Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Kidnapped child found 8 years later. So much WTF.

Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post
    Honestly, it sounds to me like this "Krystle Tanner" woman had someone on the inside helping her. One or two of these mishaps is believable. But this really seems like someone went out of their way to sweep it under the rug. I will not be surprised if it comes out that someone who worked for or with the police was involved or associated with the kidnapper.
    my thoughts exactly.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

I think the story goes this woman, the child's ACTUAL mother, was 18, and had 4 other kids... (do the math)

Stories are coming out that she refused to cooperate with police, as did the Tanner family (duh) & they didnt really pursue it. And then it dropped off the database... odd, no?
    Sugar... The real gateway drug

It shouldn't matter if his bio family was crap(and at this point, who knows if that is all true, partly true or made up as a defense), the cops still need to do their job. You'd think if she had refused to cooperate with the police, that would have made them even more concerned about the well being of that baby. I sure as hell hope every officer involved in that case is investigated.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

^ Not disagreeing. The person who opted to take the kid off the missing persons database definitely needs to be investigated. I'm not sure how that works, but could someone claiming to be the child's mother call & say he was returned? Do the police have to verify it is said child?

Just to throw this out there, what if the bio family gave the kid to her? Or they themselves just didnt want to look anymore? I just think the whole circumstance is questionable...

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    Mel?
    What? Are Houston cops assholes to anyone that doesn't kiss their ever-loving ass? you're fucking a, they are! the cops, the constables - all of 'em. And I DO hate to generalize, but IF there's a good fucking cop in this area, I ain't met him/her!
    Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    I think (through Mel would really know) the Houston cops are an equal opportunity shafter. No one is safe from their bad boy behavior.
    No one is safe. Fuckers!
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Kill Me View Post
    I would know too, geez, just because I moved don't count me out.
    Posted from my iPhone
    Go ahead and sound off, I've never had a good experience with any of them. Nor do I want to have - the less contact I have with all those fucks, the better!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    It's going to be quite an adjustment for this kid; he doesn't know this family in the least, even if they are his real relatives. They don't know him. He's never been to school; gotta wonder about his social skills. Sad all around, but he's young and still has every chance in the world of beating these odds.
    Yes, and that is tragic. His family may love him (and I'm sure they do) but he doesn't know them. No telling what he's been told - all he knows is him mom is going to jail.
    Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    It shouldn't matter if his bio family was crap(and at this point, who knows if that is all true, partly true or made up as a defense), the cops still need to do their job. You'd think if she had refused to cooperate with the police, that would have made them even more concerned about the well being of that baby. I sure as hell hope every officer involved in that case is investigated.
    agree.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Miguel Morin, Texas Boy Kidnapped 8 Years Ago Now Seeing Parents
    By JUAN A. LOZANO 09/12/12 03:53 PM ET

In this March 15, 2012 file photo, Auboni Champion Morin and Fernando Morin whose son Miguel was found in March after being kidnapped as an infant eight years ago wait, outside a juvenile courtroom, in Houston.

HOUSTON -- A Texas boy who was found in March after having been kidnapped eight years ago as an infant has begun getting to know his parents through weekly joint therapy sessions with them, attorneys and child welfare officials said Wednesday.

The attorneys said they hope this is another step that will eventually lead the boy to be permanently reunited with his parents. Authorities allege Miguel Morin, now 8, was taken as an infant, and his baby sitter and her mother remain jailed on kidnapping charges.

State District Judge Mike Schneider ordered after a court hearing Wednesday that the boy remain in foster care until the next court hearing on Jan. 9.

William Thursland, a court appointed attorney for Miguel, said the boy has been told who his biological parents are and the joint therapy sessions that began about a month ago are being used as a way for the boy and his parents to get to know each other.

"It's just barely begun so he's cautious," Thursland said. "It's going well but it's just going to take time."

Auboni Champion-Morin and Fernando Morin, Miguel's parents, who live in Houston and are both 29, declined to comment after Wednesday's hearing.

Mark Cooper, Fernando Morin's attorney, said Miguel is being carefully reintroduced to the "real people in his life."

"It's going gently and slowly and appropriately and progress is being made and it looks good," he said.

Champion-Morin's attorney, Itze Soliz-Matthews, said the joint therapy sessions were going "very well."

All attorneys in the case declined to offer more details about the therapy sessions.

The boy has been in foster care since authorities found him in March living in East Texas with Krystle Tanner, who had been Miguel's baby sitter in Houston. Investigators believe she kidnapped the boy in 2004 when he was just 8 months old and concealed his identity for years.

Tanner and her mother, Gloria Walker, each have been charged with kidnapping and injury to a child. They have pleaded not guilty and remain jailed in San Augustine, about 140 miles northeast of Houston.

