Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Like Tree215Likes

Thread: Jodi Arias on Trial for Murdering Travis Alexander

After hearing that she was stalking him, slashing tires, breaking into his house while he's asleep, why on earth was she allowed into his house for their day long shagfest before she killed him?
    I heard Travis' mentor say that Travis was worried this chick was going to kill him. So why would he let her in?

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    I heard Travis' mentor say that Travis was worried this chick was going to kill him. So why would he let her in?
    Probably the hot sex overcame his reservations. From reading his website that was linked here, Travis didn't know who he was or what he wanted. Trying to marry the ecstasies of religion with the irresistible dramas of sex with a crazy woman (like mama) has me thinking that Travis wasn't much saner than Jodi, just less murderous.
    MohandasKGanja likes this.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

Just heard this on Nancy Grace. The jury has an 11 day break, the prosecution has rested. The jury asked if all the roommates alibis had been checked out. Okay...she has admitted she killed him. WTH???

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    Just heard this on Nancy Grace. The jury has an 11 day break, the prosecution has rested. The jury asked if all the roommates alibis had been checked out. Okay...she has admitted she killed him. WTH???
    I was just logging in to mention this. Nancy Grace and Jane Velez Mitchell were both freaking out about the jury questions -- as if the jury's questions were implying that maybe they were somehow so dumb that they couldn't understand that the fact that Arias took Alexander's life is uncontested by the defense. However, one of the defense attorneys who was on Grace's show basically said, "It pains me to say this as a defense attorney, but all the evidence, and the defense's stance" is that Arias killed Alexander. And that the only card left to play is "why" (self defense).

I admit, I can't get my mind wrapped around him having sex with someone who he believe slashed his tires. The only explanation, I think, is related to what Olivia said. That his background was messed up enough that he might have been making some inconsistent decisions.

Back to Grace and Mitchell - part of me thinks they are just hyping this aspect of the trial (poor closing by the prosecution and weird jury questions) to make it seem like the trial isn't necessarily an open and shut case, and to keep viewers from tuning out.

Yes that is 100% true. They were pretty much on the guilty side in the Casey Anthony trial. But this chick admitted to killing him. I can't believe the defense isn't going for an insanity case. If they put that out there, surely the jury would agree and spare her life. Unless they're hoping for a Casey Anthony jury.
    I bet even though Travis was afraid she did those things and was scary as hell, he never thought his worshipper would really hurt him. And he wanted to screw her one last time since she was there and he knew he'd never get any from the other chick he actually wanted to go to Cabo with.

I wish there was more of a trial like if she took the stand but I can't stop watching Nancy Grace and Dr. Drew. The detective that grilled her in the beginning was brilliant. His delivery was like an actor. I got chills. Her blank eyes and winning smile have me mesmerized. I remember when she was brought in and the video when she was putting on her makeup, then I forgot about her.

I miss Court TV with the OJ and Menendez trials. Just riveting. Nancy Grace was hilarious when she was talking about one of Jodi's confessions about the ninja style attack on Travis. I tend to forget about the poor victim when it's such a sensational story. I didn't follow Casey Anthony but this one needs go on longer - you know what I mean.
    card likes this.

I haven't really been following, but just watched the 48 Hours program on her, and realized I saw the other one they did a few years back. Obviously, batshit crazy, and obviously guilty as hell. But I have to admit that after Casey Anthony, I wouldn't call anything a slam dunk, because even after all the lies Casey told, she still wasn't convicted.

In this case however, it seems there was such overwhelming physical evidence that other than pleading self-defense, there really was no defense. So, can't blame a girl for trying, lol. But how does she explain the gun and the knife (which I believe were never found?) Kinda convenient to have such weapons available at a moment's notice.

I think this was definitely an obsessed, delusional woman scenario--she converted to Mormonism for him and at one point moved to his town, without any indication that this was a serious relationship. I think she did all the pursuing and probably stalked him too. But, it doesn't seem like he did much to discourage her or stop having sex with her, while pretending to the world that he was a chaste good Mormon boy.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Well, the defense started their questioning today. Watching Nancy Grace's re-caps are very entertaining. She said that in person, Jodi Arias looks more frail than she does on TV, and that her chair is set really low, so she looks all demure and petite next to her lawyer team.

Last night Nancy got information that Jodi wanted to plead guilty to 2nd degree murder, facing 20 to life, but the prosecution said that was not enough of a sentence, so they said 1st degree only.

