Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Julie Schenecker Says She Shot Son, Daughter for Being 'Mouthy'

Maybe that's what they look for.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

just because she planned it doesn't mean she isn't nuts.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

This article says she's been depressed for 10 years. So most of the kids' lives? Sounds like she made her daughter's life especially, a misery.

“Julie is not emotionally stable,” the source, who did not want to be identified, said. “She has been depressed for over 10 or 11 years. The fact that she snapped was not a sudden thing. Her recent behavior toward her children over the past months has been abusive, paranoid and scary.”

“(Julie) had become increasingly violent toward both kids,” a source said. “She took most of her anger and paranoia out on Calyx. She thought the girl was turning into a problem child, which was far from the truth. Julie was paranoid and, from what I noticed in the last few months -- delusional.”"

Father of murdered teens speaks, friend says Julie Schenecker is 'delusional' - National Media & culture | Examiner.com

Paranoid, delusional and violent doesn't sound like depression. It sounds like someone was misdiagnosed.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    just because she planned it doesn't mean she isn't nuts.
    It's not 100%, but it's a pretty good indicator that she's not. How are you defining nuts, though? Genuine nuts (how I define it anyway) is pretty hard to conceal for a sustained amount of time and most people seemed to think she was ok.

It also seems that she knew what she was doing was wrong, another indicator, but I'm not 100% sure about that yet. She killed both when nobody else was around. She definitely had some mental health issues, nobody who is mentally/emotionally healthy would do that. I'm curious about all that palsy-looking shaking she did at first, and what the "neurological disorder" is that somebody said she had. She might be brain damaged somehow. I wonder if she took a turn for the worse after her car wreck which was last November, I think. ?
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarzy View Post
    This article says she's been depressed for 10 years. So most of the kids' lives? Sounds like she made her daughter's life especially, a misery.

“Julie is not emotionally stable,” the source, who did not want to be identified, said. “She has been depressed for over 10 or 11 years. The fact that she snapped was not a sudden thing. Her recent behavior toward her children over the past months has been abusive, paranoid and scary.”

“(Julie) had become increasingly violent toward both kids,” a source said. “She took most of her anger and paranoia out on Calyx. She thought the girl was turning into a problem child, which was far from the truth. Julie was paranoid and, from what I noticed in the last few months -- delusional.”"

Father of murdered teens speaks, friend says Julie Schenecker is 'delusional' - National Media & culture | Examiner.com
    Well that's just super that so many people, including children's services, her mother and all her friends knew that she was violent, delusional and paranoid and didn't intervene while the father was deployed. I'm thinking less that she had a psychotic break and more that she's an evil bitch.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia View Post
    It's not 100%, but it's a pretty good indicator that she's not. How are you defining nuts, though? Genuine nuts (how I define it anyway) is pretty hard to conceal for a sustained amount of time and most people seemed to think she was ok.

It also seems that she knew what she was doing was wrong, another indicator, but I'm not 100% sure about that yet. She killed both when nobody else was around. She definitely had some mental health issues, nobody who is mentally/emotionally healthy would do that. I'm curious about all that palsy-looking shaking she did at first, and what the "neurological disorder" is that somebody said she had. She might be brain damaged somehow. I wonder if she took a turn for the worse after her car wreck which was last November, I think. ?
    At the beginning of the thread there is a newspaper story about how she had a big incident about 4 days before her accident.
    Free Charmed.

Thanks, I missed that

It's like one line, Lobes - easy to miss.
    Free Charmed.

a lot of people are crazy but still know the difference between right and wrong. i think the criminal definition of 'crazy' is too narrow in the US, but that's a matter for a different debate.
    this lady was definitely off her rocker though, from all accounts. i'm wondering why they let it go on for so long and why the father left the 2 kids alone with her if she had documented drug and alcohol problems.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Again, it's how you define the word, and I don't think all accounts say she was off her rocker - everybody except the people who were closest to her thought she was fine. As for the US definition of crazy, personally I'm fine with it because I don't think the presence of a diagnosable condition relieves a person of responsibility. The condition may explain a lot of things but unless you are so impaired by your illness that you are out of touch with reality, you bear responsibility for your actions. Or should be, because there are lots of stupid cases where some psychological mumbo jumbo got guilty people off the hook. The murder of Harvey Milk & the twinkie defense, for example.

fgg

Julie Schenecker Pleads Not Guilty

By Steve Helling
    Wednesday February 16, 2011 11:45 AM EST

Three weeks after the shooting deaths of her two teenagers, Julie Schenecker pleaded not guilty in a Tampa courtroom Wednesday to the charges of first-degree murder.

Wearing a red jumpsuit and chained at the waist, wrists and ankles, Schenecker, 50, stared straight ahead as she entered the courtroom. Keeping her eyes closed as the judge read the formal charges against her at the brief arraignment, she did not speak.

Schenecker's public defender, Robert Frasier, entered the not-guilty plea on her behalf.

Prosecutors contend that Schenecker shot her daughter and son, Calyx, 16 and Beau, 13 on Jan. 28. Although Schenecker told investigators that the kids were "mouthy," family and friends say that the children were bright and respectful.

One person notably absent at today's hearing: Schenecker's husband, Army Col. Parker Schenecker. Family spokesperson Lisa Eichhorn released a statement saying that he was currently out of state meeting with friends and family members.

The statement also announced plans to donate contributions from the memorial fund to the American Cancer Society.

"The generosity and love supporters have shown through letters, phone calls and donations to the Calyx and Beau Schenecker Memorial Fund has been humbling," Eichhorn wrote. "This contribution is just the first step in keeping his promise to support those causes and activities his children found important."

she's looking all kinds of crazy in that photo.

how is she still wearing a ring? don't they take that kind of shit when a person is taken into custody?
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

That photo was when she was first arrested.

She planned the murders, bought a gun and then maliciously killed her own children and has the nerve to plead not guilty to first degree murder...she really has a lot of nerve.
    So why exactly does she think she doesn't deserve the worst punishment possible? Right, the kids were mouthy...the little fuckers had it coming.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread Information