Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
Like Tree219Likes

Thread: JonBenet Ramsey's brother gives his first-ever interview with Dr. Phil

I find it so weird that he is the target of the suit. I would think they would go after CBS, but I'm not sure what this guy Spitz specifically said. This might just be the beginning of multiple suits, though.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I find it so weird that he is the target of the suit. I would think they would go after CBS, but I'm not sure what this guy Spitz specifically said. This might just be the beginning of multiple suits, though.
    As far as I understand it , in the run up to the CBS documentary Spitz stated somewhere that Burke did it without any "by the way this is just speculation" disclaimer like CBS did .

iI find it so weird that he is the target of the suit. I would think they would go after CBS, but I'm not sure what this guy Spitz specifically said. This might just be the beginning of multiple suits, though.
    if it helps, what i wrote were his exact words but i get you probably meant the full content of what he said on cbs. either way i should've put it in quotes.

A&E aired two docs on this subject recently, but if you watch it, make sure you see the second one, "The Killing of JonBenet: Her Father Speaks", because that's the one that directly responds to some of the things on the CBS doc.

on the HLN doc, they only showed Dr. Spitz saying the one sentence I posted. it was on a clip from what looked like a cable news show or cnn, about 20 years ago. when i saw him say it about a week or two ago, i didn't know he never viewed the body or the crime scene or even consulted with the pathologist who performed the autopsy. but i did notice it was the opposite of what he said on the cbs doc.
    "The Park City Men's March is underway! There's only 8 of us but we're yelling Warrant lyrics outside of a Sephora."...Patton Oswalt

Thanks, Panic. USA Today had a story today that the same attorney will be going after CBS also. CBS has put up a brave face and is standing by its story, but they have said that in the past and had their *ss handed to them.

Thanks, Panic. USA Today had a story today that the same attorney will be going after CBS also. CBS has put up a brave face and is standing by its story, but they have said that in the past and had their *ss handed to them.
    Please, just say Ass so I don't have to wonder why you're talking about the SS is being handed over to anyone.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    Please, just say Ass so I don't have to wonder why you're talking about the SS is being handed over to anyone.
    Sorry. I'm in the habit of using asterisks at work so that I don't get flagged on some outbound content monitor. But I'm home now. Ass! Ass! Ass! Ass!

The worst thing that I've said on my work email was "You're killing me smalls"
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

More LOLsuits.
    Burke Ramsey files $750M suit against CBS, experts in JonBenet special

Kevin Vaughan , KUSA 1:37 PM. MST December 28, 2016

(Photo: Barry Williams, 2006 Getty Images)

KUSA - Burke Ramsey filed a $750 million lawsuit Wednesday against CBS, a production company and seven consultants over a TV special that aired in September, accusing him of killing his younger sister, JonBenet Ramsey, in Boulder in 1996.

The show in question, The Case Of: JonBenet Ramsey, aired Sept. 18 and 19.

On Wednesday 9 Wants to Know obtained a copy of the suit, which was filed in Michigan.

It names CBS Corp., Critical Content LLC and consultants Jim Clemente, Laura Richards, Jim Kolar, James Fitzgerald, Stanley Burke, Werner Spitz and Henry Lee.

The suit seeks $250 million in compensatory damages and $500 million in punitive damages.

According to a copy of the suit, Burke Ramsey filed it to “redress the permanent damage to his reputation resulting from Defendants’ false accusation that he killed his sister, JonBenét Ramsey.”

It is the second defamation filed by Burke Ramsey since the broadcast of the CBS special, The Case Of: JonBenet Ramsey. Investigators involved in that show suggested that Burke had killed JonBenet by hitting her in the head with a flashlight.

On Oct. 6, JonBenet’s brother sued Dr. Werner Spitz, one of those experts involved in the CBS special, for defamation. That suit, also filed in Michigan, seeks $150 million in damages.

That suit was based in part on comments Spitz made during an interview with CBS Detroit on Sept. 19 suggesting that Burke Ramsey killed his younger sister.

According to the suit, during the interview Spitz said, “If you really, really use your free time to think about this case, you cannot come to a different conclusion.”

It also attributed other statements to him – “It’s the boy who did it, whether he was jealous, or mentally unfit or something,” and, “I don’t know the why, I’m not a psychiatrist, but what I am sure about is what I know about him, that is what happened here.”

The suit labeled Spitz “a publicity seeker with a history of interjecting himself in high profile cases in an effort to make money, exaggerate his resume and claim a level of expertise that he does not possess or deserve.”

The suit noted that in addition to the murder of JonBenet, Burke Ramsey had endured the deaths of his older sister, Beth, in a car crash in 1991 and his mother to cancer in 2006.

“Burke’s life has also for the past 20 years been lived under the cloud of years of false accusations against his parents and periodic media frenzies,” the suit alleges. “Now Defendant Spitz has attacked and permanently harmed the reputation of 29-year-old Burke Ramsey by describing him as a killer since age 9.”

Spitz’s attorneys have asserted that his statements were his opinion and protected by the First Amendment. They have filed a motion to have the suit dismissed.
    Burke Ramsey files $750M suit against CBS, experts in JonBenet special | 9news.com

"I don't want to see a ghost. It's the sight that I fear most. I'd rather have a piece of toast." Des'ree

Sorry. I'm in the habit of using asterisks at work so that I don't get flagged on some outbound content monitor. But I'm home now. Ass! Ass! Ass! Ass!
    D@mn it! I miss Mo and his *ss! (or should that be M*??)
    Wisher2 and CornFlakegrl like this.
    Free Charmed.

Gold Member

You know, I'm with Burke on this one. If CBS is going to make millions by accusing and basically convicting someone who has never even been charged, then they better get ready to prove it.

This, btw, is slander, James Woods.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread Information