
    The fuck? That is awful.

    I used to hike by myself all the time, until I ran into a moose on the trail (almost literally - I rounded the curve and almost walked smack into him. I didn't even know there were moose in Colorado until then.) I decided that being out in the woods alone probably wasn't such a good idea. Fortunately I didn't run into any people who were harmful, but I certainly could have.

    Why can't people just leave other people the hell alone?
    Witchywoman likes this.

  9. #39
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3,218

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Witchywoman View Post
    I was hoping my post would shed some light on what not to do not place blame on the victim. I've taken my blinders off since the last self defense class. I can't say much more than what I have already said. Wearing a bra like top and short tight pants are not necessary to jog. I have been attacked in an elevator and I've done my research.....and yes I was wearing a tight sweater dress and very high heels. I felt something was wrong and I took off my heels right away and he went into attack mode and I was able to scratch his face with my heels, I couldn't believe how fast he got me down and pulled down my pantyhose. The door opened and I rolled out screaming. This happened in the middle of the day in the elevator that I took every day to get to my job. That was a very long time ago. This can happen to anyone at anytime wearing anything but there are precautions a woman should take. If you want to go out with your breasts a bouncing, your nipples reaching for the sky with your buns showing, well that's what hookers do to attract johns. Give it some thought.
    God, that is an awful thing to have happen.

    And I do see your point that you don't want to make things easier for a criminal, but I think what gets my goat is that so much emphasis is put on the potential victim to do this or not do that, when the message should be "don't rape and murder people or we will put you under the jail."

  10. #40
    Elite Member Witchywoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    vat of chocolate
    Posts
    4,071

    Default

    Thanks Stellaaaaaaaaa, love that name. The Blue is a great touch too.

    The rapists are sick sick slime of the earth, jail time? they don't think theyre going to get caught.. I was just faced with reality and that this world can be horrible and its been especially horrible for many years. I didnt want so much emphasis put on the clothing its a small part of it all.

  11. #41
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3,218

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Witchywoman View Post
    Thanks Stellaaaaaaaaa, love that name. The Blue is a great touch too.

    The rapists are sick sick slime of the earth, jail time? they don't think theyre going to get caught.. I was just faced with reality and that this world can be horrible and its been especially horrible for many years. I didnt want so much emphasis put on the clothing its a small part of it all.
    I think the basic message we get is "don't be a woman". And they're right - they won't be caught, because on the off chance that they are, so much mud will be thrown at the victim that either they are terrified to press charges or will be written off in court as a floozy who deserved it if they dare to be anything but a nun. We've got a very long way to go and I can't help but wonder if the fact that women actually have earned some autonomy in the world doesn't piss off a certain contingent that wants to put us back where they think we belong. I like to think this is the dying gasp of the patriarchy, but I fear that it's not and that we'll keep having to put up with this bullshit forever.

  12. #42
    Elite Member Sarzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    England
    Posts
    13,942

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Witchywoman View Post
    I was hoping my post would shed some light on what not to do not place blame on the victim. I've taken my blinders off since the last self defense class. I can't say much more than what I have already said. Wearing a bra like top and short tight pants are not necessary to jog. I have been attacked in an elevator and I've done my research.....and yes I was wearing a tight sweater dress and very high heels. I felt something was wrong and I took off my heels right away and he went into attack mode and I was able to scratch his face with my heels, I couldn't believe how fast he got me down and pulled down my pantyhose. The door opened and I rolled out screaming. This happened in the middle of the day in the elevator that I took every day to get to my job. That was a very long time ago. This can happen to anyone at anytime wearing anything but there are precautions a woman should take. If you want to go out with your breasts a bouncing, your nipples reaching for the sky with your buns showing, well that's what hookers do to attract johns. Give it some thought.

    Wow. What a disgusting thing to say.
    twitchy2.0 and greysfang like this.

  13. #43
    Elite Member Ravenna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    7,911

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Witchywoman View Post
    I was hoping my post would shed some light on what not to do not place blame on the victim. I've taken my blinders off since the last self defense class. I can't say much more than what I have already said. Wearing a bra like top and short tight pants are not necessary to jog. I have been attacked in an elevator and I've done my research.....and yes I was wearing a tight sweater dress and very high heels. I felt something was wrong and I took off my heels right away and he went into attack mode and I was able to scratch his face with my heels, I couldn't believe how fast he got me down and pulled down my pantyhose. The door opened and I rolled out screaming. This happened in the middle of the day in the elevator that I took every day to get to my job. That was a very long time ago. This can happen to anyone at anytime wearing anything but there are precautions a woman should take. If you want to go out with your breasts a bouncing, your nipples reaching for the sky with your buns showing, well that's what hookers do to attract johns. Give it some thought.
    Perhaps you should give some thought to what you are saying. This poor woman was attacked because she happened to be in the same place at the same time as this evil lowlife when he wanted to attack someone. It's as simple as that. You are implying that this jogger, who was wearing clothes comfortable for jogging, invited a deadly assault in the same way as a prostitute invites sex. That is disgusting. Shaming a murder victim for what she was wearing is disgusting.
    Last edited by Ravenna; September 29th, 2016 at 10:17 AM.
    greysfang, holly and twitchy2.0 like this.

  14. #44
    Elite Member Brah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    7,835

    Default

    To mirror Faithanne's point---why aren't men shamed for jogging shirtless and in tight fitting or short jogging shorts? Why are their bodies so less sexualized than women's, to where they can do and wear anythingand it's fine, but a woman has to worry about looking as though she'd 'deserve' anything that happens to her? And to say that a dude isn't going to be turned on by another shirtless dude jogging --- forgetting that there are def men who would be, rape isn't about being so turned on that you just have to assault a woman; it's about power, and probably hatred. He killed her! Does wearing a sports bra to jog mean he just was so overwhelmed with desire he had to kill her? That guy who was masturbating to women on the trail I was on---I was wearing basketball shorts and a big t shirt, and other women walking by were in trousers and blouses. Was he jerking off because those women dared wear their new kaftan from Kohls? No, he was jerking off because he's a disgusting pervert. Rape is the fault of no one but the rapist. Women shouldn't have to dress like sister wives so that we don't get murdered (which, remember the Quiverfull guy who just got convicted of rape? None of those women were in sports bras, I'm sure)

    Idk. Women in nursing homes get raped, children get raped, women in sweat pants get raped... the reason is because rapists are hateful and disgusting, not because of a sports bra. God, this poor woman is dead... don't blame her "nipples reaching for the sky and dressing for a john."

  15. #45
    Elite Member gas_chick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    35,112

    Default

    Women get raped sleeping in their own beds where someone has no freaking clue what they are wearing.

    She was totally wearing something that I wear every single time I jog. She got attacked because the attacker is a sick fuck who saw an opportunity because there wasn't anyone around.
    holly and twitchy2.0 like this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 25
    Last Post: April 10th, 2015, 10:23 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: January 14th, 2010, 01:23 AM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: August 5th, 2008, 12:22 PM
  4. Jogger Attacked By Pit Bulls
    By Sojiita in forum News
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: September 29th, 2006, 05:11 PM
  5. Alligator stalks jogger, then eats her.
    By Grimmlok in forum News
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: May 19th, 2006, 07:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •