Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
Like Tree215Likes

Thread: Jodi Arias on Trial for Murdering Travis Alexander

Silver Member

There is simply too much evidence to say otherwise. If she walks, my faith in the justice system will be gone.

She looks like one of the crazy mums from Toddlers and Tiaras.
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

Quote Originally Posted by laynes View Post
    Other than this thread and now the Dateline episode last night, I really hadn't paid much attention to this. But OH.MY.GAWD..who does this asshole think she's fooling? She's a classic sociopath. NO jury could be that dumb.
    She comes off as a sociopath with a dose of psychotic thrown in. She constantly changes her story, but really means it each time. For instance (and at the risk of being nit picky) in the 48 Hours Picture Perfect episode she claimed to have had an idyllic childhood. Now she claims her mother abused her. Not to mention the number of times her account of Travis Alexander's death changed. The stories are always shifty, and when major details get blown there's a new story complete with another shifty explanation - "When you understand why I lied you'll know why you should believe me now.", or "this time I mean it" in other words.

There is a real danger this time that she might get off because it sounds like Travis could be a creep, and that gives her something to work with. For instance, if she can prove he was a creep then the jury might infer that he was also abusive. If he was abusive then she could've been defending herself, or suffering from battered woman syndrome. Accusing her mother of being abusive might be laying the ground work for that.

As for the comments about her being cute or not, when she was dating TA she went in for the blonde bimbo look. In this trial she's completely changed her appearance - no make up, dark hair, and glasses. She's toned it down for the "show".
    Last edited by AgentOrange; March 6th, 2013 at 09:58 AM.
    Callalily likes this.

Silver Member

Homely librarian, meek, demure, gain the jurors sympathy.

^ She's toning it down for the trial because a lot of emphasis has been placed on her looks. She's been accused of getting over on sex appeal. So she probably thinks that by toning it down she'll "score points" with the jury & the public.

It might be a miscalculation on her part, since judges and juries really are reluctant to convict attractive people, and more likely to believe them. When they do get convicted they get less time. Let's face it no one is gonna send Bambi to the chair if she looks at the jury with tears welling up in big doe eyes.

By playing homely she threw away her best defense, but she thinks it increases her credibility. Part of her problem is that even though she's dishonest & manipulative, she's too image focused, and too eager to react to what she thinks people want. She thinks she's clever, but she's only calculating, or a clumsy psychopath in other words - imo. It would be interesting to see how she & Heather Mills would get along.

Callalily likes this.

Eh, there have been so many pictures shown that the jury has to know what she used to look like. I don't think she was ever all that pretty,she looks good in some pics but I think she's just photogenic.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

I actually think that she is kind of attractive. And I don't think she is dumb. She is actually pretty articulate for someone who stopped their education when they did. By the way, I would like to know the real story behind her dropping out of school among other things.

What I can't get past, and never will, is that she absolutely slaughtered this guy. Shot, stabbed, throat cut. I can't see that as self defense in any scenario. He has a ton of stab wound entries in the back, which is not indicative at all, to me, of someone who was on the offense, but was stabbed by their victim when he was unaware.

Her inability to "remember" this event is incredibly telling. Can you imagine Jodi and her lawyers sitting in an office coming up with a scenario where she can recount reasonably for a jury that she basically "drew and quartered" a person in self defense? Basically, she took a big pass and is hoping that the jury will buy into that. Unbelievable.

And I am really, really, really bothered that consensual s*xual scenarios discussed between the two of them are held up as a) "really perverted", and 2) degrading to only one party. To me, that line of thinking is about 50 years out of tune with today's relationships, and is incredibly paternalistic on top of that. Maybe because the trial is conducted not too far from Mormon country, it will fly, though.

^ Her 'selective memory' has been commented on. She has no trouble remembering anything that helps her - like her' dirty, degrading' sexual relationship with Alexander. Details of the murder elude her however. Perhaps she's changed her story too many times to keep track.

Now I'm not saying that Travis Alexander was a prince. He was probably some slick sales exec making his way up. He stayed in good with his Mormon friends cause his career depended on it. Meanwhile he had his side piece out of town to vent his lusts on. No one knows, so it's convenient. It's covering the angles. When she showed up in his home town it must've put a dent in his plans. When she realized he wasn't serious she flipped. The trip he was planning to Mexico with another woman seemed to be the thing that set it off.

Alexander may, or may not, have been a manipulative jerk. That didn't give her the right to kill him because things didn't work out exactly the way she wanted. Sensible people move on. Arias went psycho. You don't stab some one 27 times, cut their throat, and then take pictures in self defense.

Also she was also too insistent on previous stories to be believable now. 1st she didn't know anything about it until the cops found the camera. Then she swore up and down that it was a home invasion. She insisted that the real killers were going free while law enforcement focused on her. "Mark my words" she said. Then she had a new story. So perhaps "mark my words" was only a figure of speech, and part of a smoke screen of bullshit & confusion.

Let's just hope that she doesn't use Glen Back's old trick of rubbing his eyes with Vick's Vapor rub when he needs to shed tears while pretending to cry.

Instant sadness & tears of a clown

Many people bought that act. Even the Young Turks commentators believed the tears were sincere, until the above video leaked. Then a little bitty tear let him down.
    Last edited by AgentOrange; March 6th, 2013 at 11:59 AM.
    MsChiff likes this.

This is my first time that I'm able to watch the trial live and she's answering the jury questions. I missed most of them but caught the one when they asked her why she tossed the camera in the washing machine....she didn't remember.

fgg

i've never heard of a witness answering direct juror questions. does this happen everywhere?
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

I heard that it is something rare, only done in a few states.

Edit: Arizona, Colorado and Indiana.

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    This is my first time that I'm able to watch the trial live and she's answering the jury questions. I missed most of them but caught the one when they asked her why she tossed the camera in the washing machine....she didn't remember.
    It drives me crazy that she "can't remember". "Hey, I can't remember robbing that bank! I was wondering why I had an extra $100,000 on me!"

To me, "I can't remember" is some rhetorical cheap wallpaper that she is laying over her incomplete self defense story.

One other thing - I'd like to ask why she surreptitiously took a naked picture of a previous boyfriend while he was in the shower, which I believe the guy made her erase. Doesn't that completely counter the idea that a lot of these activities, including the picture taking, were against her will. Boy, this trial tees me off.

Silver Member

The nature of the questions that the jury wrote, gives me the idea that they don't believe her. They are calling her on her BS.
    garysgirl1999 likes this.

She's so full of shit that if the jury convicted her and she got capital punishment she could be sentenced to death by lethal laxative. Then she could disappear out of her own rectum.

I am loving these jury questions, I agree they are calling her out and asking all the questions most trial-watchers have been yelling at their tv's during her ridiculous testimony.

I heard some commentary yesterday that the jurors were putting MORE questions in the basket as Jodi was on the stand. So, conceivably, this trial could go on forever. lol
    garysgirl1999 likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread Information