Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree458Likes

Thread: Jussie Smollett from Empire Beaten and Hospitalized in MAGA Attack

I imagine Chief Eddie, wearing his $3700 Lynx Coat interrogating that Alley-cat-coat wearing’, hush-puppy shoe wearing’ Crumb-Cake Jussie!

Here is what I overheard Chief Oran Juice Johnson tell Jussie in the interrogation room:

That's right, now sit down here Jussie
    Sit down here
    So upset with you I don't know what to do
    'n' my first impulse was to run up on you
    And do a Rambo!

That's right, what was you thinking about, huh?
    What were you tryin' to prove, huh?
    You's with the Chief Eddie Juice!
    'n' I gave you silk suits, Gucci handbags, blue diamonds
    I gave you things you couldn't even pronounce
    Now I can't give you nothin' but advice
    Cause you're still young
    That's right, you're still young
    I hope you learn a valuable lesson from all this
    You know?

Gonna find someone like me one of these days
    Until then, know what you gotta do?
    You gotta get on outta here with that
    Alley-cat-coat wearin'
    Hush-puppy-shoe-wearing'
    Crumb cake I saw you with
    Cause you dismissed
    That's right, silly rabbit
    Tricks are made for kids, don't you know that?
    You without me: like cornflake without the milk
    It's my world--you just a squirrel, tryin' to get a nut
    Now get on outta here
    Ah!
    Don't touch that coat!!
    Last edited by Sunnygirl; February 21st, 2019 at 06:29 PM.
    Waterslide and holly like this.
    Until the end of time. I'll be there for you. You own my heart and mind. I truly adore you
    -Prince Rogers Nelson

Super interesting article on what might drive a person to fake a hate crime, etc
    https://www.thecut.com/2019/02/why-w...ate-crime.html
    Last edited by sputnik; February 21st, 2019 at 09:04 PM.
    Waterslide and Trixie like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    Super interesting article on what might drive a person to fake a hate crime, etc
    https://www.thecut.com/2019/02/why-w...ate-crime.html
    Very interesting read. I know nothing about Jussie (obviously), but would love to know what drove him to this.

There is a part of the article where they mention that sometimes people invent being drug addicts basically to have some street cred in certain circles and I have actually seen people do that, especially in high school. Some kids would exaggerate or invent stories about how fucked up their home life was almost like they were competing with kids who really did have busted up or fucked up homes.

I guess I can understand wanting attention, or wanting to be a hero or martyr, or even to fit in as some kind of hard ass social justice warrior, but it's still hard to believe he thought he could get away with this. Has he never watched one episode of CSI? I mean, the mail fraud, the writing of checks, the Ubers. That's just dumb. And then when I watched the clip of the police chief talking about using that symbol of the noose - it wasn't so much his words, but the look on his face that made you realize how seriously he was taking these charges.

Anyway, I read somewhere (maybe here?) that Jussie has a history of lying to police and doing questionable things, so I do wonder if there is a personality disorder at work here, as is mentioned in the article.
    LaFolie likes this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

^^^ Yes, he was pulled over for DUI and other related charges and gave his younger brother's name to the police. He also signed a police statement with his younger brother's name. This was, IIRC, in the late 2000s.
    We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.

This was so damn funny, I’m sorry I know this situation is serious but Charles Barkley just tells it like it is while on a panel for the NBA....

Two ridiculous (NBA) predictions with no chance of happening - Charles: “Two black guys beating a black guy up?”

”America, don’t commit crimes by check! Use cash!”

joebob likes this.
    Until the end of time. I'll be there for you. You own my heart and mind. I truly adore you
    -Prince Rogers Nelson

I still can't believe he wrote them a check. I made a joke about it somewhere in this thread when they said they had evidence (what did he do, write them a check, and put "for staged attack" in the memo section?)

He really didn't think this thing through, did he?
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    I still can't believe he wrote them a check. I made a joke about it somewhere in this thread when they said they had evidence (what did he do, write them a check, and put "for staged attack" in the memo section?)

He really didn't think this thing through, did he?
    Hubris.
    holly likes this.

Breaking news: Jussie Smollett removed from this season of Empire. No confirmation of him getting offically fired.
    fgg, A*O and Sarzy like this.
    -Prince Rogers Nelson

^ I heard there are only two episodes left to film, so he's out of them. They are probably holding off on officially firing him until they see the ongoing public backlash. Or...are they even renewed yet for another season?
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

^ I heard there are only two episodes left to film, so he's out of them. They are probably holding off on officially firing him until they see the ongoing public backlash. Or...are they even renewed yet for another season?
    I heard a rumor fights erupted on set by other actors who are rightfully pissed at this Shitshow. I didn’t realize only 2 episodes left, no biggie then. Wonder if he still gets paid.
    -Prince Rogers Nelson

You know, maybe I'm remembering this incorrectly, but didn't it take days before Taraji and Terrence said anything in support of him? Or am I making that up?
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Maybe they could have Scarlet Johanson fill in for him on the last two episodes.
    Waterslide and burnt_toast like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post
    ^^^ Yes, he was pulled over for DUI and other related charges and gave his younger brother's name to the police. He also signed a police statement with his younger brother's name. This was, IIRC, in the late 2000s.
    I read elsewhere that it wasn't just a younger brother but he was underage. So he was perfectly willing to throw his underage brother under the bus to save his own ass. That tells me a lot about who he is.

[QUOTE]Jussie Smollett lied to the police before by claiming he was his little brother Jake when he was pulled over for a DUI in 2007. The actor pleaded no contest to giving false information in addition to driving under the influence and driving without a valid license, according to records obtained by NBC.
    The incident took place in Los Angeles and he was 25 at the time. Jake, one of his three brothers, was 18.
    Smollett said his name was Jake then reportedly signed it on a promise to appear in court. /QUOTE]

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...lett-case.html

There are other articles out there, but this was the first one that popped up. On the very cusp of adulthood. Still a really douchey move.

I don't know why Jussie expected Empire to still stand behind him. If the police superintendent is correct, Jussie created two fake hate crimes all because he wasn't happy with his salary. Imagine you're somebody associated with Empire. You've been supporting Jussie all this time. Your bosses are sending out several statements that they believe Jussie and stand behind him (which I'm sure they did at the time). Then he gets arrested, indicted and there isn't much of anything that points to his innocence at this point. As soon as he gets out of jail, he goes right to set and makes this grandiose apology but still swears he's innocent ... he's STILL looking for attention. I'd want him fired too.
    Waterslide and lindsaywhit like this.
    We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.

A*O

Reports now that Smollett’s “attacker” was his drug dealer. Perfect.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread Information