Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
Like Tree215Likes

Thread: Jodi Arias on Trial for Murdering Travis Alexander

^ Honestly, I think her lawyer hates her. He tried to withdraw from the case at some point, but his request was denied. And I'm pretty sure she went through a few lawyers before she got these. In fact, was representing herself until she realized she was in over her head. I think that's why it's taken so long for this to get to trial.

She certainly seems like a nightmare client...her attorney asked so many leading questions that she could have capitalized on, and she was too dumb to take the bait. He has to be totally exasperated with her.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

It really sounded like she was making it up as she went. She is saying he was shot first then she remembers nothing? Wow.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

She really seems to have NO clue how she comes across. That bit about buying a gun (after the killing) because of a camping trip she was planning with a bunch of guys? (And you know how a bunch of drunk guys can get, a girl needs to protect herself...) She lied because she didn't want people to think she was capable of such a killing (ummm, wouldn't most people be horrified at themselves for being capable of such brutality, much more than what people would think of them?) She made it very clear that once Travis was gone, she wasn't thinking about Travis anymore, it was all Jodi. No remorse, just self-preservation. I don't believe she blacked out, but I believe she's blocked it out, it's all justified in her mind now.

I can't wait to see what the prosecutor does with her. I'm thinking it will be pretty surreal.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

So excited, she's on the stand right now and the state prosecutor is finally getting his chance to cross examine her. I want to see what she says, if she's caught in lies and how pissed she gets. Lol

First question to her: "is this a picture of your dumb sister?" as he holds a picture of Jodi and her sister and she said on the sex tape that her sister was stupid and dumb.
    sprynkles and garysgirl1999 like this.

Silver Member

Juan is tearing into her.

Quote Originally Posted by Fairy View Post
    Juan is tearing into her.
    Watching right now. She seems pretty calm, though. Almost smirking, like she has an answer for everything.

ETA: That Kirk Nurmi dude is gigantic. Like an NFL lineman.

Lots of smirking like she is enjoying running the Jodi show. She acts like a sociopath, loving the attention and thinking its a game she is going to win. She's not hanging her head down and using a little girl voice like she did with the defense attorney, her demeanor is the opposite now. She's getting caught in some lies though, her finger and simple things like saying Travis wasn't mad at her, then going "oh yes, he was." once she is reminded of what she said before. Liar!
    sprynkles and garysgirl1999 like this.

Omg you guys, I'm so bummed I'm missing it. Thanks a million for the updates.Drinks on me !

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

I caught a little this morning and on the radio on the way home. Doesn't seem like he's rattled her yet, but they're not into any of the good stuff yet. And yes, I think she's smirking. We'll see how long that lasts.

I am tired of this ugly hooker's face every time I turn on the news in the afternoon.

You're not sexy, bitch. You're boring.

OMG..this PA is totally busting her over secret messages she wrote in a magazine!!!! This is wild!

^ That was good, but I still don't quite understand where that was going, other than showing she's a sneaky little bitch. I hope he gets back to it tomorrow.

Well there is no court tomorrow. It's not at all like the Casey Anthony trial where the judge even held court on Saturdays. I loved that trial lol.

I want to ask this, if you were on the jury and ordered not to read or hear anything about the trial or the defendant, would you? Could you?

I honestly don't know if I could. Or would.

Oh that's right, I forgot today was Thursday and there's no court on Friday. I guess that's standard in AZ but even the days they do have court, they sure take their sweet time getting started and never go past 4:30. Anthony's jury was sequestered though, so I think that was at least one of the reasons that judge kept long hours and had court on Saturdays. But even though this jury isn't sequestered, the judge doesn't seem to have much respect for their time.

If I was a juror, I think I could and would stay away from any outside information about the case. It would be hard for an internet junkie like me though. But there are lots of people who don't follow this kind of stuff, and unless you watch 48 Hours and Inside Edition, there's a good chance you wouldn't know much coming into this case. I really didn't, just a vague recollection before this trial started. Of course now I know waaay too much about it!

Juan did a good job showing that Jodi was a manipulative sneaky bitch with the secret messages through the magazines and showed she had potential to manipulate others to lie to go along with her side of the story.

I was also impressed with how he showed she was a liar about her pedophile story- she said she walked in on him and then walked right out and drove home in her car, then he called her many times that night and she didnt respond. But their text messages that day sound total normal discussing how her car was at his house, how he wasn't home as he was at a Mormon church get together and there was no anger other than him being irritated that she wanted to exchange vehicles and he got a ride from someone so she could get her car and instead she went to sleep after making a big deal over it.

I also wasn't aware of her journals. Juan did a great job showing how full of shit she is. She wrote an entry on January 20th saying she screwed Travis, then January 24th wrote how nothing had happened in the past 4 days so that's why she didn't write. Yet on the stand she said the pedophile incident happened on Jan. 21st and he broke her finger on Jan. 22nd. Apparently that wasn't "noteworthy"...

Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread Information