Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
Like Tree209Likes

Thread: JonBenet Ramsey's brother gives his first-ever interview with Dr. Phil

What surprises me is that the DNA from this case has not popped again. Do you police forces share this data inter-state (federally?) or are they only looking in the state where this occurred?
    They need to stick that data on that 123me thing coz I have a feeling that he would not stop at one.

Also, just to clarify breaks in the hyman do not indicate sexually activity alone, they can break doing usual sport activities however other things would indicate this.
    Last edited by Novice; September 28th, 2016 at 07:49 AM.
    MohandasKGanja likes this.
    Free Charmed.

Whiiiiiine, pleeeeeease don't make me wade over into websleuths. I know they have rehashed the DNA topic to death and there are answers to your questions. I'm not trying to argue, I'm just in the camp of being pushed over the fence after the CBS special. Dr. Lee and Dr. Spitz were clear that the DNA was almost a red herring. DNA under the fingernails wasn't discussed and honestly, I don't think I've ever heard that before.
    panic and MmeVertigina like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post
    Whiiiiiine, pleeeeeease don't make me wade over into websleuths. I know they have rehashed the DNA topic to death and there are answers to your questions. I'm not trying to argue, I'm just in the camp of being pushed over the fence after the CBS special. Dr. Lee and Dr. Spitz were clear that the DNA was almost a red herring. DNA under the fingernails wasn't discussed and honestly, I don't think I've ever heard that before.
    One of the friends of John Ramsey is actively suing websleuths to give up the identity of someone who accused him of being the murderer.

But I also want to say that I'm not trying to be argumentative either. Just the same (re: DNA) that is a LOT of DNA locations that do not implicate anyone in the Ramsey family. I think it would be virtually unprecedented to bring charges against someone when you have that much foreign DNA that absolves them instead of indicts them. I find it difficult to believe that two different facilities mishandled or mis-tested all of the DNA.

^But you're ignoring all the other inconsistencies and fixating on one piece of evidence. Occam's Razor tells me it's more likely there were problems with the DNA collecting/testing than that a total stranger sat in their house for some time writing a letter in the mother's handwriting then left the body in the basement.
    Sarzy, sprynkles, fgg and 4 others like this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    ^But you're ignoring all the other inconsistencies and fixating on one piece of evidence. Occam's Razor tells me it's more likely there were problems with the DNA collecting/testing than that a total stranger sat in their house for some time writing a letter in the mother's handwriting then left the body in the basement.
    DNA testing is used every day in this country to absolve someone who is locked up in some cell somewhere of a crime. It is the gold standard for physical evidence. It wasn't just one little piece of DNA evidence that didn't match the Ramsey's either. It was the blood mixed with Jon Benet's in two areas in her panties. It was the DNA under the fingernails. It was the touch DNA that was on both side of her long johns. Tested at two different places, and none of it matched a Ramsey. My position is that you would never get a conviction in this country at all under those circumstances.

But this is what I'm having a hard time with trying to get my point across. There WASN'T that much DNA. It was barely a few cells between the panties and the long johns. It was not saliva or semen or blood (except hers). Again, I've never heard about the fingernails, and if there's a source for that, please point me in the right direction. To just believe in the tiny, tiny DNA amount, you have to exclude all the other weird things going on in that house:

A rambling three page ransom note that almost everyone involved agrees that it looks like disguised Patsy writing. Absolutely no trace on Jonbenet's body. The very unusual garrote, which was completely overkill. The Burke factor (his temper, his previous violence against his sister, etc.). The pineapple. The wiped down flashlight (which Dr. Spitz showed fits JB's skull injury perfectly). The finding of JB by John, honed in on the train room and, in Fleet White's opinion, the yell of I found her! before he even turned the light on. The cobwebs that were undisturbed that the CBS series proved, even with a thin woman, would have been impossible to leave or at least not disturb by coming through the basement window. The ridiculous amount of time the so called perpetrator would have to have spent in that house. The not worrying by John and Patsy about Burke after they had just discovered their daughter was "abducted" from the house. The seconds of the 911 call after Patsy thought she hung it up ... I'll admit that the two voices at the end (supposedly Patsy and then Burke) have to have a leap of faith ... but it is quite clear that John said, "we're not talking to you". The removal of TONS of belongings, allowed by police, by Patsy's sister the day after the murder, which has NEVER been tested for anything. I could go on for paragraphs. It's just too much to suspend belief for a few cells of DNA from a very shoddy police investigation. Just the year before her murder, OJ was found not guilty for mostly poor collection of DNA/crappy investigating (and there was a LOT in that case, no mistake). Why would that work oppositely in the Ramsey's favor?

I'm not trying to change your mind, I just love a good natured debate.
    panic likes this.

But this is what I'm having a hard time with trying to get my point across. There WASN'T that much DNA. It was barely a few cells between the panties and the long johns. It was not saliva or semen or blood (except hers). Again, I've never heard about the fingernails, and if there's a source for that, please point me in the right direction. To just believe in the tiny, tiny DNA amount, you have to exclude all the other weird things going on in that house:
    You don't need a lot of DNA to get usable DNA for court. I believe it's the PCR technique that allows you to replicate scant DNA cells multiple times until you have a large enough sample for DNA testing. It's used all the time to convict or absolve people. Tons of legal precedent for it.

