Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Iowa teacher’s aide fired for hiding her role in 1965 torture death of teen girl

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    She shouldn't have been anywhere NEAR a child. Not ever. I can't imagine finding out that someone like this was in the same school as my child - even as a janitor. That probably makes me an asshole, but I'm ok with that.
    I'd like to know how she got past a background check. Even with a name change, I would have hoped that she would be traceable. Kind of scary to think of who else might be flying under the radar because background checks aren't catching things.

In my opinion, this person didn't deserve a break or consideration even after 40 years of being model citizen. What she did was so awful, it has spawned multiple movies and TV shows and studies of human behavior. There can't be any atonement for it
    Beeyotch likes this.

This bitch should have never been released from jail, let alone anywhere near children... Look at her mug shot, it looks like she is trying not to laugh.
    ><((((º>·. ¸¸. ·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>><((((º>`·.¸¸.··´¯`·...¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º> `·.¸¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Quote Originally Posted by yanna View Post
    People change. Esp. someone who committed the crime so young and considering what her own home life must have been like.

Not saying that the woman was justified in lying in her application and that she should have been working with kids. It's just that she was released 45 years ago, that's a lifetime in which I presume she did not lock and starve any teens in her basement.
    I agree. It's likely that she was savagely abused and was quite damaged herself when they killed that girl. Not that it's an excuse, but it gives insight.
    Novice likes this.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Here are some excerpts from a followup story: Iowa teacher's aide suspended after role in '65 torture death revealed - U.S. News

In 1971, the Indiana Supreme Court overturned the convictions, saying jurors had been prejudiced by publicity and that the trials should have been held separately.

Gertrude Baniszewski was convicted of first-degree murder again at a second trial. She was paroled in 1985, changed her name to Nadine Van Fossan and moved to Iowa. She died in 1990.

Paula, now 64, was released from prison in 1972. She was living in Iowa in the mid-1980s, according to a man who grew up with her three sons. Paula, he said, was also very close with his mother. He asked that NBC News not use his name

Gertrude Baniszewski moved in with her daughter in the mid-1980s, he said. She was quiet and reserved – but she also made him nervous.
    “She was kind of scary – her presence was scary,” he said. “Her eyes were sunken in, and her face was very slender. There was a skeletal impression in her face.”

From reading that, I'm even angrier that Gertrude - the mastermind of this mess - ever got out of prison. The fact that Paula let Gertrude back into her house and gave her a place to stay doesn't look good, in my opinion. I wonder what the brothers have been up to since then.

the other sister is a school teacher.

This sort of reminds me in a way of the writer Anne Perry, who committed an infamous murder, later changing her name and becoming a best selling novelist.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    the other sister is a school teacher.

This sort of reminds me in a way of the writer Anne Perry, who committed an infamous murder, later changing her name and becoming a best selling novelist.
    It's also reminding me of one of the current "Dexter" storylines where an accomplice (Yvonne Strahovski, sp?) in a series of brutal murders is now supposedly a model citizen and helping identify further victims of the guy who was her mentor. But knowing Dexter, it will probably turn out she was more a partner than a protege.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information