Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 255 of 357
Like Tree215Likes

Thread: Jodi Arias on Trial for Murdering Travis Alexander

  1. #241
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    577

    Default

    Juror #8 has been dismissed. Closing arguments to be next week, then jury instructions. After everything that has been shown/said, I hope for a guilty verdict.

  2. #242
    Elite Member Annika's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,251

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Exactly, these crazies take these criminal cases to a totally different level, it's like they're a bunch of groupies trying to out-do each other on the crime boards like Websleuths. It's one thing to be a true-crime buff, quite another to insert yourself in the proceedings and harass the people involved in them.

    I'm less interested in this trial than I was at the beginning, that's for sure...
    okay i'm a member of websleuths and they are VERY strict with what you say or what you promote. the people there are not the ones giving death threats to the defense or 'intimidating' witnesses. they are all there to support the alexander family and hope for justice. if you would like to see some sick fucks take a look at the jodi arias is innocent website. they think a cult of mormons butchered travis and arias is covering for them. they call everyone on the prosecution names and call travis an asshole etc. you will NOT see that kind of behaviour on websleuths.

    my god someone got banned for calling travis' ex girlfriend a hippo, lol..
    garysgirl1999 likes this.

  3. #243
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    577

    Default

    ^Agree with the above. It is always the few who make the rest look bad.

  4. #244
    Elite Member Chalet's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    12,968

    Default

    I took a look at Websleuths for Arias. Was it me or is it a bit confusing to navigate. I tried to follow one thread and got all confused as in where to read and how to read it.

    Are they any better than us as in our fabulous GR forensics department?

  5. #245
    Elite Member McJag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    42,527

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    I took a look at Websleuths for Arias. Was it me or is it a bit confusing to navigate. I tried to follow one thread and got all confused as in where to read and how to read it.

    Are they any better than us as in our fabulous GR forensics department?
    Highly doubtful. They let things like logic get in the way. That and a failure to really appreciate if the lead attorney is/is not wearing a fabulous suit. At least we are not tiresome.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

  6. #246
    Elite Member sprynkles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    At the salon
    Posts
    17,572

    Default

    I can't believe we haven't heard from any of the dismissed jurors. Makes me wonder if they are not allowed to speak about this until it's over. Also, does anyone know who will do the sentencing? The judge or the jury?

    Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

  7. #247
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    I took a look at Websleuths for Arias. Was it me or is it a bit confusing to navigate. I tried to follow one thread and got all confused as in where to read and how to read it.
    It's ridiculously difficult to navigate. I usually use Google search to find what I want on websleuths because it just takes too long to find what I want if I actually navigate around their forum.

    Are they any better than us as in our fabulous GR forensics department?
    Websleuths is like an old biddys knitting circle. They sit around and pontificate over every excruciating detail of something (let's say a murder) and when it's solved (not by them ofc) they all pat themselves on the back as if they contributed in some way.

    yes I have bad taste in my mouth about that site also, I once reported a user for giving instructions to members on how to use Tor to access child pornography websites and what URl's to visit (they said they were there doing "research" themselves but this is what all men caught there have said in court) and the admin left the posts there because they didn't give exact clear cut instructions (exact a, b, c's in order) and because the poster had more posts than me (I have 0 lol).

  8. #248
    Elite Member Annika's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,251

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Janus View Post
    It's ridiculously difficult to navigate. I usually use Google search to find what I want on websleuths because it just takes too long to find what I want if I actually navigate around their forum.


    Websleuths is like an old biddys knitting circle. They sit around and pontificate over every excruciating detail of something (let's say a murder) and when it's solved (not by them ofc) they all pat themselves on the back as if they contributed in some way.

    yes I have bad taste in my mouth about that site also, I once reported a user for giving instructions to members on how to use Tor to access child pornography websites and what URl's to visit (they said they were there doing "research" themselves but this is what all men caught there have said in court) and the admin left the posts there because they didn't give exact clear cut instructions (exact a, b, c's in order) and because the poster had more posts than me (I have 0 lol).

    personally i can't stand the owner of websleuths (tricia griffith) and there have been a lot of scandals in the past that i won't get into. i've been a member there since 2005 and i mostly lurk but do post sometimes, i really like to read about missing people, i'm a real crime buff. there are some jerkoffs as members, one thing i noticed in this jodi arias trial is we have lots of new, younger members that are really funny and not super fundie and weird. so it's not a bad place really.
    garysgirl1999 likes this.

