Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Like Tree209Likes

Thread: JonBenet Ramsey's brother gives his first-ever interview with Dr. Phil

Quote Originally Posted by panic View Post
    ^^i used to think that too until this doc. Even at the beginning of this thread I thought it was an intruder because of docs I've seen before which confirmed everything I always thought. But just last week this doc changed my mind. If you can catch it On Demand, check it out. There's a few of docs about it out right now because so make sure it's the CBS "The Case of JonBenet." I'd be very curious to see if you still feel this way.

There are distinct similarities in patsy's handwriting and the ransom note. That was on another doc, not this one, but it's just too big of a coincidence for me to believe that her and a kidnapper just happened to have the same uniquely flawed q and similar letter c.
    I will probably watch it if it comes on again. I have to admit, CBS put itself on the line financially when it created this show and then basically put out the conclusion it did. That is basically slander/libel, and would result in a huge judgement if CBS can be shown to have done it without merit. I don't think Burke fits the normal libel standard where he is a celebrity. Which means that Burke's legal team wouldn't even have to prove malice on CBS's part to end up with a huge judgement or settlement. And it wouldn't be unprecedented for CBS to find itself in this situation, either after the William Westmoreland case.

Similarly, it would seem that Burke's team would be opening itself up to a really disastrous result by bringing the suit, because CBS would be able to depose Burke and potentially other people who would not normally have to give testimony. For them to bring the case, assuming they see it all the way through, makes their statements more believable to me.

The ransom note is one element, and I don't place a huge weight on it by itself. You still have the foreign, male blood DNA evidence that the Boulder DA said was found on three different sites (and two articles of clothing, presumably underwear). I'm sure Burke and just about every other family member and friend was tested and excluded as a match from that DNA profile.
    panic likes this.

Yeah, CBS is standing by this documentary and will say it in court. And yes, lots of people were tested for their dna and cleared, including the ramsey family. In their investigation, they bought a brand new pair of panties, nobody touched it with their bare hands when they pulled it from the package, and had it tested for dna. They found unidentified dna on it. Their theory is maybe the unidentified male dna on jonbenet's panties came from the manufacturer somewhere.

CBS does say at the end of the doc that this is the scenario they came up with through their investigation.
    "I would have gladly held my nose and did the right thing all damn day long to keep Trump out of the fucking White House and it wouldn't have butt hurt me at all."...gas_chick

Quote Originally Posted by panic View Post
    Yes, lots of people were tested and cleared, including the ramsey family. In their investigation, they bought a brand new pair of panties, nobody touched it with their bare hands when they pulled it from the package, and had it tested for dna. They found unidentified dna on it. Their theory is maybe the unidentified male dna on jonbenet's panties came from the manufacturer somewhere.
    How is that explanation supposed to work, though? That Benet's panties were just pulled out of the package and put on her that night? Most likely they had been washed and worn several times prior to the night of the murder and the chance of contact DNA on them would have been minimal. Moreover, at least one of the DNA samples was a mixed blood sample, not contact DNA, which I think is even less likely to have come from the factory. What is not clear to me, though, is whether all three samples found have the exact same DNA profile.

ETA - the Boulder DA also said "there is no innocent explanation for its [DNA] incriminating presence at three sites".

^^^^ I do believe Patsy even corroborated that the panties were brand new and just taken out of the package.

^Gross, I would never put on anything new before washing it, but especially not underwear. Ewww.

I always thought that if the brother did it, it was a jealousy thing. Day after Christmas, he didn't get what he wanted and she did, or she got a lot more than him. Something like that.
    louiswinthorpe111 likes this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

I would never put on new undies w/o washing first now, but before I knew better I did it at 18. A few hours later my legs were covered with hives. It was awful.
    MmeVertigina likes this.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post
    ^^^^ I do believe Patsy even corroborated that the panties were brand new and just taken out of the package.
    Based on what I just read, it doesn't matter. And I don't see how CBS is not going to be in a lot of trouble. I'm saying that based on this 2008 article where the Boulder DA talks about the DNA testing: District Attorney Mary Lacy's Statement About DNA Evidence - 7NEWS Denver TheDenverChannel.com

In summary:

The first DNA test was performed on droplets of blood found on the crotch of Jon Benet's underwear. The DNA found "belonged to a male and does not match anyone in the Ramsey family". This was not the touch/contact DNA.

In October of 2007, the Boulder police department tried a new DNA testing technique involving "touch DNA" (basically, skin cells left behind when someone touches something). The area being tested this time were the long johns that Jon Benet wore on the outside of her underwear. Because she had been molested and her long johns put back on, the idea was that the killer would have had to make contact with the long johns to put them back on. This testing found genetic material on the outside of both sides of the long johns. And this DNA matched the profile found earlier inside the underwear.

So, once again, how does it possibly work that anyone in the Ramsey family was involved in either the death or the coverup? And how is CBS not going to get taken to the cleaners when this suit goes to court?
    Wisher likes this.

I'm just finishing up the first episode of the CBS series. I don't think, so far, they're going to be held liable. They're examining evidence and never definitively say this is what happened and this is who did it. How many OJ documentaries have there been that have gone way further in accusation?

I remember reading that there was an undisturbed spider web outside of the basement window as more evidence that it couldn't be an intruder.
    Sarzy likes this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post
    I'm just finishing up the first episode of the CBS series. I don't think, so far, they're going to be held liable. They're examining evidence and never definitively say this is what happened and this is who did it. How many OJ documentaries have there been that have gone way further in accusation?
    You have to go through the second episode. They go through burkes interview tapes and more evidence. They say, "based on the evidence, we think it went like this...."
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

There was a lot of disturbing behavior going on with Burke before the murder, I recommend checking out a site like websleuths or forumsforjustice (mods, not sure if I can write that here, if not, please remove) because they have so many detailed threads about this...for anyone who wonders why they would "cover it up". It's extremely informative. IMO there was precedent to this action and the parents knew it, aside from losing their other child this was their answer. Seriously, amazing theories out there that cover all of the bases.
    Sarzy and dilligaf like this.

Except that the DNA proves that the perp was not Burke. To come up with theories of why they would cover for someone who, by multiple points of physical evidence, is not implicated at all, is kind of bizarre.

I haven't watched this yet but I always felt there was a cover up but that the parents wouldn't cover for each other but they would cover up for their son.

They probably panicked, maybe even knew Burke had issues and were afraid they were going to lose another child.
    Sarzy likes this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

I still find it hard to believe that Burke would have been able to kill Jon Benet. I know there are stories all over about kids killing younger siblings, but Jon Benet wasn't a baby. She was 6 and Burke was 9. I would think that even if there had been some sort of fight where Jon Benet was hit and died, that Burke wouldn't have been sent away forever. There would have been some counseling or some sort of therapy, but I don't see that the Ramsey's would have lost Burke forever.

I don't know. I like to read all the true crime sites and try to draw my own conclusions, but this one is a tough one.

fgg

i think burke did it and the ramsey's covered it up. it makes no sense otherwise.
    SHELLEE and Beeyotch like this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread Information