Today Nancy visited the jail that Jodi is housed in. She found out that Jodi has a girlfriend in jail. I don't know where she gets this info, but she was sitting down with a prison guard, tasting the food that is served, and walking around the exercise yard. Gotta love Nancy, she gets so wound up about this case.

Travis certainly seemed far from the good Mormon boy, Nancy Grace is saying how he called Jodi Arias the "3 hole wonder" LOL. So they definitely weren't adhering to their chaste Mormon beliefs, but Arias seems crazy... just a real sociopath. Like Chalet said, she has this winning smile in these photos you see, but her eyes are just blank, and dark. There is something missing in those eyes....

Ha, is there any case Nancy doesn't get wound up about?

I've been trying to do some reading and have been watching trutv when I can about this case. One thing I haven't been able to find anything about, is Jodi's background...family, upbringing, anything about her before she met Travis. It's all people who knew her through Travis, or through the "pre-paid legal" company they worked for. Maybe I just haven't found the right articles yet, but it's almost like this girl didn't exist before she hooked up with him. Odd.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Here is a link to her my space page for anyone that's interested.

Jodi Arias on Myspace

Also a link to 48 Hours, they ran an update on an older piece they done in 2008 it is called "Picture Perfect"

Picture Perfect: The trial of Jodi Arias - 48 Hours - CBS News
    MsChiff likes this.

I am trying to figure out the the defense's presentation so far and how it would be relevant. Apparently, they had a former boyfriend up there and he said that she was a great girlfriend, jealous, and great around his child. So, what if you were a great girlfriend to a different guy? There is a literal Mt. Everest of evidence that she ended up being a really bad girlfriend for Travis.

Apparently, there is some kind of focus on Travis being some kind of controlling sex fiend. Except he moved away from her. And after they were no longer an item, she drove down to his place, had sex with him and then killed him. It would be more accurate to say "slaughtered" since he was stabbed, shot and had his throat slashed.

It really bothers me that a person could be killed in such a wanton fashion, and with no sign that he lashed out at her physically (defense wounds on his fingers), and that it could be a legitimate defense tactic to now totally trash this guy as being the aggressor and that he was sexually over the top. In people's private lives, they are entitled to be a little freaky in the bedroom. I don't see anything so far that would indicate that he was dominating or degrading her, or that she wasn't free to continue to maintain her hundreds of miles of distance from him once they broke up.

I thought he did have some defense wounds on his hands? Not totally sure about that though.

I watched some of the trial coverage yesterday. A former girlfriend of Travis's testified. He met her at a Mormon singles group, she was only 19 when they dated, and he was 29. She felt he was looking for a wife, and she wasn't ready for that. She was a virgin, and he professed to be one too, even though he was having sex with Jodi during the entire time they dated. She found out through a roommate of his and broke off the relationship.

So basically, he was playing both of these women, looking for a good Mormon girl to marry but screwing the crazy one behind her back. IMO, he may not have pursued Arias but he didn't exactly discourage her either. Clearly, he only wanted her for sex but the more he had sex with her, the more she thought they were in a relationship. Not saying he abused her, but I do believe he led her on when it suited his purposes. If someone is stalking you, you don't continue to welcome them into your house for sex. He thought he was in control of the situation, when obviously, he wasn't. Of course I'm not saying he deserved to be brutally murdered, but boy he sure underestimated her. As you said, this was a slaughter, total overkill. It would take some intense pent-up psycho anger to stab someone 29 times and slash their throat.
    MsChiff, Kat Scorp, Jazzy and 2 others like this.

Bronze Member

if this isn't allowed, please remove or let me know. i just thought i'd mention it for those interested in the case.

you might want to check out the websleuths.com forum. i think they're already up to 20 threads on the arias case alone. they have EVERYTHING you could possibly want to know about it. those people follow every minute of testimony. there are tons of links, crime scene photos etc....

there were some great moments yesterday! the prosecutor is so awesome.. very dramatic!!! I love it.

ps, really well said Trixie.. I totally agree!

^ Thanks. I agree yesterday was riveting! I disagree with Nancy Grace et al that it wasn't a good day for the defense. I think the ex's testimony demonstrated perfectly that Travis was leading a "double life" so to speak. Again, I don't know that he abused Jodi, but there was clearly a difference in the way he treated the "nice" girlfriend.

I was reading an article where Travis's family said that Jodi "took away" his virginity. You don't hear that very often when it comes to a man. It made me wonder if she really was his first and only sexual partner. He must have had quite a struggle going on, follow your faith, or your dick...?
    MsChiff and Jazzy like this.

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread Information