The blood in the panties was Jon Benet's DNA mixed with someone else's. It had to be separated before it could be tested.

There was DNA under the fingernails. Sources below discussing it:

Who killed JonBenet Ramsey? The evidence, what we know so far and all of the theories - Mirror Online

8 Things You Need To Know About JonBenet Ramsey's Murder | Daily Wire

Ramsey lawyer to sue CBS: 'The Case of: JonBenet Ramsey' names Burke Ramsey killer

You don't need a lot of DNA for it to be from some factory worker who made the panties either. Even Mary Lacy agreed the DNA evidence was probably an artifact (this was when she was trying to make the case that John Mark Karr killed JB, even though his DNA didn't match either). (Source:

https://youtu.be/Ra1n70_Ubi0

The first two links you provided only have a passing reference about the DNA from fingernails, no source where it came from. I don't think either publication is very reputable either. The last link doesn't even talk about DNA under fingernails, and it's about Ramsey's lawyer bitching about people making accusations. I still cannot find where the fingernail DNA came from. I've never heard about it.
    panic likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    What surprises me is that the DNA from this case has not popped again. Do you police forces share this data inter-state (federally?) or are they only looking in the state where this occurred?
    They need to stick that data on that 123me thing coz I have a feeling that he would not stop at one.

Also, just to clarify breaks in the hyman do not indicate sexually activity alone, they can break doing usual sport activities however other things would indicate this.
    Link to all kinds of transcripts, warrants, depositions related to the case: JonBenet Ramsey Case Encyclopedia / Legal Documents

The US has the NDIS- National DNA Index System established in 1998 and contains all DNA submitted by local, state and federal agencies- all 50 states, Puerto Rico and the US Army Criminal Investigation Laboratory all participate. I would think due to it's high profile nature, the samples from the JBR case were submitted.

You don't need a lot of DNA for it to be from some factory worker who made the panties either. Even Mary Lacy agreed the DNA evidence was probably an artifact (this was when she was trying to make the case that John Mark Karr killed JB, even though his DNA didn't match either).
    For it to be from a factory worker is theoretical speculation. It was comingled with Ramsey's blood, and had to be separated. And it is just one of the sites tested that found DNA, along with the fingernails and the outside of the long johns.

You don't need a lot of DNA for it to be from some factory worker who made the panties either. Even Mary Lacy agreed the DNA evidence was probably an artifact (this was when she was trying to make the case that John Mark Karr killed JB, even though his DNA didn't match either). (Source:

https://youtu.be/Ra1n70_Ubi0

The first two links you provided only have a passing reference about the DNA from fingernails, no source where it came from. I don't think either publication is very reputable either. The last link doesn't even talk about DNA under fingernails, and it's about Ramsey's lawyer bitching about people making accusations. I still cannot find where the fingernail DNA came from. I've never heard about it.
    From the last link - and these are just a few of many, many links that mention DNA under the fingernails. (including https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/178440...-beauty-queen/ ):

"DNA evidence was found in the murdered child beauty queen JonBenet's underwear and under her fingernails. It did not match Burke Ramsey, father John Ramsey or mother Patsy Ramsey.

Just wanted to post for anyone who's interested - saw on tv that the Dr. Phil/Burke Ramsey interviews are being shown this Sunday, 2pm central time on the OWN network.
    panic likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

I've evolved into someone that knows when I'm not going to change your opinion and you're not going to change mine, and it's better to just friendly move along and talk about something else. If it was an intruder, how do you explain that ransom note? That's one of the consistent things through the years that has always made me pause. It's so obviously Patsy's writing, disguised, and I can't understand why she would have written it if there wasn't a coverup.
    MmeVertigina likes this.

I've evolved into someone that knows when I'm not going to change your opinion and you're not going to change mine, and it's better to just friendly move along and talk about something else. If it was an intruder, how do you explain that ransom note? That's one of the consistent things through the years that has always made me pause. It's so obviously Patsy's writing, disguised, and I can't understand why she would have written it if there wasn't a coverup.
    I admit that the ransom note is one of the strangest things I've ever seen. Plus, the money demanded matching John's bonus.

One theory that I think is more plausible is that the murderer is someone close to the Ramsey's (but not Burke) and that they are protecting the person for some really twisted reason.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I admit that the ransom note is one of the strangest things I've ever seen. Plus, the money demanded matching John's bonus.

One theory that I think is more plausible is that the murderer is someone close to the Ramsey's (but not Burke) and that they are protecting the person for some really twisted reason.
    The ransom note quoted Dirty Harry and Speed, which I find so totally bizarre outside of the fact note as a whole is bizarre.
    MmeVertigina likes this.

it probably was the brother, it's true that it's the theory that makes the most sense, even though there isn't enough evidence to prosecute him for it.
    but honestly, even if it was the brother, who cares? he was 9 at the time anyway so it's not like he would have been tried as an adult anyway, and when dealing with a 9 year-old, there was probably a better chance at rehabilitation and therapy if it was all dealt with privately rather than having a big trial and having the kid publicly branded a murderer. what good would that do? how would putting a 9 year-old in jail or branding him a murderer for the rest of his life, be justice? so yeah, if it was the brother, i can totally understand the parents covering it up because it's bad enough to lose one child, they didn't want to lose their son too.

either way, i never understood the fascination with this little girl's murder.
    Trixie, czb and Novice like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread Information