Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Like Tree215Likes

Thread: Jodi Arias on Trial for Murdering Travis Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Yeah, I was watching some of it, but it was pretty hard to watch. Very contentious questioning and it was difficult to figure out the context because I was coming in in the middle of it. But reading summaries later, it looked like Martinez was faulting the psychologist's report on validity because her PTSD diagnosis seemed to be based on when she was still telling a lie about the ninjas. If I've summarized that accurately, then that is a huge blow to the defense.
    More hammering. The psychiatrist is coming off like weasel. Martinez keeps trying to trip him up and does. If he didn't cross a T or dot an I - it takes another 20 minutes to unravel why he didn't and it's tedious.

We do think that Jodi knows she's going to prison, don't we?

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    More hammering. The psychiatrist is coming off like weasel. Martinez keeps trying to trip him up and does. If he didn't cross a T or dot an I - it takes another 20 minutes to unravel why he didn't and it's tedious.

We do think that Jodi knows she's going to prison, don't we?
    It's difficult to tell what she's thinking. Her face seems slack and expressionless. To me, she looks totally medicated with something.

I just read that juror #5 has been excused and the trial is moving on. This means she can start giving interviews. I hope she does, can't wait.

Is there trial coverage today? Anyone watching?

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

I'm multi-tasking but have HLN on in the background. They just went back to Alice the DV expert after the lunch break. Nothing earth shattering to say the least. I have to keep moving because if I sit down to watch it lulls me to sleep.

I guess the morning was in judge's chambers with the mistrial request. Denied, with the juror dismissal. HLN said she left the court sobbing, and that she can talk to the press if she wants. But her name etc won't be released, so they'll have to find her or she'll find them.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

I'm not following the trial that closely. What was the deal with the juror?
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

Oh thank you Trixie for the update. I'd be surprised if she wasn't all over the news by tonight.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

Last week, the defense made a stink about the prosecutor posing for a few pictures with his "fans" outside the courthouse...HLN had reported about it and a comment was made that it wouldn't be a good thing if a juror saw it. So all the jurors were brought in to be questioned individually by the judge. Apparently something said by juror#5 (no one knows what she said, record is sealed) prompted the defense to file another motion for a mistrial. Mistrial denied, but juror was dismissed. They had 18 jurors, only 12 will deliberate (none hearing the case know if they will be chosen or not) so they still have 5 spares.

eta: sprynkles I agree--I'm sure all the HLN night shows have their producers scrambling as we speak to find the juror!
    OrangeSlice and garysgirl1999 like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Aww. Poor juror. Stupid prosecutor. Thanks Trixie!
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

Silver Member

Can't wait for Martinez to cross examine LaViolette. She made Jodi look like stalker no. 1. The worse Travis has looked is that he didn't want a relationship with Jodi.

How is this trial still going on?
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

^ Gawd, don't even get me started. Shortened court hours/days, long lunches, holidays, illnesses, migraines, hunger pangs, mistrial hearings, prosecutorial misconduct hearings, juror questioning, and my favorite, court dismissed because a spectator puked in the aisle. Not to mention the longest, boringest, bullshit defense case on the planet, and the slowest-speaking defense attorneys known to mankind.
    Callalily and garysgirl1999 like this.

I love the no court at all on Fridays. This is NOT the Casey Anthony all day long 6 days a week trial.
    Sylkyn likes this.

Oh holy cow, did you guys see the police interviews with Jodi's mom and dad? They basically said, yeah she is nuts. Her mom even asked Jodi if she did it?
    garysgirl1999 likes this.

Yes, I'm watching HLN now...really interesting, and surprising. I had no idea they interviewed her parents. I hope they release the entire interviews on youtube. HLN of course has that way of giving you 2 minutes of tape, a minute of stupid commentary, then oh we've gotta go to commercial. Grrr

Dr. Drew will have a field day with these tonight.
    sprynkles and garysgirl1999 like this.

Silver Member

This Alyce character...

Thread Information