Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Julie Schenecker Says She Shot Son, Daughter for Being 'Mouthy'

Yep. Hubby confirmed she was on alcohol and drugs. They are saying it could have been an adverse reaction to prescribed meds. Doesn't explain premeditaion. Some of the findings are very disturbing. Dad seems to be holding it together so far.
    If you go to Bay News 9 - Tampa News, Weather, Traffic, Entertainment, Politics you can read the report and what they found in the home etc
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    Not directed at anyone (really!) but if this was a man who shot and killed his kids, would people be so quick to look to accident/drugs/etc as contributing factors? It just seems that people don't like to believe that women would willingly harm their children and don't like to give men the benefit of the doubt that there could be other factors involved.
    i thought 'nuts' because killing your kids for being 'mouthy' lol? it's so out of proportion that it seems totally insane, like something someone having a psychotic episode would do.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

or some sort of fabric.
    "THIS IS DEFINATELY SATIN'S WORK"(facebook)
    Quote Originally Posted by cupcake View Post
    Yep. Hubby confirmed she was on alcohol and drugs.
    How did he confirm it? I thought he was overseas?

"Public Information Officer Laura McElroy, appearing on the MSNBC cable news network, said Schenecker left a note written several days before the shootings. "She was planning to take the lives of her children and then her own life," McElroy said."http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/02/01/us-tampa-murders-idUSTRE71079Y20110201
    Last edited by twitchy2.0; February 1st, 2011 at 04:49 PM.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Julie Schenecker: 'Mouthy' Kids' Mom Spiraled Downward Before Killings

An anonymous source tells ABC that Calyx and Beau Schenecker attended an Al-Anon meeting just three weeks ago with father Parker Schenecker in which Calyx broke down, crying, "My mom, my mom." "It was mentioned by the dad that they were there for the mother [Schenecker]...he said that she did have a drug and alcohol problem and they were here to cope with it," the source says. Parker Schenecker has returned from his post in Qatar; police sources say he won't be supporting his wife through her trial.

Julie Schenecker Was Investigated for Child Abuse in November But Not Charged - ABC News

[I]Schenecker wrote a detailed notes planning the murder and after the murders occurred, she wrote detailed notes describing the crimes, McElroy said...

"It's hard to believe that a mother authored the notes because it's very methodical, non-emotional description of the murder of two innocent children, of her own children. Whe she's describing it, it's just a very matter of fact, devoid of emotion, matter," McElroy said.

A woman who asked to remain anonymous told ABC News that the family of Schenecker attended an Al-Anon meeting three weeks ago. Al-Anon is a support group for those whose family members abuse drugs or alcohol.

Colonel Schenecker accompanied Beau and Calyx to the meeting of about 20 people, the woman said..

"He was just like any normal dad. He was there to help his kids," the woman said. "It was mentioned by the dad that they were there for the mother [Schenecker]... he said that she did have a drug and alcohol problem and they were here to cope with it."

Beau, 13, didn't speak at the meeting but 16-year-old Calyx did.

"Calyx started to speak and she started to say, 'my mom.' She said, 'my mom' maybe about twice. She couldn't say any more, she started bawling," the woman said.

The woman said she didn't see the family at another Al-Anon meeting.

"It seemed like they were dealing with a lot. I dont' think anyone knew exactly what they were dealing with. I think it was kind of hidden," she said.

Reportedly, Schenecker's mother had grown increasingly concerned about what she said was her daughter's depression.

She'd received a disturbing e-mail from her daughter the day the murders occurred complaining that the kids were talking back and the note ended with Schenecker writing, it "would all be over soon," police said.

When a call to her daughter wasn't answered Friday morning, she called police.

"She felt the note was ominous and so she contacted the Tampa Police Department," Police Spokewswoman Laura McElroy said

So she made their short lives a living hell, then killed them. OMG.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Jesus, it just gets worse. An adverse reaction doesn't cause premeditated violence and craziness like this, maybe it made her worse but she was obviously fucked for a long time before this happened. I hope the husband has other family to support him.
    And so, I will keep fighting to make the US a more progressive, multi-cultural country, and my fight starts on GossipRocks - mikesandy

Wow. She's not just crackers. She's abusive/long-term crackers.
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

and then the husband just leaves the kids in that situation.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by SuriCruise View Post
    Jesus, it just gets worse. An adverse reaction doesn't cause premeditated violence and craziness like this, maybe it made her worse but she was obviously fucked for a long time before this happened. I hope the husband has other family to support him.

This. It seems to me she's been falling apart for quite awhile, and yet everyone missed all the signs.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

And now we have these fuckers involved:

Kansas church to protest at service for slain Florida siblings - CNN.com

Kansas church to protest at service for slain Florida siblings

By the CNN Wire Staff
    February 2, 2011 4:19 p.m. EST

Westboro Baptist Church, based in Topeka, Kansas, has stirred controversy through its demonstrations at funerals.

STORY HIGHLIGHTS
    • Westboro Baptist Church says it will picket service because mother is a military wife
    • Tampa schools sponsoring service for brother and sister, who were slain last Friday
    • Julie K. Schenecker, 50, is charged with murder in the deaths of her children
    • Her husband is with the U.S. Central Command