Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
Like Tree215Likes

Thread: Jodi Arias on Trial for Murdering Travis Alexander

Yeah, I guess she didn't do enough crosschecking with those dates. I wonder what else is in those journals...did she ever write anything negative? Talk about her feelings? Because if she didn't, she will just say she only wrote about the "nice" things. To protect Travis of course, in case anyone ever discovered her journal. The entries I saw seemed pretty superficial, not innermost secrets, more like "Dear Diary, today I went to the amusement park with Travis, and then we stopped for ice cream, it was so fun!" Like some young girl would write. Ok, maybe a slutty teen girl because she did talk about fulfilling sexual fantasies, but even that was really vague, like omg I can't say too much in case mom finds this!

But my favorite part of the cross was when the prosecutor said "when you were on your way to Mesa to murder Travis..." and her attorneys didn't even object! Jodi objected herself, sort of, saying "I can't answer, the way it was phrased" or something like that.
    sprynkles likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Even though all the talking heads said he came on too strong, I love this PA. I think he should keep it up. I see her totally cracking and losing her shit on the stand with him.
    Trixie and garysgirl1999 like this.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

I'm not sure what I think of him yet...on the one hand, I do like that he's busting her in lies and I think he's got a lot more up his sleeve too. I guess it depends on how many days he's planning to cross-examine her. It could get old after awhile and perhaps turn off the jury. On the other hand, he's definitely showing the jury that Jodi's no cowering wallflower. She claims she gets scared and "shakes like a chihuahua" when men try to intimidate her, then why is she so smirky and defiant on the stand with him? Kinda blows the whole battered woman syndrome thing...
    sprynkles likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    I'm not sure what I think of him yet...on the one hand, I do like that he's busting her in lies and I think he's got a lot more up his sleeve too. I guess it depends on how many days he's planning to cross-examine her. It could get old after awhile and perhaps turn off the jury. On the other hand, he's definitely showing the jury that Jodi's no cowering wallflower. She claims she gets scared and "shakes like a chihuahua" when men try to intimidate her, then why is she so smirky and defiant on the stand with him? Kinda blows the whole battered woman syndrome thing...
    It could get old - the jury has already been through a lot of testimony. However, he could tie up the most important parts in the summation.

I can't get past her confidence on the stand. Her facial expressions and dismissiveness are really unexpected. I'm hoping the jury reads into the dichotomy of her literally falling to pieces over the details when brought out by her defense attorney, vs. her total blase reaction to them when brought up again by the prosecutor.

Silver Member

Please let the jury get it right.

And the trial moves on at a snail's pace...

Today's zinger--when Juan called her out on stopping her suicide attempt with a razor. (paraphrasing) "Can you imagine how much it hurt Travis Alexander when you stuck that knife through his chest?" That was applause-worthy! I couldn't believe when she testified how it "stung" when she nicked herself with a razor, after she STABBED SOMEONE 29 TIMES!!!! That was something that needed to be said, even if the defense objection was sustained.

Those 48 Hours clips were so damn creepy.

It is amazing how comfortable she seems in front of the cameras. I think she really is insane. I can't see her getting death after this.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

She's relentless, I'll give her that. She concedes nothing and she doesn't want to budge an inch. I imagine a conversation with her would be exhausting. Talking in circles is an understatement.

Silver Member

Who sends flowers to the grandmother after stabbing her grandson 29 times? That is....cruel isn't the word.
    garysgirl1999 likes this.

^ AND sent the family a letter, 18 pages from what I've heard. wtf.

Re the flowers, she said she sent irises because Travis liked the name "Iris" for a little girl. Also the names "Hinckley" and "Reagan." I was reading somewhere that hmmm...the main character's name in "Taxi Driver" was Travis, JODIE Foster's character was Iris, and of course the Hinckley/Reagan connection. Maybe some people are overthinking, but I have to admit that's pretty damn weird.

Silver Member

Of all the things Jodi might have felt, shame isn't one of them.

Elite Member

I feel sorry for the jurors. I can't imagine sitting through all this crap.
    Grammar: The difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit.

Okay court adjourned early, not sure yet why. But her defense att. said, after the jury had been excused, that Jodi is not being given lunch by the jail and she gets migraines. He also asked that court not go beyond 4:30pm MST for her health. If today is the first time the jail didn't provide her lunch, fine. But if she's not gotten lunch ever, her lawyer should have noticed imo.
    I have Mondays off and try to watch and it doesn't seem like they even start the trial until after lunch time anyway. How many hours a day do they have the actual trial going? It just doesn't seem like they spend a lot of time in session.

They don't start until 10:30 am AZ time because the judge takes care of her other cases in the morning. Then they get in an hour or so of testimony (1.5 tops) and take a "short lunch break" of 1.5 hours. Afternoons they go to 4:30 with a 20 minute break in mid-afternoon. With all the delays, sidebars, getting the jury in and out, I'd say they're lucky to get 3 hours of testimony per day. Oh, and that's only 4 days per week, because AZ doesn't have court on Fridays. It's pretty damn ridiculous, and imo, total disrespect for the jurors' time.
    sprynkles likes this.

Well I guess that will cut down on anyone nodding off.

I wonder why they don't have court on Fridays? I also wonder why this judges other cases aren't given to some other judge.

Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread Information