Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
Like Tree184Likes

Thread: Husband arrested in killing of pregnant wife, 2 young kids; her body found

Hell yeah, Martha! "ClaaaAArkkk..." I can just hear it in my head.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Just goes to show, people who constantly post crap about their happy marriages and perfect husbands on facebook had better watch out.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Quote Originally Posted by dolem View Post
    Doesn't that just feel like SO much extra work just to have an affair? Secret apps to hide everything, secret accounts, etc. Just get a divorce already and move on with your side piece.
    In the early 2000's I remember people talking about undetectable computer spy software being put on their computers by suspecting spouses. Somehow people had affairs without technology except for the home telephone. Like in the older movies when a spouse would get a call in the middle of the night but their spouse was too sleepy to notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post
    There was an HBO movie long ago called Hysterical Blindness starring Uma Thurman. She met a guy at a bar, they had sex at his house, she went home thinking they were having a dinner date, and he ghosts her. The day after the sexual encounter and before she finds out he ghosts her, she's looking through a JCPenney catalog for engagement rings. It was one of the most depressing movies I've ever watched. This mistress reminds me of that.
    Sounds like a good one. I just found it online. I'll watch it tonight or this weekend along with Destination Wedding (Keanu and Winona) which I keep forgetting to watch. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    In the early 2000's I remember people talking about undetectable computer spy software being put on their computers by suspecting spouses.
    That sounds like a keylogger.

I just watched this earlier today!! Get out of my head!!!
    sprynkles likes this.
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

Don't tell me not to worry ... worrying is what I do best!

It's just so chilling. This guy was planning on killing his daughters the night before he did it? This guy deserved the needle for sure.

It is. Not the first man that thought he could just erase his entire family to continue with their extramarital affair.
    BITTER likes this.
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

I have never ever for one second understood how this would be a better solution than a divorce? I guess we'll never know why someone would do something so unthinkable. I would not be able to live myself. NO WAY! I'd be begging for the death penalty.

This whole case is just so weird to me. I mean, Chris Watts is terrifying because he's so wretchedly, wickedly, banal. There doesn't seem to be any remorse, any understanding of how evil his actions were - or any trigger points that would have raised some red flags about an affair, much less murder.

This is probably an unpopular opinion, and I have to preface it by saying I've never even watched an entire show, or read an entire book, etc., about this case, but Shannan is really annoying to me. I get the impression she was a manipulative drama queen, who wanted to project an image of the perfect family and was very quick to lash out at anyone not 100% on board with her. Chris's parents, especially his mother, were antagonistic and difficult, but I think Shannan aggravated the situation. Just me?

Doesn't, of course, excuse what Chris Watts did - I just can't wrap my head around the whole thing. In comparison, Scott Petersen, who murdered Laci and his unborn son, just oozed murderous, cheating, sociopath to me, but Chris Watts is just...
    BITTER and twitchy2.0 like this.

I really don't know much about Shannan to say one way or the other. I don't think I've ever even heard her voice.

When talking about sociopathic murderers, we always want to know why and how could he/she. Sometimes people just don't fit into that murderous label. Sometimes they just snap. Sometimes it's planned for a long time, just suddenly acted upon. I've been reading about true crime since I was a teenager and there are many cases out there that I just don't understand. I will say that most murderous husbands are in some kind of financial trouble and have a mistress.

Quote Originally Posted by lindsaywhit View Post
    This whole case is just so weird to me. I mean, Chris Watts is terrifying because he's so wretchedly, wickedly, banal. There doesn't seem to be any remorse, any understanding of how evil his actions were - or any trigger points that would have raised some red flags about an affair, much less murder.

This is probably an unpopular opinion, and I have to preface it by saying I've never even watched an entire show, or read an entire book, etc., about this case, but Shannan is really annoying to me. I get the impression she was a manipulative drama queen, who wanted to project an image of the perfect family and was very quick to lash out at anyone not 100% on board with her. Chris's parents, especially his mother, were antagonistic and difficult, but I think Shannan aggravated the situation. Just me?

Doesn't, of course, excuse what Chris Watts did - I just can't wrap my head around the whole thing. In comparison, Scott Petersen, who murdered Laci and his unborn son, just oozed murderous, cheating, sociopath to me, but Chris Watts is just...
    I haven't watched the show either, but I definitely got a different impression. From what I remember, she had some existing health issue and was intensely grateful that Chris had come into her life. He seems to be one of these really bland guys who just operates kind of robotically. She complimented him a lot in public posts. She had some kind of on-line, multi-level marketing type of job that kept the family afloat. He had a blue-collar work-site job, which is where he ended up hiding the bodies. As he started the affair and started to act more distant, she sensed it and was trying to repair the relationship - asking him what she could do. I never got the sense that she was denigrating him or ordering him around, or was some helicopter wife.

It's possible that this show reveals some new information that I didn't know before, though.

The vid I posted above is only an 18 minute loong Nicki Swift video. Not too long.

Thanks, Sprynkles. I listened to the whole thing. I didn't learn anything I didn't already learn before. They did leave out information about her notes to him before her murder, asking him what was wrong, and talking to her friend(s) about what the problem might be.

I was reading on Rolling Stone about family annihilators (https://www.rollingstone.com/culture...do-why-803957/). That type of murder is already uncommon - about 10-20 cases a year - which is a fraction of the total number of intimate partner homicides (1,500). Watts' situation is even rarer because he did not commit suicide afterward. They mention the fact that his motivation was to go into a new relationship and not be encumbered by things like a messy divorce. That apparently is an indication of some kind of narcissistic personality disorder.

The other thing that I think is kind of weird about this situation is that he tried to dispose of the bodies at his place of work. There is no way that his daughters' bodies would not have eventually been discovered in the tanks and tied back to him. His wife's body was buried in a shallow grave on the same site, and almost certainly animals would dug up the bones, leading to her discovery also. In short, this guy sounds really, really dumb and psychotically selfish. I also think that there is some inability to empathize with other people.

There's also an unbelievably horrific description of the murders that was written by an author Cheryln (add that to the hated-name list) Cadle that I don't buy because it just doesn't make any sense:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/100563...ife-daughters/

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread Information