Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Julie Schenecker Says She Shot Son, Daughter for Being 'Mouthy'

She will later plead not guilty by reason of insanity. Im surprised they didnt put that out there today. The courtroom was surrounded by police, fearing retaliation from so many angery people. She just looked down, just kept looking down.
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

fgg

Father of Slain Tampa Teens Is Filing for Divorce

By Steve Helling
    Friday February 18, 2011 11:50 AM EST

Since the shooting deaths of his teens, Calyx and Beau, Parker Schenecker has focused on celebrating their lives.

Now, he has taken the next step of confronting his wife, Julie, who is accused of killing their son and daughter in their Florida home.

"Today I met with my wife Julie for the first time since I returned from my duty overseas," Parker Schenecker, 48, said in a statement Friday. "The meeting was both emotional and productive. We discussed numerous topics but focused mostly on how so many people continue to honor and remember the lives of Calyx and Beau.

"I felt it was important and proper to inform her in person about my need to focus on the future, and my intention to file for divorce," the statement continues. "Clearly the events of Jan. 27 have taken Julie and me on different paths."

Julie Schenecker, 50, was charged with two counts of first-degree murder in the shootings of Beau, 13, and Calyx, 16. The Tampa, Fla., mom allegedly told authorities in a confession that she killed them for being "mouthy."

Parker Schenecker, a U.S. Army colonel who recently wrote an essay for PEOPLE about his children, says that remembering his children will help him to heal from his devastating loss.

"I have said for many days now that I will spend the rest of my life honoring the memory of my two beautiful children Calyx and Beau," he says. "This difficult but necessary step will help me to do just that: move forward."

They were together for an hour. I would love to know what all was said. I wonder how he kept from wrapping his hands around her neck and snapping it. Guess thats why the guards were there
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

Why would he do that? All the signs were there that something was wrong and he left those kids with her. If he has any shred of humanity, he'll be feeling a lot more guilt than anger.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

I don't think he should feel guilty. The blame is all on her. Poor guy and poor, innocent kids.

If he knew that his wife had a drug problem and that she was going crazy he should feel guilty.
    I know I wouldn't let my kids with an alkie or pill popping father. Of course he couldn't know she would kill the kids because that is really as crazy as it gets but from the articles I got the impression that she troubled the kids before.

Shit, the woman had been investigated by CPS and managed to get away with it. How was he going to get her away from his kids? A supposed good and doting mother? Bullshit, he has nothing to feel guilty for.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

He had orders overseas, wtf was he supposed to do about that?
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Get some other family member to look after the kids.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Yeah, because taking away a mother's custody is such a quick and easy process.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I wasn't referring to a formal change of custody.

-- Stephen Hawking

How about if it was the other way around? A mum had left her two kids with their dad who was becoming violent, paranoid etc?
    I'm with Twitchy on this one.

Well the problem is if she was investigated and nothing could be proved, then even if the father DID leave the kids with relatives, legally there's nothing to stop the mother from reclaiming them.

Therevwas a write up in the Sunday St Pete Times and her friends came forward and said they rarely saw the mother. The dad evidently was in often, like every couple of weeks and took the kids and their friends to activities. That seems odd. I have compassion for him don't know the behind the scene stuff but I can't imagine he thought for a minute she would harm his kids
    Rip Mom

So the dad was supposed to arrange that another family member take the kids? And the mom would be expected to just go along with that? I think some of y'all are expecting this man to not only be psychic but to do the impossible. I don't think he saw this coming at all. Easy for us in hindsight & all, but there are millions of parents like this woman out there right now and I can't see yanking kids out of homes right & left because of it.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread Information