  9. #249
    Elite Member Chalet's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    12,968

    Default

    I just watched the closing arguments for the prosecution. I could have lived without the camera on Jodi crying because it just didn't make for good tv. The family was shown and really sobbing.

    Speaking as a non-sleuth and bad detective (Blind Items are hard for me), I'm guessing there will be no death penalty. They didn't give Joel Rifkin or Jeffrey Dahmer the death penalty, so she'll get life in prison. Or? Maybe? She'll get 25 years less the amount she's served? I dunno. Anyone want to start guessing her sentencing?

  10. #250
    Elite Member sprynkles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    At the salon
    Posts
    17,572

    Default

    I won't look at the death photos, but the jury has seen them several times. They are said to be shocking. I wouldn't rule out death.
    I personally think she is insane and should just rot. But the jury hasn't had the chance to see and hear all the police tapes with her acting nuts and her own parents saying she's nuts.

    Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

  11. #251
    Elite Member Trixie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    exiled and ostrich sized
    Posts
    16,644

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    Speaking as a non-sleuth and bad detective (Blind Items are hard for me), I'm guessing there will be no death penalty. They didn't give Joel Rifkin or Jeffrey Dahmer the death penalty, so she'll get life in prison. Or? Maybe? She'll get 25 years less the amount she's served? I dunno. Anyone want to start guessing her sentencing?
    The death penalty wasn't an option for Dahmer and Rifkin because the laws in their States didn't allow it at the time of their prosecutions. AZ obviously does have death penalty statutes. The self-defense claim is very weak, the crime itself is extremely brutal, and I think the evidence of pre-meditation is pretty strong. 25 years less time served would be a second degree sentence, and I'm not even sure if that's on the table as a possible verdict. I still don't want to guess on the death penalty, but I will be surprised if it's anything less than first degree felony murder.
    sprynkles and Annika like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~



  12. #252
    Elite Member JadeStar70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    BFE, Iowa
    Posts
    7,551

    Default

    I have not followed this trial close at all,...but is it with the jury yet? Lord,...I think I heard that it started January 2nd???
    Last edited by JadeStar70; May 3rd, 2013 at 04:39 PM.

  13. #253
    Elite Member greysfang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Burning Down Your Windmill
    Posts
    48,681

    Default

    Why isn't this bullshit over yet?
    WhateverLolaWants likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

    http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

  14. #254
    Elite Member MohandasKGanja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Wherever my kids are
    Posts
    24,324

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Why isn't this bullshit over yet?
    Prosecution made closing arguments yesterday, and Defense is making them today. Then, I guess it goes to the jury.

    I'd like to a have a better explanation of why the case started so late. She killed him in 2008, and the trial didn't start until January of 2013.

    His body was discovered on June 9, 2008.
    Arias was indicted by a grand jury on a murder charge on June 9, 2008
    Aras was arrested on July 15, 2008

    So, it was about 4 and a half years before the case went to trial. I know she initially had another attorney. Then she apparently had that attorney removed so that she could represent herself. Then, Nurmi and Wilmott became her attorneys. But 4 years?

  15. #255
    Elite Member sprynkles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    At the salon
    Posts
    17,572

    Default

    Well you guys, this is it. The jury is deliberating. Four women and eight men will decide.
    I predict first degree murder. Life with no parole.
    Callalily and garysgirl1999 like this.

    Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. US & Israel murdering Iranian scientists?
    By witchcurlgirl in forum U.S. Politics and Issues
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: January 12th, 2012, 07:53 PM
  2. Son Charged With Murdering Mom With Shovel
    By celeb_2006 in forum Crime and Punishment
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: March 20th, 2011, 01:10 AM
  3. Replies: 14
    Last Post: January 21st, 2010, 02:47 PM
  4. Father jailed for murdering baby
    By Honey in forum News
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: April 23rd, 2009, 09:50 AM
  5. Author: Jodi Picoult
    By suede in forum Books and Literature
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: May 6th, 2008, 01:54 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •