Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Julie Schenecker Says She Shot Son, Daughter for Being 'Mouthy'

Anyone who wants a firearm can get one, so many felons have them here. Well all over actually. Crimes commited by them every day and none of them should be in possesion of a weapon. Julie is making her first court appearance in the morning.
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

Snapped completely. Very clearly went bonkers.
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

The poor husband. I wonder if they got him back stateside yet.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

How sad There had to be signs she was about to snap.

I don't know. Being a mom I'm around agitated moms all the time and its hard to tell who is just frazzled from having a bad day and who is going to be going postal...
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

Well, the daughter had accused her mum of abuse 3 months before the mum killed her and her brother.
    Teen told Tampa police in November that her mother abused her - St. Petersburg Times

Quote Originally Posted by Sarzy View Post
    Well, the daughter had accused her mum of abuse 3 months before the mum killed her and her brother.
    Teen told Tampa police in November that her mother abused her - St. Petersburg Times
    Note to self: it's not abuse til the kids gets shot. Got it...
    Free Charmed.

In nov. DCF cleared her from slapping her daughter. She made her appearance this morning. No shaking this time. Just quietly wept. Didn't go to jail. She went back to the hospital for more evaluation. They are saying she has a neurological issue. They aren't saying if its biological or because of drugs and alcohol. Principals at both schools her kids attended say she was active at the schhols and they noticed no problems. She was well liked and seemed normal.n the kids were big Harry Potter fans. Classmates are wearing the HP colors in their honow. Looks like they were smart decent kids.
    They are saying she isn't insane. She planned this, welll thought out and then wrote down everything she did. Crazy but not in the insane sense. They haven't mentioned the husband today. last I heard they said he was coming home
    Last edited by cupcake; January 31st, 2011 at 05:16 PM.
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

Holy shit!

And who are these people that applaud this? I get being frustrated with bratty, asshole kids, but I can't believe any fool could seriously think a mouthy kid warrants a .38 in the brain.

It's suggested that she was drugged/drunk when she crashed which was after the first reported abuse.

Bet the dad is sorry about his comments now -

Article View
    View Comments (28)

Last Modified: Jan 31, 2011 04:13 PM
    Teen told Tampa police in November that her mother abused her
    By Jessica Vander Velde and Ileana Morales, Times Staff Writers
    Text Size ****
    TAMPA — Julie Schenecker was suspected of abusing her teenage daughter just three months before police say she shot her children to death, according to reports released Monday.

And though 16-year-old Calyx Schenecker told investigators in November that her mom had hit her in the face with open and closed fists and had "busted" her lip a month earlier, they didn't see any bruises or marks, a Florida Department of Children and Families report states.

The case was closed two months later because there was no evidence of injury, a Tampa police report states.

The Nov. 2 incident was the first time the mother and daughter's verbal arguments became physical, Calyx's father told a DCF investigator, according to the report.

Army Col. Parker Schenecker, told an investigator in a Jan. 6 phone call that he often mediated in their verbal arguments, the DCF report states. Calyx described him as the family's "referee."

He told the investigators he had no safety concerns for his children.

The investigation started after a Crisis Center of Tampa Bay counselor reported that Calyx had confided that her mother had hit her. So on Nov. 6, police went to the family home.

Calyx had no visible injuries, but, while crying, she told police that four days earlier, on the drive home from cross country practice, she and her mom had argued and her mom slapped her with an open hand on her face for about 30 seconds, the report states.

The DCF report states that Calyx reported that her mom had also used a closed fist and that Calyx covered up the bruising on her face with makeup.

Speaking separately to police, Schenecker said the argument started after her daughter bought something at Publix. When Schenecker looked in the bag to see what Calyx had bought, Calyx said "stay out of my business."

Then she told her mom, "you're disgusting," and "you're not my parent," Schenecker recalled, the report states.

Schenecker told police that she "backhanded" her daughter in the face three times.

At the gate to their Tampa Palms North neighborhood, Schenecker hit her daughter one to three more times, Calyx told police, according to the report. And when they pulled into the driveway, Schenecker tried to hit Calyx again, but Calyx held her mom's hands.

