Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
Like Tree215Likes

Thread: Jodi Arias on Trial for Murdering Travis Alexander

Silver Member

There is discussion on HLN, whether or not the jury will give Arias 2nd degree murder.

^ I'm sure that's why the prosecutor is fighting so hard to get all the premeditation evidence in. The gas cans, the gun, the license plate, her hair color...some of it seems pretty insignificant on its own but together it tells a different story (or so they hope)

From what I've been reading online, some people think Martinez has a bombshell which goes to prove the pedophilia story was made up--no surprise but proving it would be incredibly damaging to her. Re 2nd degree, I thought it was a possibility but I think it's getting slimmer. She just came across so horribly on the stand. Not a likable defendant, IMO. Unless her domestic violence "expert" witnesses can tie it all together, I don't know. Her story is so full of holes and doesn't jive with the forensics at all. And the murder itself is so horrific.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

What I don't get about her defense is the shame she keeps talking about. She didn't tell the cops he tried to kill her. She wanted to protect his honor and keep herself out of trouble.

It is total non-sense to me. She knew at the time there was no proof of self defense on her body.

I wonder if she'd be in the same boat right now if she had said early on it was self defense. The evidence points to her being the aggressor no matter what.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

I think the "shame" is her reason/excuse/attempt at rationalization for all the lies she told before she told her current self-defense lie.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

So the "shame" kept her from going to the police. Her "shame" made her lie over and over. I get what you're saying Trixie. But what she's saying I do not get.

She admits she was worried about what would happen to her if she were caught. But she tries to muddle in that she was worried about Travis' rep. I so don't buy that.

Another thing she kept harping on...Travis could be mellowed out by her having sex with him. Then why after the sexathon they just had, did Travis go postal over

her dropping a camera. She said many times that that was his de-stresser.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

She's told so many lies trying to get her story to fit the evidence that there's no way it could make any sense. I don't know how anyone could believe any of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    From what I've been reading online, some people think Martinez has a bombshell which goes to prove the pedophilia story was made up--no surprise but proving it would be incredibly damaging to her. Re 2nd degree, I thought it was a possibility but I think it's getting slimmer. She just came across so horribly on the stand. Not a likable defendant, IMO. Unless her domestic violence "expert" witnesses can tie it all together, I don't know. Her story is so full of holes and doesn't jive with the forensics at all. And the murder itself is so horrific.
    didn't she have a friend forge 10 or so pedophilia letters supposedly from travis? i heard her mom was trying to sell them to the national enquirer. don't know if they would be admitted into evidence. i also found out she originally wanted to defend herself in court, like ted bundy. fucking psycho broad.

^ Yes, from what I've read they tried to get the letters admitted into evidence, but they couldn't be authenticated, so they weren't admitted. Apparently they only had copies, no originals. And yes, even the National Enquirer wouldn't publish them. Rumor has it her ex-bf Matt McCartney had a hand in it, and he's supposedly on the witness list, so who knows. Martinez has mentioned him a few times to Jodi, that she said Matt would never betray her. That would be the Perry Mason bombshell moment!

She DID represent herself for awhile, then went to the judge when she realized she was in over her head. That's one reason why it's taken so long for this to get to trial. She's been through a few attorneys too...Nurmi supposedly tried like hell to get released from the case but the court wouldn't let him. His fees are being paid by the State.

She's FINALLY done with her testimony though! Gawd, that was excruciating...
    garysgirl1999 likes this.

Silver Member

So happy she is off the stand.

Martinez is hammering the psychiatrist. Brutal prosecutor, yelling at the witness. Finally entertaining because I couldn't stand Jodi's monotone voice.

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    Martinez is hammering the psychiatrist. Brutal prosecutor, yelling at the witness. Finally entertaining because I couldn't stand Jodi's monotone voice.
    Yeah, I was watching some of it, but it was pretty hard to watch. Very contentious questioning and it was difficult to figure out the context because I was coming in in the middle of it. But reading summaries later, it looked like Martinez was faulting the psychologist's report on validity because her PTSD diagnosis seemed to be based on when she was still telling a lie about the ninjas. If I've summarized that accurately, then that is a huge blow to the defense.

Silver Member

Considering what a bitch Nancy Grace is , I'm surprised that one of her guests hasn't gone off on her.
    Last edited by Fairy; March 19th, 2013 at 04:47 PM.

Jane Velez Mitchell is 57 years old???? She's four years older than Nancy Grace???? Hottest former-alcoholic lesbian alive!
    sprynkles likes this.

Silver Member

Juan sounds fustrated/tired. I hope this ends soon. For him and the family.

Looks like Jodi is a little frustrated too. Guess her expert's testimony didn't go quite like she imagined.

Thread Information