Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree157Likes

Thread: Last Video of NYC Jogger Moments Before Murder

Quote Originally Posted by kasippu View Post
    Nooooo, poor man! to find your daughter like that.
    It's hard to process - I almost think I would kill myself on the spot if I had been in that situation.

I'm already a believer in capital punishment, but a guy who would attack and break out a woman's teeth and THEN sexually assault her. And then kill her. I would have him tied to the pavement and have a steam roller go over him, feet first, at about half a mile an hour. And revive him ever couple of minutes in case he passed out.
    sprynkles, a31cefiro and KrisNine like this.

The other video was taken down but this one is a bit more in depth. I didn't realize how remote the path was she was jogging on. She was found at the bottom turn on the right, closest to the water and that clump of trees. I can see why they're having trouble getting witnesses. I just hope all this publicity helps them to find the murderer.

My heart breaks for the family. The video is a perfect example of what not to do. I've taken 2 self defense classes, as a young woman she did not take any precautions. It's so sad the father was unable to jog with her that morning, without him she should have taken a public route. We all should consider our safety when we go anywhere nowadays, it's a shame but it's reality. The ponytail, the ear pods, the usual jogging trail and the outfit were all unfortunate choices. In no way am I blaming her, Im just stating facts, it can be a very ugly world and we have to think twice before we interact with it. The classes I took really opened my eyes to everything women do and if the wrong person is watching it could cost us our lives. Just hiking with my dogs I take a club, but weapons are useless if it's a surprise attack....my dogs are smart but they are only Shelties and can't do much for themselves let alone me. Old women have to be careful as well and not be foolish and we have to teach our children how to stay safe.
    Last edited by Witchywoman; September 25th, 2016 at 10:50 PM.

This makes me sick. All these assholes who think they can just wipe a woman's life out.

Yes just sickening. So awful.
    I saw DEATH, an anorexic penguin, an overcooked Gollum, Mr. Burns in need of a haircut and a methed-up Riff Raff.--Michael K. on Phil Spector

You can't do anything without the worry of something like this happening. I went on a little hike on a trail alone a couple of yeas ago, and thought "this is great I need to do this more often," and sure enough, on my way back to my car there was a nude man masturbating to women passing by. I've never been able to go on a trail since, since I never had another person interested in goingand I obviously am top fearful to go alone now. It's horrible, the threat of harm and death you worry about just from being a woman.
    C_is_for_Cookie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchywoman View Post
    My heart breaks for the family. The video is a perfect example of what not to do. I've taken 2 self defense classes, as a young woman she did not take any precautions. It's so sad the father was unable to jog with her that morning, without him she should have taken a public route. We all should consider our safety when we go anywhere nowadays, it's a shame but it's reality. The ponytail, the ear pods, the usual jogging trail and the outfit were all unfortunate choices. In no way am I blaming her, Im just stating facts, it can be a very ugly world and we have to think twice before we interact with it. The classes I took really opened my eyes to everything women do and if the wrong person is watching it could cost us our lives. Just hiking with my dogs I take a club, but weapons are useless if it's a surprise attack....my dogs are smart but they are only Shelties and can't do much for themselves let alone me. Old women have to be careful as well and not be foolish and we have to teach our children how to stay safe.
    I know that you aren't intentionally blaming the victim, but statements about what she's wearing and her hair do, in a roundabout way, blame the victim. The whole thing about wearing a ponytail is a myth. I know in the 90's there was some guy claiming that ponytails, overalls, backpacks, etc. were all way to grab a victim and pull her away. Long hair of any type would do the same thing. I also think she thought by jogging in broad daylight that she was doing the safe thing. The trail may seem to be off the beaten path, but I've read that it's typically packed with joggers, walkers, women with strollers, and all sorts of people exercising. So, naturally she would think it's a pretty safe place to be. I do agree, in part, to the earbud thing. I don't think anyone should walk or run (man or woman) with them completely covering both ears. We had a guy here get robbed on a trail (for his cellphone) and he said he didn't hear a thing because of the earbuds.

I just don't think there's anyone to blame here except for one person, the person who murdered this poor woman. She took every reasonable precaution. I read stories every day of women being attacked in normally safe areas. I agree with you, brah, sometimes it's just the threat of harm and death just from being a woman. We can't let that hold us back from everything.
    Last edited by KrisNine; September 26th, 2016 at 03:53 PM. Reason: spelling
    witchcurlgirl, Brah, Sarzy and 4 others like this.

^ Agree. I hate that what she's wearing, doing or not doing is even mentioned to be honest. Women can't breathe without something about them being judged. So tiring.

After logging hundreds of hours of Forensic Files time (yes, I am so pathetic I have listened to the same episodes 10 times on my Sirius receiver), my conclusion is that it has very little to do with what she wore, and everything to do with opportunity. Time and again, some evil creep has hung out in a park, just waiting to pounce on someone, regardless of what they were wearing at the time.
    Sarzy, Brah, OrangeSlice and 6 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    After logging hundreds of hours of Forensic Files time (yes, I am so pathetic I have listened to the same episodes 10 times on my Sirius receiver).
    Thank goodness I'm not the only one who does that.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

There are many myths surrounding self defense. Sure, someone can grab a ponytail, but someone can also grab your arm, and I don't necessarily recommend being a double amputee when jogging. Having someone grab a ponytail still leaves you with a great deal of mobility while tying up one of the attacker's hands.

Her clothing is perfectly appropriate to her activity.
    Brah, anad and C_is_for_Cookie like this.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

I was hoping my post would shed some light on what not to do not place blame on the victim. I've taken my blinders off since the last self defense class. I can't say much more than what I have already said. Wearing a bra like top and short tight pants are not necessary to jog. I have been attacked in an elevator and I've done my research.....and yes I was wearing a tight sweater dress and very high heels. I felt something was wrong and I took off my heels right away and he went into attack mode and I was able to scratch his face with my heels, I couldn't believe how fast he got me down and pulled down my pantyhose. The door opened and I rolled out screaming. This happened in the middle of the day in the elevator that I took every day to get to my job. That was a very long time ago. This can happen to anyone at anytime wearing anything but there are precautions a woman should take. If you want to go out with your breasts a bouncing, your nipples reaching for the sky with your buns showing, well that's what hookers do to attract johns. Give it some thought.

Are you fucking serious? So, had you not been wearing a tight sweater and high heels, you would not have been attacked in the elevator? Is your alter ego Suzy?
    gas_chick, greysfang, czb and 2 others like this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Yeah, that post really upsets me.

I was sexually assulted, in jeans, long shirt and sneakers, on a train at peak hour, because some perv was turned on by my scars. The tittillation of daring to go out in public not covering my scars with makeup, i know, it was risky.

Literally passing out from terror, obviously was also a mistake and sent the wrong signals not only to my attacker but the other passengers on the train. Despite a loud, ringing 'no, go away, fuck off and leave me alone, creep' my actions let me down.

Running in the opposite direction as soon as i regained conciousness was clearly just rude, and i deserved to be chased down. Why would i wear sneakers if i didn't want some action?

There is absolutley nothing a woman does to invite an assault. It is attitudes like yours that let men justify their behaviour with the old 'asking for it' chestnut. Just stop already.
    anad, gas_chick, greysfang and 5 others like this.

Wow, I'm so sorry you had to go through that. What do you mean by not
    covering your scars?
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information