Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
Like Tree215Likes

Thread: Jodi Arias on Trial for Murdering Travis Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzy View Post
    May 10, 2008 - sex tape recorded

May 28, 2008 - .25 caliber pistol is stolen from Jodi's home (grandparents pistol, she was living with her grandparents)

June 2, 2008 - she rents car out of town.

June 3, 2008 - borrows gas cans from Darryl & her cell is switched off for approx 20 Hrs.

June 4, 2008 - she murdered him.
    Thanks, Jazzy. By the way, do you know where in the timeline she drives off and meets up with the next boyfriend? If it is just a couple days later, I would think that seriously undercuts the self-defense claims, because a) she didn't call the police like most people who killed someone defending themselves after a violent argument would typically do, and b) she moved right on to another guy as if nothing happened. Also, it would seem to undercut her claim that she was somehow under Travis' control or that she was at his beck and call, if she was already cultivating a relationship with another guy.

I think the only "self-defense" that occurred was when Travis fought back after she stabbed him the first time. How inconsiderate of him to not go down and stay down after the stab to the heart.

I re-watched the first 48 Hours piece they did on her from a few years ago. This was when she was still claiming the "ninjas" killed him. Her story was so ridiculous that I don't know how the interviewer kept a straight face. Obviously Jodi never planned to go with self-defense but was forced to due to the forensic evidence against her.

I still say the self-defense claim is just a last-ditch effort to get anything but a death penalty verdict. The only thing she's managed to prove so far is that they had a consensual sexual relationship, and that Travis wasn't the innocent Mormon boy people thought he was. Did he treat her badly, give her mixed signals, lead her on? I think so. Did he drive her to kill him? Of course not, but I think the defense is hoping the jury will feel enough sympathy to convict on 2nd degree. Which is difficult, since there is clear evidence of premeditation.

This case is reminding me a bit of Betty Broderick, who was also charged with first degree murder, also with clear evidence of premeditation. But the case ended up with second-degree convictions, and it took 2 trials to get that. She didn't claim self-defense of course (considering she shot her ex and wife while they were asleep in bed would've made that difficult I suppose) but people felt sorry for her (and still do) because of the way her ex treated her. I think what Jodi is going for is a mix of the Betty "battered woman syndrome" defense, mix in some self-defense, and let's see what sticks defense. I also think it's a much harder sell than it was for Betty, but it's probably her only hope at this point. Remember, Jodi was willing to take a second-degree plea, but the prosecution wouldn't go for it.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    I think the only "self-defense" that occurred was when Travis fought back after she stabbed him the first time. How inconsiderate of him to not go down and stay down after the stab to the heart.

I re-watched the first 48 Hours piece they did on her from a few years ago. This was when she was still claiming the "ninjas" killed him. Her story was so ridiculous that I don't know how the interviewer kept a straight face. Obviously Jodi never planned to go with self-defense but was forced to due to the forensic evidence against her.

I still say the self-defense claim is just a last-ditch effort to get anything but a death penalty verdict. The only thing she's managed to prove so far is that they had a consensual sexual relationship, and that Travis wasn't the innocent Mormon boy people thought he was. Did he treat her badly, give her mixed signals, lead her on? I think so. Did he drive her to kill him? Of course not, but I think the defense is hoping the jury will feel enough sympathy to convict on 2nd degree. Which is difficult, since there is clear evidence of premeditation.

This case is reminding me a bit of Betty Broderick, who was also charged with first degree murder, also with clear evidence of premeditation. But the case ended up with second-degree convictions, and it took 2 trials to get that. She didn't claim self-defense of course (considering she shot her ex and wife while they were asleep in bed would've made that difficult I suppose) but people felt sorry for her (and still do) because of the way her ex treated her. I think what Jodi is going for is a mix of the Betty "battered woman syndrome" defense, mix in some self-defense, and let's see what sticks defense. I also think it's a much harder sell than it was for Betty, but it's probably her only hope at this point. Remember, Jodi was willing to take a second-degree plea, but the prosecution wouldn't go for it.
    GACK! Don't get me started on that crazy murdering bitch! And her fucking defenders!
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

^ Ha, trust me, this Arias bitch is worse!
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

"Let's see what sticks" defense is the best description I've heard of this mess so far.
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Broderick got fucked over in her divorce but her actions were wrong. This Arias chick is the same, there is a right way and a wrong way, this was wrong.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Silver Member

At least she is getting to the murder. I wan't to see how she explains this. I have the impression would walk away from this trial if he could. He doesn't seem comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by Fairy View Post
    At least she is getting to the murder. I wan't to see how she explains this. I have the impression would walk away from this trial if he could. He doesn't seem comfortable.
    I saw a brief news blurb somewhere today that said the following:

1. Arias is claiming she had nothing to do with the .22 that went missing during her grandparents' household burglary.
    2. Arias is claiming she did not bring a knife or gun with her on her trip down to Alexanders' house.

She's testifying now about when he was killed. Such horseshit, she had 5 years to think of a story and all she comes up with is- I dropped his camera and he chased me and I got a gun out of his closet that I knew was there from when I cleaned his closet as his maid. I pointed the gun and he charged me and and the gun went off, then he said he will kill me. I dont remember stabbing him, I must have blacked out, I don't remember much at all, I have no memory aafter the gun went off. My clearest memory after the gun was driving through the desert. I did dropped the knife in the bathroom and screamed and he was on the floor. (No knife was found in the house!) I put the knife in the dishwasher. I remember throwing the gun in the desert.

The knife was one she claims they used to cut a rope that Travis used to tie he up to the bed with, it was too long. She says she took the rope with her and threw it away, the gun and rope were thrown away at two different locations. She noticed she was covered in blood while driving and used bottled water to clean herself up after driving awhile. She says now that she doesn't remember what happened to the knife because all she had in the car was the rope and gun. She said she thought he was dead when she was driving, but hoped he wasn't dead.

The timeline still doesn't add up. There was like a minute between the shower picture when he was alive and the next picture of him on the ground bleeding, probably from first attack of gun shot before stabbing. Yet she says she took his pictures while he showered, dropped camera and he chased her down hall, into the closet where she got the gun by using a chair, then he chased her into the bathroom where she shot him and forgot that she stabbed him 29 times. One of the pictures shows her dragging his body back to the shower. How did she do all that so fast? Only explanation is that she had the weapons on her when she took the last picture or him alive, then she attacked him and dropped the camera during the attack. Also, she is saying she shot him in the bathroom, not inside the shower. I am pretty sure forensics showed he was shot in the shower, then the stabbings happened around the bathroom and down the hall to his room, then she dragged him back to the shower and rinsed his body off.

Thank you so much DD. I'm at work. Wish I was home for this part.

I think she had him at gun point during those last shower pictures. He looks pretty weird in them imo.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

^ No problem and yeah, his face seems kinda odd in his last picture like he sees a gun or something.

So she says she had plans to meet her friends and that one dude she had been trying to hook up with. She wanted to act normal and told them she got lost and hung out with that guy and kissed him. She mentioned her phone was off for 20 hours because her phone died and she didn't have her charger, but she found it under the passenger seat after killing Travis and was able to call her friends while driving and she also called Travis' voicemail to "throw off the scent". Travis' family looks pissed off and irritated by her lies.

She spent the night, but had to leave the next day to get to work. She said she had no idea why her license plates on her rental car were upside down when she was driving back home. She thinks she rented that way or some skater kids did it when she stopped at Starbucks. She said she didn't have a plan on what she would say about what happened to Travis- she just wanted to go home and "wanted to die".

Quote Originally Posted by DeadDwarf View Post
    The timeline still doesn't add up. There was like a minute between the shower picture when he was alive and the next picture of him on the ground bleeding, probably from first attack of gun shot before stabbing. Yet she says she took his pictures while he showered, dropped camera and he chased her down hall, into the closet where she got the gun by using a chair, then he chased her into the bathroom where she shot him and forgot that she stabbed him 29 times. One of the pictures shows her dragging his body back to the shower. How did she do all that so fast? Only explanation is that she had the weapons on her when she took the last picture or him alive, then she attacked him and dropped the camera during the attack. Also, she is saying she shot him in the bathroom, not inside the shower. I am pretty sure forensics showed he was shot in the shower, then the stabbings happened around the bathroom and down the hall to his room, then she dragged him back to the shower and rinsed his body off.
    Thanks for the update, DeadDwarf. That story doesn't make sense at all to me.

After all the other details, including how he supposedly attacked her, I don't think you get to the part where you forget how you actually stabbed him and cut his throat. How convenient.

So, even after she grabs a gun in the closet, he is STILL chasing her (not afraid of the gun), and where she ends up shooting him is in the bathroom? How convenient. That is her attempt to explain why she would have a gun in the bathroom without her knowingly carrying it in their to go shoot him.

Does anybody have remember the forensic examiner's testimony on the blood spatter (like, did most of it come from him already lying in a prone position) ?

^ I didn't see any of the forensics testimony, but from what I've read, there was very little blood from the gunshot wound, so it seemed the gunshot was the last injury inflicted, NOT the first. He'd already bled out by the time he was shot.

eta: plus, I believe the trajectory doesn't match her story. It was downward, so she was standing over him at the time. IIRC.

I also am dumbfounded that this is the best she could come up with. But she couldn't admit to anything that would show premeditation, so she had to find a way that the weapons were there, and handy, and not brought in by her. I don't see how anyone could buy the coinkydink about her grandparents gun though. I think it would have been more believable that she had a gun with her for protection (she was a woman traveling alone after all) but then she would've had to admit to staging a burglary to get the gun. Bottom line, she's not as smart as she thinks she is...
    Last edited by Trixie; February 20th, 2013 at 02:07 PM.
    sprynkles likes this.

I don't know about coming up with a better story... She seems dumber than a box of rocks and I think her lawyer may have just given up on coaching her at this point.
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread Information