Like Tree215Likes

Thread: Jodi Arias on Trial for Murdering Travis Alexander

BBC News - Jodi Arias convicted of premeditated boyfriend of murder

Posting this link because the error in the title made me chuckle
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Quote Originally Posted by levitt View Post
    BBC News - Jodi Arias convicted of premeditated boyfriend of murder

Posting this link because the error in the title made me chuckle
    That guy she hooked up with right after murdering Travis was a premeditated boyfriend.

Soooo glad it's over because I spent way too much time watching it!

They just played her "no jury will ever convict me" clip on HLN. I had to laugh.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    They didn't give Joel Rifkin or Jeffrey Dahmer the death penalty, so she'll get life in prison.
    When I read this, the first thing that came to mind was the Seinfeld episode when Elaine's boyfriend was named Joel Rifkin.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Silver Member

Lying fool gave a news conference! Just unbelievable. Oh yeah, she'll get the death penalty.
    garysgirl1999 likes this.

Silver Member

She trashed the family and Travis, as well as the prosecutor. No remorse.
    Last edited by Fairy; May 9th, 2013 at 09:31 AM.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

'Death is the ultimate freedom': Jodi Arias reveals she WANTS the death penalty in extraordinary TV interview just hours after she is found guilty of first-degree murder

• Found guilty of first degree murder and the jury will now decide whether she will spend life in prison or be put to death
    • Arias now on suicide watch after speaking about how she wants to die

Jodi Arias said last night that she would prefer to be given the death penalty rather than life in prison after she was yesterday found guilty of first degree murder.
    Because of her emotional state, Arias is now on suicide watch as she awaits her sentencing hearing which begins today.

'The worst outcome would be natural life because longevity runs in my family,' she told MyFoxPhoenix.

'The worst outcome would be natural life. I would much rather die sooner rather than later because Longevity runs in my family, and I don't want to spend the rest of my natural life in one place. I'm pretty healthy, I don't smoke and I'll probably live for a long time so that's not something that I am looking forward to.
    'I believe death is the ultimate freedom and I'd rather have my freedom as soon as I can get it.'

The interview took place in a holding room inside the courthouse just 20 minutes after the verdict was rendered.
    And now, because of the suicidal comments she made in the interview as well as prior threats, police have put her under psychological watch to insure that she does not hurt herself while in court custody.

Since she admitted that she killed Alexander, there was no chance that she would have been found innocent, but the question of whether or not she planned the murder or whether it was committed as an act of self defense.
    Today five members of the 12-person jury found it was premeditated and the seven others found that it was both premeditated and a felony murder.
    'It was unexpected for me yes because there was no premeditation on my part,' she said in the interview.
    'The whole time I was fairly confident that I wouldn't get premeditation because there was no premeditation.'
    She said that she would have understood if they simply found her guilty of felony murder 'because of the way that the law is written' but also attributes some of her own actions that caused the jury not to believe her.
    'I can understand that because of the lies I told in the beginning, to try to cover this and hide that,' Arias said.

She took shots at prosecutor Juan Martinez, who she sparred with for weeks during her questioning. 'Prior to trial, I respected Juan as a capable attorney even though he’s done some very shady things in my case as far as hiding evidence,' she said in the Fox interview.
    'In the end what does it matter it doesn’t help my case.'
    Some of the hundreds of Alexander supporters who gathered outside of the courtroom awaiting the verdict held posters praising Martinez, one even suggesting he runs for governor of Arizona.
    Arias said that she was 'overwhelmed' and 'went blank' following the verdict, but showed little emotion.

She did not apologize to the Alexander family, saying only that 'now that a verdict has been rendered that they can find peace, or some semblance of peace.'
    When asked what she would do if she were to go back to the moment when she was standing by her car in the desert with her hands covered in Alexander's blood, she said that she would drive directly to the Mesa, Arizona police department. In the courtroom, she repeatedly said that she did not know what she would have done.
    Though she has been separated from her original pod of cellmates, Arias said that she got a sense of how big the trial was getting when new inmates would enter the prison and seek her out.
    'They want to shake my hand, they want to give me a hug. They want my autograph- I'm not going to sign anything,' she said.
    Arias was originally scheduled to speak to Fox News’ Greta Van Susteren at 10pm on Wednesday, but now that she is on suicide watch, she may not be able to grant media requests.
    The jurors will reconvene tomorrow to begin the two-part process of deciding whether or not she will receive the death penalty.

Read more: Jodi Arias says that she wants the death penalty because 'natural life would be the worst outcome since I'm healthy and will probably live for a long time' | Mail Online
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Yeah, now watch the judge throw Brer Rabbit into the briar patch. She wants the the death penalty, my aching ass.

fgg

going for a little reverse psychology? i want her ass to rot in jail.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Silver Member

I'll be shocked if she truly apologizes to the family.

Pfffft. If she really wanted the death penalty, why did her attorneys keep filing to take the DP off the table?

I heard her remarks got her on suicide watch, so I hope she's enjoying her padded cell. I also heard her court attire will be the striped prison garb from now on, since she's finally a convicted felon. Hope that means handcuffs and shackles too. No more matching outfits with her chirpy attorney.
    Callalily and garysgirl1999 like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

If she's up for the death penalty, why is she on suicide watch? Why does anyone care?
    sprynkles likes this.
    The more people I encounter, the more I like my animals.

Silver Member

For Juan:

Jurors:

Jodi:

If she gets the death penalty I hope they continually give her a stay at the last second, over and over.
    Callalily likes this.
    It's like you ate too much crazy then puked it all over a post and hit submit - Nancydrew

Silver Member

Aggravation phase is over. The jury gave the verdict that the State proved the murder was especially cruel.

Thread Information