Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: India Gang Rape Victim's Condition Deteriorating: Hospital

That article says 6 men have been arrested including the bus driver and a minor. Perhaps the bus driver participated by raping the woman as well or is charged because he "allowed" this to happen by not doing anything.
    Froogy likes this.

Thanks Dwarf! I skimmed and didn't see it. I hope everyone involved are brought to justice.

I really hope they have the right men as the pressure to find these guys was pretty immense. But it's great if they have.

India gang-rape: accused Ram Singh 'commits suicide'

The principal accused in the fatal gang-rape and murder of a 23-year-old student on a moving bus in New Delhi last December has apparently committed suicide in jail.

Indians shout slogans during a protest demanding the death penalty for six men accused of the fatal gang rape of a young woman in New Delhi Photo: AP

Officials said Ram Singh, one of six on trial in the high-profile rape case hanged himself by his clothes in Delhi’s Tihat Jail around 5.15am local time.
    Singh’s body has been sent for an autopsy and the jail authorities have ordered an inquiry into the incident.
    Forensic investigators have arrived at the jail to conduct investigations into what the authorities claim was a suicide.
    However, his family has said he could not have killed himself.
    "My son has not committed suicide," said Mange Lal Singh, his father.

"I had met him six days back at the court. He had told me that his life is in danger and he also said that he had been sodomised by his fellow inmates," he told AFP.
    Mr Singh said that his son would have been incapable of hanging himself as a result of a hand injuries he sustained in a road accident several years ago.
    "He couldn't have committed suicide with just one hand," said the father who was speaking in a Delhi slum called Ravi Dass Colony where his son had lived.
    Singh's lawyer also alleged foul play in his death and said he had been assaulted in jail previously.
    "What do you mean killed himself? He has been killed in prison," AP Singh said. Lawyers for the defendants had previously accused police of beating confessions out of the men.

Singh, who along with his brother Mukesh was one of five men arrested over the attack, was the driver of the bus in which the 23-year-old was raped on the night of 16 Dec last year.
    The sixth, 17-year old suspect is being held in Delhi’s juvenile home. He is also being tried separately.
    All the five accused were lodged in isolated cells in the jail after other inmates had attacked and beaten them soon after they were arrested.
    Officials said they were under "suicide watch" as the jail authorities feared that the massive public outrage could see them take their own lives.
    A senior jailor was in charge of the five men.
    “It is shocking how Singh could have committed suicide under these circumstances in the most high security jail in the country,” Mamta Sharma, head of the National Commission for Women, said.

Legal experts said the suicide could "adversely impact" the trial by weakening the prosecution's case.
    Prosecutor Dayan Krishnan had earlier claimed the prosecution had sufficient forensic evidence to secure a conviction and would seek the death penalty for this "rarest of rare cases". The fast track court is expected to deliver its judgment over the next few weeks.
    "He knew he was going to die anyway because we had and still have such a strong case against him," the victim's 20-year-old brother told Reuters.
    "I'm not very thrilled with the news that he killed himself because I wanted him to be hanged ... publicly. Him dying on his own terms seems unfair. But, oh well, one is down."
    Police said they had DNA evidence allegedly linking the defendants to the rape in addition to the victim's hospital-bed declaration and the testimony of her 28-year old male companion.
    The 23-year old girl, who cannot be named for legal reasons, suffered massive intestinal injuries during the assault in which she was violated with an iron bar on a bus she and her male friend innocently clambered aboard on their way home from a seeing a film.
    She died 13 days later at a Singapore medical facility where the government, under pressure from tens of thousands of outraged demonstrators in Delhi and across India, had her admitted in a desperate bid to save her life.

The attack sparked demands for change in the manner in which India deals with sex crimes with police often refusing to file rape cases and courts rarely delivering speedy justice in the few that do get filed.
    This resulted in the federal government introduced stricter laws for sexual offences.
    But conviction in rape cases is rare. Only one of 706 rape cases filed in Delhi last year, for instance, ended in conviction
    The massive outcry over the rape case too has had little effect in Delhi which has recorded four rape cases every day since January.
    According to figures revealed in parliament last week 181 rape cases were registered in the capital between January 1 and February 15.
    This is twice the number registered during the same period last year.

India gang-rape: accused Ram Singh 'commits suicide' - Telegraph

Only one of 706 rape cases filed in Delhi last year, for instance, ended in conviction
    The massive outcry over the rape case too has had little effect in Delhi which has recorded four rape cases every day since January.

^^^
    which is why I'm convinced a good majority of the men in the protests are rapists themselves

Quote Originally Posted by Honey View Post
    India gang-rape: accused Ram Singh 'commits suicide'

The principal accused in the fatal gang-rape and murder of a 23-year-old student on a moving bus in New Delhi last December has apparently committed suicide in jail.

What are the other 5 waiting for? Give them a rope already
    Tiny Pixie likes this.

"I had met him six days back at the court. He had told me that his life is in danger and he also said that he had been sodomised by his fellow inmates," he told AFP.
    Mr Singh said that his son would have been incapable of hanging himself as a result of a hand injuries he sustained in a road accident several years ago.
    "He couldn't have committed suicide with just one hand,"
    said the father who was speaking in a Delhi slum called Ravi Dass Colony where his son had lived.
    Singh's lawyer also alleged foul play in his death and said he had been assaulted in jail previously.
    "What do you mean killed himself? He has been killed in prison," AP Singh said. Lawyers for the defendants had previously accused police of beating confessions out of the men.

Singh, who along with his brother Mukesh was one of five men arrested over the attack, was the driver of the bus in which the 23-year-old was raped on the night of 16 Dec last year.
    The sixth, 17-year old suspect is being held in Delhi’s juvenile home. He is also being tried separately.

So, this was the bus driver. The bus driver participated in the rape and murder of this girl. I don't feel sad that he was sodomized in jail. He didn't mind forcibly and monstrously raping an innocent woman and he didn't mind watching his fucking brother do the same. Neither of them minded stripping her, raping her, forcing a fucking metal rod inside her and destroying her organs so fuck them, let the second one die as soon as possible. As far as his hand injury... well, that hand injury didn't slow him down or keep him from being a rapist and a piece of shit in general... so, fuck him. he's rotting in hell now - as he SHOULD be!
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

I don't want them to commit suicide, but the evil side of me hopes the biggest lifer in the prison has his way with them all on a daily basis.
    rockchick likes this.

he was obviously killed in jail. they are just claiming suicide. after what he did i don't think he was very well liked...

Quote Originally Posted by Honey View Post

"I had met him six days back at the court. He had told me that his life is in danger and he also said that he had been sodomised by his fellow inmates," he told AFP

I wondered if he found rape was so fun then.
    Fluctuat nec mergitur
    Paris, Nov 13th

Quote Originally Posted by Annika View Post
    he was obviously killed in jail. they are just claiming suicide. after what he did i don't think he was very well liked...
    oh well. I'll reserve my sleepless nights for people who deserve to be worried over, not disgusting pieces of shit like these fuckers.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Pixie View Post
    I wondered if he found rape was so fun then.
    Exactly. I hope he liked it. PIG

I'm glad he's dead. I hope they all meet the same fate. I usually wouldn't be saying stuff like this but this crime sickens the life out of me... especially what the younger boy did and he will only get a few years as he's under age. It's maddening.

I'm amazed the family is even crying to the public about his death. I would have hung my head so far down in shame that he and his brother did such a heinous act!
    They're all fukin mentally twisted.
    Sarzy likes this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information