Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree209Likes

Thread: JonBenet Ramsey's brother gives his first-ever interview with Dr. Phil

The garrote thing was a really striking detail. Personally, I agree I don't see it being done just to cover up an innocently accidental death. Of course there could always be some other explanation but it *does* seem like an extreme, violent method that would line up with the sick extremism of pedophilia. Either the brother, father or mother was doing some extremely sick shit to Jon Benet or they were letting someone else do it. No way one or more of them weren't involved.

I feel like to believe there was an intruder that stayed HOURS writing 2-3 page ransom note for a dead girl he fed pineapples and milk (?!?) too... Is suspending A LOT of disbelief
    louiswinthorpe111 likes this.
    Sugar... The real gateway drug

Yeah the whole ransom note thing gave the whole thing away. Made no sense. No kidnapper does that.

I've always thought the brother and parents were involved. It all adds up to them imo. Ridiculous this case was never solved and nobody prosecuted for it.
    dilligaf likes this.

I think depending on what you're watching it sways, especially for me. I still don't think a Ramsey committed the actual crime but they sure as hell covered it up. Not so well.

Back in 1999 the Grand Jury voted for indictment , the Boulder DA declined to charge them citing lack of evidence. I just found a site with the GJ transcripts. It was 55 days long and lots of people testified.

I came in towards the end and didn't watch it all...although I may try to go back and do so. They said the sexual assault evidence was bogus, citing their studies. I don't remember the detail.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Quote Originally Posted by dolem View Post
    Admittedly, I know very little about this case. I've read threads on here, but don't follow it and I didn't watch the documentary. I did read comments on another site regarding the Burke theory. The biggest red flags were that the DNA on Jon Benet didn't match her family. Also, wasn't there some sign of sexual trauma? Would parents trying to cover up a crime really do that to their child? Also, the manner (garrote) in which she was killed was really violent, again, would a parent really do that to their dead child just to "save" another child?
    I never followed it either, too many rabid internet sleuthers out there, theories, books...just too much information to sift through. I've always had an interest in true crime but this one was too much. Personally, I think the original crime scene was so compromised that it was impossible to ever solve the crime and so much of the "evidence" really makes no sense to me.

I saw Lin Wood (the Ramsey attorney) on TMZ yesterday and I'll say one thing, that guy is a smooth talker. He claims the autopsy showed JonBenet died from the strangulation and that the blow to the head occurred after--as evidenced by the small amount of brain bleed since the blood supply had been cut off in the strangulation. I have no clue if this is true or not, but if so, it kinda blows the Burke/family cover-up theory out of the water.

However, I also think the Ramseys were one weird family and I definitely understand why they continue to be under suspicion. And I still don't understand why Burke did those Dr. Phil interviews. His affect was sooo strange and creepy it really did nothing to help their case.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

The experts went over the autopsy in great detail, again I came into the show late.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Yeah, I wonder how many experts went over that autopsy with differing opinions. Just like all the handwriting experts who went over the ransom note. I've read online that it was positively Patsy and then read elsewhere that none of the experts were able to say that conclusively. Like I said, there's just too much information out there and who knows which is correct. There are forums out there that do nothing but discuss this case, even 20 years later. It's crazy.
    lindsaywhit and garysgirl1999 like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

The CBS show was supposed to be 4-2 hour episodes. Apparently it was found to be tediously long by the focus group so it was edited down to what was aired.