Estella Olguin, a spokeswoman for Child Protective Services in Houston, said the goal remains to reunite Miguel with his parents.

She said while it was unusual that about five months passed after Miguel was found before he was allowed to meet with his parents, that came at the recommendation of his therapist due in part to the unusual circumstances of the case.

"We wanted to do what was in the best interest of Miguel and make the transition smooth and less traumatic for him," Olguin said.

Miguel was expected by the end of the month to start meeting, in a therapeutic setting, with his four siblings, who are living with Juanita and Joseph Aguillard, a Houston couple who have been taking care of the Morins' other children under an agreement between the couples.

His siblings "can't wait to see him," said Joseph Aguillard.

Olguin said when authorities found Miguel, he had never gone to school, was unable to read or write and functioned at a level below kindergarten. Now with additional help he has received, including once a week tutoring, he has caught up and is now attending second grade.

"He is doing really remarkably. He's really a great little man," she said.

Miguel Morin, Texas Boy Kidnapped 8 Years Ago Now Seeing Parents

I still want to know if police heads are going to roll and how they managed to screw up so badly. Too bad investigative journalism doesn't exist.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Wow...caught up to a second grade level already? That's amazing!

I wonder why this couple's other children aren't living with them(?)
    Seapharris7 likes this.
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

^^ I wondered that, too. It says they have an "arrangement" with the other couple. Very odd. I wonder if there was an arrangement with this other woman only she took off with the baby.

yeah, there's something really fishy with his family of origin. It's interesting that the kid's been in foster care since he was located, instead of with his parents. Parents' rights and reunifying the family would ordinarily trump everything else in a situation like this....leads me to believe the home is a terribad environment or there's some other sinister type shit with regard to the other kids.
    Seapharris7 likes this.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

Quote Originally Posted by ManxMouse View Post
    yeah, there's something really fishy with his family of origin. It's interesting that the kid's been in foster care since he was located, instead of with his parents. Parents' rights and reunifying the family would ordinarily trump everything else in a situation like this....leads me to believe the home is a terribad environment or there's some other sinister type shit with regard to the other kids.

What I've been saying ALL ALONG... breeder mom had 4 damn kids + this "missing one" at age 18... Does no one question that?!? She didnt cooperate with the police, which leads me to believe 1} She was OK with said kid gone or 2} She may have even paid to have said kid off her hands.
    She's a dumbass BREEDER who cant use birth control or clean her god damn house... But people scolded me for calling her out...

Normal moms would stop at NOTHING to blow up the PD locally over a missing child. This one went off the radar? Mom didnt find it unusual?!? Or CARE?

Quote Originally Posted by Seapharris7 View Post
    What I've been saying ALL ALONG... breeder mom had 4 damn kids + this "missing one" at age 18... Does no one question that?!? She didnt cooperate with the police, which leads me to believe 1} She was OK with said kid gone or 2} She may have even paid to have said kid off her hands.
    She's a dumbass BREEDER who cant use birth control or clean her god damn house... But people scolded me for calling her out...

Normal moms would stop at NOTHING to blow up the PD locally over a missing child. This one went off the radar? Mom didnt find it unusual?!? Or CARE?
    The new article places her age at 29- 21 when missing/found child was born. Having 4 kids at 21, while unusual, doesn't make her a "dumb breeder".

I'm not saying the whole case doesn't stink to high heaven. But I do think having the child in foster care while being introduced to his parents is a fantastic move. You can't just throw the poor little guy right into a home full of strangers.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed Hour View Post
    The new article places her age at 29- 21 when missing/found child was born. Having 4 kids at 21, while unusual, doesn't make her a "dumb breeder".

I'm not saying the whole case doesn't stink to high heaven. But I do think having the child in foster care while being introduced to his parents is a fantastic move. You can't just throw the poor little guy right into a home full of strangers.
    Isn't that what foster care is?
    ManxMouse likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Yes but I'm guessing there's a difference between telling a child that "these people are going to look after you for a while" in the foster care situation versus the total confusion that would result from being suddenly told that a group of strangers is your real family and that everything you know is wrong. I can see that a more gradual introduction would probably be less of a shock.

-- Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Isn't that what foster care is?
    Yes but the foster care situation should be temporary while he's reintroduced to his family.

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    Yes but I'm guessing there's a difference between telling a child that "these people are going to look after you for a while" in the foster care situation versus the total confusion that would result from being suddenly told that a group of strangers is your real family and that everything you know is wrong. I can see that a more gradual introduction would probably be less of a shock.
    This.

Except that the parents have the RIGHT to have the kid in their home -- unless they don't want him there or there is something else afoot -- and the judge ordered him into foster care. Perhaps the parents agree with the idea that foster care is better for him right now, and that's why the order was entered. But their other four kids don't live with them, either! So what's that all about?
    Seapharris7 likes this.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information