Calyx also told police that the previous month, her mom had hit her in the mouth while they were in the car because of something Calyx had said, causing her to bleed, the report states.

Calyx told police she was never hit like this before.

"(Calyx) is usually disciplined by getting her privileges and her belongings taken away from her," the report states.

At the time, Schencker told police that Calyx's behavior had changed in the past year. She believed it was because Calyx was attending King High School. They had been going to counseling at the Crisis Center of Tampa Bay for about three weeks, the report states.

When the case was closed Dec. 21, the investigator wrote that Calyx had no signs of physical injury, nor did she complain of any.

"There is not evidence of a criminal offense in this case," investigator Ayo wrote.

On Nov. 8, two days after Tampa police's investigation, Schenecker was involved in a crash, and a trooper noted she showed signs of drug impairment.

At noon, Schenecker was heading east on Fowler Avenue at 70 mph when her Mercedes Benz rear-ended the riding lawn mower attached to a Chevy truck slowing for a turn near Jefferson Road. Schenecker didn't see the truck, according to a Florida Highway Patrol crash report.

A trooper wrote that Schenecker had "dilated pupils with no reaction to light, (and) mush-mouthed speech."

In another sobriety test, the report states, Schenecker's eyes showed all six clues of horizontal gaze nystagmus, an involuntary jerking of the eyes usually caused by drug or alcohol impairment that becomes more obvious as the level of drugs or alcohol increases.

Both Schenecker and driver James B. Burger were injured. Schenecker was taken to University Community Hospital and was discharged without a blood test before a trooper arrived for more sobriety tests. Schenecker was cited with careless driving.

A woman who identified herself as Burger's mother-in-law said Burger's attorney advised him not to comment.
    Free Charmed.

fgg

Tampa Mom Was Investigated for Slapping Daughter

By Mike Fleeman
    Monday January 31, 2011 04:10 PM EST

Three months before Julie Schenecker allegedly murdered her teenaged son and daughter, the Florida mom came under investigation for slapping the girl.

Schenecker admitted that she hit Calyx, 16, in the face for "being disrespectful" to her in the car in November, but authorities determined Schenecker posed little danger to Calyx or her 13-year-old brother Beau.

"The overall risk to the children at this time is low," reads a Florida Department of Children and Families report dated Dec. 23, 2010. "The mother and child have not been in any other altercations and the two have agreed to disagree."

Last week, Schenecker, 50, of Tampa, Fla., admitted to killing her children – first shooting Beau twice in the head for "talking back" while driving him to soccer practice, then driving home and shooting her daughter in the face, police say. She is being held without bail after making a court appearance Monday.

The explanation she gave police was that the teens were being "mouthy." "She described the crimes in detail," police spokeswoman Laura McElroy says. "That was the only reason she provided to our detectives."

According to the reports of last year, Schenecker was in individual and family counseling and had the full support of her husband, U.S. Army Col. Parker Schenecker, 48, as well as friends and family.

The family's therapist had reported to authorities that counseling was going well. Says the report: "She has no safety concerns for the family."

this article says the counselor said it...

Counselor can't be there 24/7 though. They have to base an opinion on what they see.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Childs word against the parents basically. Lady kind of fell through the cracks. Her blood wasn't tested, no jail time, no points on her license?
    I really think that some family counseling shuld be mandatory if a child is making what they feel like were allegations. Obviously there is an issue that should be dealt with and maybe it wouldn't have escalated. Errr
    Rip Mom

The counselor may not have known what the allegations were. We don't know if either Calyx or mom told her, and the investigators who came to get her statement probably didn't tell her either. She obviously knew *something* was going on because she was being interviewed.

Lots of therapists/counselors are scared to death of losing their licenses so they say as little as possible in these situations. I don't know if this applies to the counselor here, but this tragedy his is a good reason why they shouldn't be so tight-lipped.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

I honestly cant believe people are rooting for this woman. If she backhanded the kids, fine. Im sure more than a few kids could use a foot up their behind these days. But to just turn around and shoot them? And she didnt even shoot them in the arm or something, she flat out killed them in cold blood. What did that solve?

And what was that mess about its open season? Parents are declaring war on childen now? Oh thisll end well.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information