This documentary changed my mind about the case. The A&E documentary supported everything I always thought so I was satisfied. But this doc presented a really convincing scenario. they showed clips of Burke's interview the A&E one did not show. I don't know what the Ramseys told burke that morning, but after being asked by the interviewer, Burke said the very first thing he said to his parents was, "where did they find the body?", which i thought was a really weird. wouldn't you first ask how she died?

when asked how he feels about what happened to jonbenet, he said, "i'm just going to go on with my life", or something like that, and he seemed almost delighted. as a 9 year old, i think if someone came in my house and killed any of us i'd be scared they could come back and do it again.

and how weird was it the flashlight had NO fingerprints on it, not even the batteries inside it had fingerprints. would the last person to hold it and/or put batteries in it not leave prints? and it's right on the kitchen table, not a usual place for a big flashlight like that, so who put it there? someone tried to say a cop put it there but all the cops said they didn't.

an intruder could not have come through that little basement window the night of the murder because the next morning when the cops videotaped that window, there was an old spider web that was obviously not fresh, still in tact in the corner, and no way could an intruder climb through there and not disturb that web in the corner.

one of the investigators there that morning said the cops told John they were gonna search the house from top to bottom and at that point, he said John made a beeline for the basement and the investigator said he saw John open the basement and say, "she's down here" before he even turned on the light. Right after he said that the light came on. They also noted that John knew it was JonBenet even though she was completely covered in a blanket. They said they would not have known a little girl was in that blanket unless they saw her first.
    Last edited by panic; September 22nd, 2016 at 06:32 PM.
    "I would have gladly held my nose and did the right thing all damn day long to keep Trump out of the fucking White House and it wouldn't have butt hurt me at all."...gas_chick

What I read regarding the autopsy findings was that there was no evidence of rape the night she died but there was evidence of "chronic sexual abuse." The evidence cited was a 1 cm by 1 cm tear in her hymen, blood and contusions in the vagina. So something fucked up was going on with her.

The biggest thing was the note obviously written by Patsy. That points to her in my book. I mean she was a pageant mom FFS. She probably flipped her shit that JonBenet wet the bed again, was yanking her around in anger while roughly cleaning her up, and accidentally hit her head on a hard surface in the bathroom. I could even see the chronci vaginal penetration being Patsy's sick form of punishment. Or anyone in the sick manatyyyy pageant world could have done that.
    a31cefiro likes this.

in this scenario, burke was implicated. a former friend of the ramsey's said burke once hit jonbenet with a golf club in the eye.

they even brought in a 10 year old to recreate their theory of the flashlight being used as the weapon, and to see if the kid could break the skull. the kid broke it and the break was almost exactly the same shape as jonbenet's fractured skull.

their theory is that burke was jealous because he was an only child for a while and when jonbenet came along, the mother pretty much ignored him to manage jonbenet's pageant career.
    "I would have gladly held my nose and did the right thing all damn day long to keep Trump out of the fucking White House and it wouldn't have butt hurt me at all."...gas_chick

Quote Originally Posted by panic View Post
    in this scenario, burke was implicated. a former friend of the ramsey's said burke once hit jonbenet with a golf club in the eye.

they even brought in a 10 year old to recreate their theory of the flashlight being used as the weapon, and to see if the kid could break the skull. the kid broke it and the break was almost exactly the same shape as jonbenet's fractured skull.

their theory is that burke was jealous because he was an only child for a while and when jonbenet came along, the mother pretty much ignored him to manage jonbenet's pageant career.
    I could see that too. Again, in this scenario the parents wrote the note and covered it up.
    louiswinthorpe111 likes this.

yes, that's another thing. in the A&E doc, they said that back in the 90s, Hard Copy reported that a handwriting analyst confirmed that patsy wrote the ransom note but it actually wasn't true. they said no expert ever confirmed it.

but then, on yet another doc on the ID channel, on a close up of the ransom note and a close up shot of patsy's handwriting that she provided for police, side by side, the similarities were undeniable. Most people write the letter c with a round back, like this: c. But on both of these handwritings, the letter c had a point in the middle of the back, not a full circled back.

Also, the letter q on both handwritings looked like an 8. I don't know how even one person would write a q like that, but how could two people have such a uniquely flawed q?

But for some reason, these close up comparisons were not shown on this doc on cbs which is strange since it would support what they were saying. I was waiting for them to show that to really confirm it.
    Beeyotch likes this.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information