Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Illegal to Annoy on the Internet (Bout Fxcking time!)

Default Re: Illegal to Annoy on the Internet (Bout Fxcking time!)

I should think that a term such as "annoy" probably has different significance when used in a law than when simple individuals such as ourselves use it. It may sound like an unlimited possibility to us, but perhaps to the legal world it could not be as unlimited.
    How on earth can you prohibit someone from being anonymous on the internet? How can you verify it? Is this a case of "if caught doing it, youre in big trouble"? In any case I think its good to have some kind of legal frame to this, so that people cant run wild harassing others. I have had a taste of that and it is really, really distressing.

A lad I went to school with committed suicide after visiting some kind of satanic worship site. He'd spoke briefly about it to some of his close friends before he died and his family found emails from other members on the site on his computer. He was a new member on the site so they all ganged up on him and tricked him into believing that they were all going to take part in some ritual to show there love of satan (or something along those lines) they all planned to sacrifice themselves at the same time on the same night. My friend was the only one that did it though. Sick bastards.
    No man is worth your tears, but once you find one that is, he won't make you cry
    G_ F_CK Y__RS_LF - Would you like to buy a vowel??

Quote Originally Posted by Tiara
    A lad I went to school with committed suicide after visiting some kind of satanic worship site. He'd spoke briefly about it to some of his close friends before he died and his family found emails from other members on the site on his computer. He was a new member on the site so they all ganged up on him and tricked him into believing that they were all going to take part in some ritual to show there love of satan (or something along those lines) they all planned to sacrifice themselves at the same time on the same night. My friend was the only one that did it though. Sick bastards.
    He had to have had emotional problems or some sort of issues prior to killing himself. It like suggesting that music can make a kid kill themselves.

Remember that saying parents would say to kids when they wanted to do what their friends were doing? "If *insert name here* were jumping off the Brooklyn bridge would you jump too?"

It's also not just the internet - some kids are pretty rotten in person in schools so why would they be any different on the internet or as adults on the internet?
    He who knows does not speak.
    He who speaks does not know.
    Lao-tzu

Quote Originally Posted by suede
    He had to have had emotional problems or some sort of issues prior to killing himself. It like suggesting that music can make a kid kill themselves.
    Well I didn't see him for a while after school but he was one of the brightest happiest lads I've ever met, everyone loved him. He came out as being gay in the last year, everyone knew and was fine with it, even the lads because he'd always been everyones funny camp friend. I heard he started taking drugs though so you never know, they could have had an effect.
    No man is worth your tears, but once you find one that is, he won't make you cry

Quote Originally Posted by Tiara
    Well I didn't see him for a while after school but he was one of the brightest happiest lads I've ever met, everyone loved him. He came out as being gay in the last year, everyone knew and was fine with it, even the lads because he'd always been everyones funny camp friend. I heard he started taking drugs though so you never know, they could have had an effect.
    I didn't say it before but either way it's very sad when someone takes their life.

Some of the brightest and funniest people I've known have also been the most alone and most melancholy.

He who knows does not speak.
    He who speaks does not know.
    Lao-tzu

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

well I have an online stalker and its fucking annoying as hell!

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

Is it a male or female? Details Alice!!! What crazy things has this person done to you and what even more crazy things have you done to him/her in return?

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Quote Originally Posted by AliceInWonderland
    well I have an online stalker and its fucking annoying as hell!
    Oh, no fair, I wnat a stalker.

They should just change *annoy* to *stalk*.

Heck, I've probably annoyed shitloads of people just with sarcastic and bitchy comments. But I definitely don't go after people and repeatedly fuck with them via the net. Wrong word here.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

^^^Stalk does make more sense, Mrs. Dark.

Is it me or does anyone else feel that little by little rights are slowly being taken away? FREEDOM, where has thou goeth?

one quick look at the politics section will tell you that freedom is a dream.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information